CLS350 CDI 7G Tronic (722.9) cold start problem - No Manual Mode

Old 02-18-2017, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake 4Matic
CLS350 CDI 7G Tronic (722.9) cold start problem - No Manual Mode

Hello Everyone,

I've just bought a 2013/10 CLS350 CDI Shooting Brake 4Matic.
It has around 80.000 km, all services undertaken by Mercedes at 25k, 50k, 75k.
The car has the Transmission mode selection option: E - Economy, S - Sport, M - Manual.

The last 3 occasions when I started the car first in the morning and went on driving:

- Cold weather (0 to -5 Celsius at night, around 0 Celsius during the day)
- The Transmission switched every gear at exactly 2,900 rpm (which is rather high), which might be OK for the first 5-10 minutes, however...
- It kept switching gears at this rpm even after 30-40 minutes constant driving, with the engine already being warmed up
- The Transmission mode M - Manual cannot be selected (the car allows E or S mode only), however...
- I can change gears with the flaps on the steering wheel, but only at high rpm-s.
- By shutting down and restarting the car, all of the above problems are gone, smooth and perfect shifts, M - Manual mode can be selected. Like nothing happened.
- These happened only after the first start in the morning, the symptoms went away for the rest of the day (no matter how many restarts).

I haven't been to a service to have the problem checked yet, I thought to give it a try here on the forum, someone might have useful info on this/had same issues.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you