EQS EQS (V297) sedan

My EQS580 - the "sometimes" car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 01:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
EQS 580
My EQS580 - the "sometimes" car.

I've had my EQS for about 1 1/2 years and without a doubt it's the best vehicle I've ever owned, EV or ICE. I've owned 6 Teslas so I'm not new to EV's.

Sometimes when touching the door lock, the doors don't lock.
Sometimes when approaching the locked vehicle and the handles extend, I have to let go and try again. (front driver)
Sometimes when turning on the cruise and touching Set, I have to do it 2 or three times.
Sometimes when the cruise is engaged then touching Cancel, SAA.
Sometimes after turning on the vehicle and engaging Drive, gotta shut down and try again.
Sometimes when swiping ANY of the controls, it may or may not work, especially the speed change.

No, I haven't contacted service about this as it's a 90 minute drive one way from where I live. I can live with it. It's still no comparison with all the crap I experienced with Tesla. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Old 05-21-2024, 02:10 PM

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
No

Sometimes when approaching the locked vehicle and the handles extend, I have to let go and try again. (front driver)
yes,

Sometimes when turning on the cruise and touching Set, I have to do it 2 or three times.
no

no

Sometimes after turning on the vehicle and engaging Drive, gotta shut down and try again.
no

Sometimes when swiping ANY of the controls, it may or may not work, especially the speed change.
no

I would set up an appointment with dealer and ask for an EV loaner. ask SA if they can re-install the software.
Old 05-21-2024, 04:16 PM

Received 160 Likes on 102 Posts
23' EQS AMG
When something takes a complex microprocessor rather than a dedicated chip to process a function, you'll "sometimes" get delays and glitches because the multifunction microprocessor relies on resistors, relay switches, and sensors. Hence, some functions do glitch out from time to time. However, if it is doing it 50% of the time, there's usually a hardware issue. If it is happening 25% of the time, it is also hardware. If it is happening once in a while, then software reprogramming is needed.

As for the touch sensor function, I'm the worst operator due to my dry and thicker none capacitive finger tips. Only some lotion fingers will help me. I struggle with getting the desired volume on the AMG wheel volume slider function 75% of the time unless my fingers are moist and lotion. I find myself reach for a phantom volume knob (doesn't exist) on the hyper-screen sometimes too.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:52 PM

Received 467 Likes on 293 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
I've found that, for things like cruise control resume/cancel, etc, you have to make sure your finger is in the right spot, and then you click down on the switch. If your finger is a little off, the switch doesn't sense what you're trying to do. On the slider switches, i've found that a flick of the fingertip works much better than trying to put your finger on it and slide it. Agree that sometimes it takes a second or third try, but its usually because I have not followed the precise procedure required, rather than a software glitch. Just my $.02. YMMV. I love my EQS.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 849 Likes on 543 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by guess2098
No

yes,

no

no

no

no

I would set up an appointment with dealer and ask for an EV loaner. ask SA if they can re-install the software.
same here. Only experienced the second one. But not often.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:30 AM

Received 94 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by TrekRider
Are you talking about trying the unlock the car with the handle?

The proper way to do it is to put your 4 fingers behind the handle and wait for it to unlock.
Do NOT grab the handle before it unlocks.
It works for me every time, first time.
Old 05-22-2024, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 299 Posts
EQ
On mine, 9 times out of 10 when grabbing the door handle the car unlocks instantly. Once in a while there is a delay to unlock when grabbling the handle the same way.

Originally Posted by nosnoop
Are you talking about trying the unlock the car with the handle?

The proper way to do it is to put your 4 fingers behind the handle and wait for it to unlock.
Do NOT grab the handle before it unlocks.
It works for me every time, first time.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Out of all the issues mentioned, I've had none of them except having to press "set" for cruise control an extra time or 2 to get it to actually work. I don't think I've experienced it in a while though so I think my finger wasn't in the correct position in the past.

I've never had any issues approaching/unlocking/getting into the EQS. My only gripe is locking it. Our previous S-Classes and other MB's with Keyless Go would allow you to touch the lock sensor on the handle immediately after shutting the door and would lock. On the EQS, it does NOT work no matter what immediately after closing the door. I have to wait a solid second or two before it'll accept my touch to lock it.

I hate it because in the past MBs, it was such a seamless experience. I didn't even have to think about it and could close the door, lock the car and walk away in one swoop. Now I have to close the door. Stand there for an extra second. Press lock, and then begin to walk away. Not ideal. I find myself more often just walking away and locking it with the key.
Old 05-22-2024, 10:27 PM

23' EQS AMG
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
Out of all the issues mentioned, I've had none of them except having to press "set" for cruise control an extra time or 2 to get it to actually work. I don't think I've experienced it in a while though so I think my finger wasn't in the correct position in the past.

I've never had any issues approaching/unlocking/getting into the EQS. My only gripe is locking it. Our previous S-Classes and other MB's with Keyless Go would allow you to touch the lock sensor on the handle immediately after shutting the door and would lock. On the EQS, it does NOT work no matter what immediately after closing the door. I have to wait a solid second or two before it'll accept my touch to lock it.

I hate it because in the past MBs, it was such a seamless experience. I didn't even have to think about it and could close the door, lock the car and walk away in one swoop. Now I have to close the door. Stand there for an extra second. Press lock, and then begin to walk away. Not ideal. I find myself more often just walking away and locking it with the key.
I thought I would test this one out for you. I got out, closed the door, and immediate press the lock button on the door handle, and it locks immediately. I've been doing this to my 7er for years, too. You might want to get that serviced.

A glitch I found with my AMG EQS. If I did my math correctly, that will be 355 miles at 100% charge. I beat out even the 450+.

The following users liked this post:
QuadBenz (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 08:14 PM

Received 467 Likes on 293 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
My 450+ gets 375 miles at 80%. Over 400 at 100%. Neither prediction is probably really correct, but I must be missing something in your logic. I would love to drive the AMG, tho.......just sayin!
Old 05-23-2024, 11:25 PM

23' EQS AMG
Originally Posted by hlothery
My 450+ gets 375 miles at 80%. Over 400 at 100%. Neither prediction is probably really correct, but I must be missing something in your logic. I would love to drive the AMG, tho.......just sayin!
I was joking because the AMG epa estimate is 277 miles on full charge and the 450+ is 352 miles. In real world I will never get to the 450+ range.
The following users liked this post:
hlothery (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 751 Likes on 558 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by TrekRider
I've had my EQS for about 1 1/2 years and without a doubt it's the best vehicle I've ever owned, EV or ICE. I've owned 6 Teslas so I'm not new to EV's.

No, I haven't contacted service about this as it's a 90 minute drive one way from where I live. I can live with it. It's still no comparison with all the crap I experienced with Tesla. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
I wonder if a lot of the touch issues are related to cold, dry fingers? Maybe not but thought I should mention it.