EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Netflix / Hulu / YouTube TV/ streaming to Hyperscreen working as of 2024

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 11:19 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
Netflix / Hulu / YouTube TV/ streaming to Hyperscreen working as of 2024

So I put this on the main EQS forum since the SUV folks and car folks can see easier

i tried carlinkit and it did not work well for me

so I just bought and tried two devices

magicbox 2.0

binize

Both were literally plug and play and adjusted for the full screen

personally if you’re in the market, go with the binize unit. It runs a new Android, much smoother as I found the magic box to work but feel clunky/slow

The following 2 users liked this post by thebigkat82:
MB2timer (06-04-2024), newyorktoLA (01-20-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 07:13 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
EQS
Did they fix Magicbox aspect ratio issue and touch position issue? When I tried it in October, aspect ratio was off and more importantly touch position was off. You would touch the screen and actual click would be few inches away depending on how far away from the top corner you were.

They told me they would have an update for me but I chose to return it.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:21 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
Did they fix Magicbox aspect ratio issue and touch position issue? When I tried it in October, aspect ratio was off and more importantly touch position was off. You would touch the screen and actual click would be few inches away depending on how far away from the top corner you were.

They told me they would have an update for me but I chose to return it.

no they didn’t, much smaller display

I like binize box way better
Old 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by thebigkat82
no they didn’t, much smaller display

I like binize box way better
Which Binize model did you get? There is one in Amazon with 8gb ram and Android 13.
Old 01-20-2024, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Do not buy Ottocast P3 for this. It barely worked the day I got it and now CarPlay doesn't automatically start for it or show up under devices when plugging into the USB port even though the device is on. Also the resolution is garbage.

Update: Bought Binize box for my non-hyperscreen and this thing is amazing. Super crisp, clear resolution and infinitely more responsive than the Ottocast P3. Excited to use this when stopping for charging on a roadtrip or when waiting somewhere and parked.

Last edited by newyorktoLA; 01-22-2024 at 11:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
thebigkat82 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 06:58 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
Which Binize model did you get? There is one in Amazon with 8gb ram and Android 13.
that is the one I got!
Old 01-25-2024, 06:59 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by newyorktoLA
Do not buy Ottocast P3 for this. It barely worked the day I got it and now CarPlay doesn't automatically start for it or show up under devices when plugging into the USB port even though the device is on. Also the resolution is garbage.

Update: Bought Binize box for my non-hyperscreen and this thing is amazing. Super crisp, clear resolution and infinitely more responsive than the Ottocast P3. Excited to use this when stopping for charging on a roadtrip or when waiting somewhere and parked.
yep it looks like the Binize box is perfect for the EQS
Old 01-26-2024, 02:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS 580
Hi,

I have used couple of Carplay AI boxes in my EQS (hyperscreen): Carlinkit t-box and M.I.C AI box. Both of them have suffered from a significant audio lag while watching Youtube, Netflix or HBO. How is Binize in this regard?
Old 01-26-2024, 02:20 AM

EQS
Originally Posted by SmallMonkey
Hi,

I have used couple of Carplay AI boxes in my EQS (hyperscreen): Carlinkit t-box and M.I.C AI box. Both of them have suffered from a significant audio lag while watching Youtube, Netflix or HBO. How is Binize in this regard?
No issues I’ve noticed
Old 01-26-2024, 03:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS 580
Super,
so the version you are using is this:
Amazon Amazon
?
Old 01-26-2024, 07:12 AM

EQS
Originally Posted by SmallMonkey
Super,
so the version you are using is this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C2L5G1FK ?
yep that’s it
Old 01-26-2024, 09:04 AM
SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello!
If you want to upgrade to a better experience, such as enjoying 4G WIFI, playing games, watching youtube, netflix, turning your car into a private online theater. you can check our MagicAIBOX, which has exquisite UI interfaces and specific functionality and operational features meticulously crafted with strict tolerances and guidelines. With over 10,000 development hours invested, extensive in-vehicle testing across various car configurations ensures the utmost quality.

