EQS EQS (V297) sedan
View Poll Results: As far as having an AUTO HOLD so that break engages when you come to a complete stop
I care about an AUTO HOLD feature
33.33%
I don’t care about an AUTO HOLD feature
33.33%
I hate keeping my foot on the break for red lights
33.33%
I dont mind keeping my foot on the break for red lights
33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

BREAK HOLD WHEN VEHICLE STOPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eqs 450
Thumbs down BREAK HOLD WHEN VEHICLE STOPS

I could swear the car would engage the brake when driving and you camemto a fullmstop. That feature has a switch in BMWs. Its called AUTO HOLD.

It stopped working for me and now I have to pump the break 2 and 3 times to make it HOLD when coming to a full stop

in city traffic, this feature is critical.

HELP,
Old Today, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,813 Likes on 2,395 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by ihatemyeqs450
I could swear the car would engage the brake when driving and you camemto a fullmstop. That feature has a switch in BMWs. Its called AUTO HOLD.

It stopped working for me and now I have to pump the break 2 and 3 times to make it HOLD when coming to a full stop

in city traffic, this feature is critical.

HELP,
MB's brake hold is engaged by coming to a full stop and then just stab the brake once, it has been like this for many years. Is that the behaviour before when it stopped working properly?
Old Today, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Turn off Creep mode and brake hold will always be on. With Creep mode off, whenever you come to a stop with brake hold on, take your foot off the brake and the car will hold the brakes until you press the Go Pedal.
If you have regen mode on and creep mode off, whenever the car comes to a stop without your foot on the brakes, the car will hold the brakes until the Go Pedal is pressed.
With creep mode off there is no need to stab the brake pedal and you will not see a message indicating the Hold is engaged but it is.
The following users liked this post:
Crito (Today)
Old Today, 01:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,813 Likes on 2,395 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Turn off Creep mode and brake hold will always be on. With Creep mode off, whenever you come to a stop with brake hold on, take your foot off the brake and the car will hold the brakes until you press the Go Pedal.
If you have regen mode on and creep mode off, whenever the car comes to a stop without your foot on the brakes, the car will hold the brakes until the Go Pedal is pressed.
With creep mode off there is no need to stab the brake pedal and you will not see a message indicating the Hold is engaged but it is.
Interesting, forgot about creep mode, this should be the solution to OP's problem.