EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Mid-cycle Update Wish List

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 03:43 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Mercedes Benz EQS 580 SUV, Audi R8 Performance Quattro, Porsche Cayman S
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
Yes, what you're talking about is an ACTIVE anti roll bar. (Pretty much?) All cars have anti roll bars, it's a critical part of car suspensions systems. But yes, a modern advanced active anto roll bar, like wjhats in active ride control or e-abc would be welcmoe on the heavy EQ models.
Yes this is exactly what I asked above. This will be cool to have but one more thing to fail ;-)
Old 04-28-2023, 03:45 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Mercedes Benz EQS 580 SUV, Audi R8 Performance Quattro, Porsche Cayman S
Soft sliding socket door (as in Taycan and Etron)
Old 04-28-2023, 04:04 PM

Received 94 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by abhansali
1. V2L charging so we can use the car to power devices while on a road trip or even to keep the lights on at home when the power goes out in a storm.
Originally Posted by bpans
Soft sliding socket door (as in Taycan and Etron)
These features are more like wish list for the next gen EQS SUV.
They are simply not practical to get implemented in mid cycle updates (requires too much redesign of electrical architecture and body panels).
Old 04-28-2023, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by nosnoop
I think most cars including EQS SUV have one.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/t...sion%20springs.

What aspect of the vehicle handling needs re-calibration....more understeer or more oversteer to achieve neutrality?
Old 04-29-2023, 06:08 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
EQS
Ok, so it wasn't my imagination. I test drove a EQS 580 SUV today and loved it but when I tried to build my own I was disappointed with some options:

- Looks like soft close doors isn't an option and with heavy doors I would really feel the lack of it in a 135k car.
- I want the 3rd row but I also want to be able to tow a bike carrier, looks like I will have to forego 3rd row if I order an EQS now since configurator doesn't allow tow hitch option with 3rd row (btw is it really true that EQS 450 4matic doesn't have any tow hitch option? I only car about towing 2-3 bike carriers so nothing with wheels)
- Driver assistance options were fairly good even at low speeds, but I kind of assumed the car would be ready for autonomous driving once approved. I get the feeling that's not the case though (although it is unclear if it even would be approved in 3-4 years anyway).
- I need to double check this with our local dealer but website suggests summer tires on both 450 4matic and 580, I live in PNW (hills) and it snows a few times a year now. I would love to know if there is all-season mud & snow tire option here.

I am waiting to see how EQS will compare to Volvo EX90, I imagine while Volvo EX90 has a lower starting price fully loaded it will be >100k but some of the features in EQS could be worth higher price.
The following users liked this post:
ScottC2 (04-30-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 07:57 AM

Received 94 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
- Looks like soft close doors isn't an option and with heavy doors I would really feel the lack of it in a 135k car.
The original plan was to have automatic door opening and closing, not just soft close.
In fact, this feature is described in the manual - "convenience doors".
But the feature was deleted due to chip and supply chain shortage.

but I kind of assumed the car would be ready for autonomous driving once approved. I get the feeling that's not the case though (although it is unclear if it even would be approved in 3-4 years anyway).
No, the car does not come with the hardware required for autonomous driving.
This option is already approved and available in Germany - Drive Pilot option. But it will cost a few thousand dollars with extra lidar sensors.
Old 04-30-2023, 09:55 AM

EQS
Originally Posted by nosnoop
The original plan was to have automatic door opening and closing, not just soft close.
In fact, this feature is described in the manual - "convenience doors".
But the feature was deleted due to chip and supply chain shortage.

No, the car does not come with the hardware required for autonomous driving.
This option is already approved and available in Germany - Drive Pilot option. But it will cost a few thousand dollars with extra lidar sensors.
When does Mercedes usually come up with new order guides? It will likely be September earliest before I would make a final call, any chance that they would have updated builds by then for 2024?
Old 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Chip shortage is the reason they gave for no soft close doors but obviously that is not the truth.
There is currently no chip shortage but the "convenience doors" are still not offered... not even of the EQS-53
You cant get it on the EQS-53 for $160k but you can get it on ICE MBs that cost way less?

That does not make any logical sense... Its time we stop believing the "Chip shortage" BS
Old 05-01-2023, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Turbine Wheels + Night Package which is available in the EU.

The following users liked this post:
JoeMa (05-01-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 06:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 284 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Beautiful looking wheels. Hopefully they will be available in the US soon.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ESQ450
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral;[url=tel:8768999
8768999[/url]]Ok, so it wasn't my imagination. I test drove a EQS 580 SUV today and loved it but when I tried to build my own I was disappointed with some options:

- I want the 3rd row but I also want to be able to tow a bike carrier, looks like I will have to forego 3rd row if I order an EQS now since configurator doesn't allow tow hitch option with 3rd row (btw is it really true that EQS 450 4matic doesn't have any tow hitch option? I only car about towing 2-3 bike carriers so nothing with wheels)
- Driver assistance options were fairly good even at low speeds, but I kind of assumed the car would be ready for autonomous driving once approved. I get the feeling that's not the case though (although it is unclear if it even would be approved in 3-4 years anyway).
- I need to double check this with our local dealer but website suggests summer tires on both 450 4matic and 580, I live in PNW (hills) and it snows a few times a year now. I would love to know if there is all-season mud & snow tire option here.

I am waiting to see how EQS will compare to Volvo EX90, I imagine while Volvo EX90 has a lower starting price fully loaded it will be >100k but some of the features in EQS could be worth higher price.
@sarhoshamiral What price is 580 in PNW? Are you getting at invoice or at MSRP?
Old 05-01-2023, 09:31 AM

EQS
Originally Posted by kart11
@sarhoshamiral What price is 580 in PNW? Are you getting at invoice or at MSRP?
I haven't discussed price yet really as I am not going to get one now but they mentioned it was selling below msrp.