We have a special offer for MBworld members until February 10, 2024.
Please use coupon code: MB20 to get 20% off on our website: https://www.carputech.com

We offer Guarantee and Warranty:
30 DAYS FREE RETURN GUARANTEE: No Need to Hesitate on Your Carputech Purchase. Try it out!! We guarantee you will love it!! If you are not satisfied Carputech Provides: FREE RETURNS Guaranteed within 30 Days, whether you use the product or not.
2-YEAR-WARRANTY: We offer 2-year warranty for all Carputech carplay products, if there is any quality problem, we will exchange the item for you. If the item exchange cannot resolve the problem, we will propose a return to arrange a refund.

If you have any questions, please contact us!
Email:support@carputech.com

Old 01-27-2024, 09:25 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by carputech
Hello!
If you want to upgrade to a better experience, such as enjoying 4G WIFI, playing games, watching youtube, netflix, turning your car into a private online theater. you can check our MagicAIBOX, which has exquisite UI interfaces and specific functionality and operational features meticulously crafted with strict tolerances and guidelines. With over 10,000 development hours invested, extensive in-vehicle testing across various car configurations ensures the utmost quality.

We have a special offer for MBworld members until February 10, 2024.
Please use coupon code: MB20 to get 20% off on our website: https://www.carputech.com

We offer Guarantee and Warranty:
30 DAYS FREE RETURN GUARANTEE: No Need to Hesitate on Your Carputech Purchase. Try it out!! We guarantee you will love it!! If you are not satisfied Carputech Provides: FREE RETURNS Guaranteed within 30 Days, whether you use the product or not.
2-YEAR-WARRANTY: We offer 2-year warranty for all Carputech carplay products, if there is any quality problem, we will exchange the item for you. If the item exchange cannot resolve the problem, we will propose a return to arrange a refund.

If you have any questions, please contact us!
Email:support@carputech.com

if you want to send me one, I can test it and report back to the forum here on the performance of the unit so folks could buy with confidence
Old 01-29-2024, 11:38 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by thebigkat82
if you want to send me one, I can test it and report back to the forum here on the performance of the unit so folks could buy with confidence
Hello, our this Magic Box is totally different from all the ai boxes you mentioned.If you want the carlinkit AI box, I can send you one too, but it seems unnecessary as you have already tested it. For the Magic Box, we’d like to offer you half price if you are willing to share your experience on it with us here. Or anyone else here wants to give it a try please contact me. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:55 AM
SPONSOR

Hello, our this Magic Box is totally different from all the ai boxes you mentioned.If you want the carlinkit AI box, I can send you one too, but it seems unnecessary as you have already tested it. For the Magic Box, we’d like to offer you half price if you are willing to share your experience on it with us here. Or anyone else here wants to give it a try please contact me. Thanks.
Here comes a review from our customer, for your reference.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:28 PM

EQS
Here comes a review from our customer, for your reference.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWoLeh2shFg
Except this review is not for a Mercedes EQS which is this forum is for. Last time I tried a "Magicbox" on my EQS, the touch control didn't work at all since touch points were not aligned with the screen and it got worse as you touched away from top left corner. So it was pretty much unusable.
Old 03-09-2024, 03:30 PM

EQS580
I tried to buy this carputech model, but the 50% discount is $50 dlls off... so $239... and their webpage clearly states products can't be returned once the box is opened.....

I bought the binize instead ( android 13; 8+128 ).. will test with my EQS580 and post my comments here in the next few days
Old 03-09-2024, 03:48 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by hangulo
I tried to buy this carputech model, but the 50% discount is $50 dlls off... so $239... and their webpage clearly states products can't be returned once the box is opened.....

I bought the binize instead ( android 13; 8+128 ).. will test with my EQS580 and post my comments here in the next few days
I think you will be very pleased with it
Old 03-10-2024, 03:50 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by hangulo

Hello, we are sorry that our half price promotion has ended, we hope you can understand.
But with our coupon code " SPECIAL50" you will get $50 off from carlinkitbox.com or carputech.com.

Anyway, you may have purchased it from our dealer, thank you for your support of our products.
Although I don't know which version of the product you purchased, I guess it should be one of the following:
https://carlinkitbox.com/products/ca...oid-smart-box#
https://carlinkitbox.com/products/ca...44083659669757

For return policy: Since I promise a full refund if you are not satisfied within 30 days, you can buy with confidence. You can also send an email to our website customer service to confirm this commitment.
Any questions pls feel free to ask us.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 2022
Anyone a good ai box that I could buy in EU or on AliExpress?
Old 03-21-2024, 03:23 PM

Received 160 Likes on 102 Posts
23' EQS AMG
You'll spent too much time in your car to turn your head or your body, to watch your favorite videos in the middle screen. I've spent money on these types of aftermarket doohickies and never got any real value out of them. I just go back into the house and watch on the big screen or resort to my 6.8" phone screen.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:43 PM

eqe
I'm very interested in this, could someone with a hyperscreen let me know if the binize works for using youtube on the passenger side of the hyperscreen?

TIA
Old 03-22-2024, 05:33 AM

EQS 2022
Originally Posted by MB37
You'll spent too much time in your car to turn your head or your body, to watch your favorite videos in the middle screen. I've spent money on these types of aftermarket doohickies and never got any real value out of them. I just go back into the house and watch on the big screen or resort to my 6.8" phone screen.
Yeah it's mainly while charging or something on holiay. I just found an old Android phone, rooted the phone, and will watch Netflix etc on that
Old 03-22-2024, 03:53 PM

EQS580
Originally Posted by gutter888
I'm very interested in this, could someone with a hyperscreen let me know if the binize works for using youtube on the passenger side of the hyperscreen?

TIA
None of those devices work on the passenger screen, they use the carplay protocol and the car only funnels that data to the main screen (same for android auto)

I have been testing the binize box for 3 weeks, unfortunately my experience has not been great, I have been trying to return the unit for a week now but their support team keep sending me troubleshooting steps ( their support is very responsive though).

I have found the following issues with the binize mercedes box on my EQS:

1.- Wheel controls do not work as expected...instead you get a mouse pointer that it is very hard to manipulate with our crappy touch controls on the wheel.. I was expecting a discreet movement from button to button (left, right, up, down) on the screen not a mouse pointer that you need to precisely line up with the button you want to click on screen.

2.- I could not find a way to change the theme to dark mode... the android settings are trimmed and the themes section is empty... this makes some app like google maps, waze, etc display bright gray background which is very distracting

3.- Other devices allow you to change the intro/boot animation... this one does not.... the video is low-res, eventhough it is only 5 secs it kinda looks cheap on the hyperscreen..

4.- Bluetooth controllers for gaming do not work properly

5.- Carplay audio (when you connect your phone to the binize box) is choppy, sometimes after you hang up it shows as if the call is still on.... I ended up connecting my phone to the EQS bluetooth directly ( you can have carplay from your phone to the car directly while the binize box is plugged )

6.- Streaming videos have Audio out of sync (audio is always 400ms late) and again makes the whole experience cheap (speedtest shows 80 Mbps speed, the same happens when connected to my home wifi at 300Mbps)

7.- You can't zoom in google maps... you are stuck with the main zoom factor... when you approach a turn google will zoom in and out.. but you can't do it manually for some reason... zoom in other apps works ok but for me GMAPS was very important

8- iPhone mirror (airplay) only works if you connect the binize box to the iphone wifi hotspot....I have a hotspot on the car itself and I connect my phone to the car along with the benize box... screen mirroring wont work that way... other airplay emulators just require the sender and receiver to be connected to the same network, this one requires the receiver to be connected to the sender directly (per their support team)

The last 4 items are show stoppers for me.. I am not sure if I received a defective unit... wondering if @thebigkat82 had the same issues...

Old 03-22-2024, 06:46 PM

Received 467 Likes on 293 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
I'm old, but I'm still wondering why you would want this in the first place? Just me, maybe.......YMMV. If I want TV/movies, I'll stop and watch them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Netflix / Hulu / YouTube TV/ streaming to Hyperscreen working as of 2024