Replacement of ignition key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
220CDI
Replacement of ignition key

I need to replace my car key which I may have left last week in a hotel in Beijing or Taian but cannot be found.
2. I understand that DAIMLER AG policy requires that only the registered car owner requests a new car key. That is the only requirement in Australia for MB customers.
3. I have made a request in person with both my Portuguese car registration card and my company legal document to C.Santos VIP, Cascais (Estrada da Ribeira 575, 2645-575 Alcabideche, Portugal) but they refused to order the key justifying that they need the car to be towed to their carshop.
4. It is unjustified this request based on the fact I presented the legal documents and the fact that this same MB carshop changed recently the front windshield of my MB C220CDI.
5.DAIMLER AG has the car key code in their information system. Therefore it is most unreasonable the need to tow away my car.
8. I cannot understand why MB Portugal has a different policy than MB Australia. Are MB policies inconsistent as regards to this matter. What justifies such a variation? Are Portugal legal documents not reliable for MB?
J S Lucas
Old 09-21-2017, 03:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1998 c180 classic , 2003 c180 kompressor avantguarde, 2014 c250 cdi Black Edition, 2008 VW Golf
No it is because MB Australia think they holier than thou and there own policies and procedures are more important than Australian consumer law. They would also like to charge you a kings ransom for your issue thats how they get big fat wallets .
yes they will need to code the new key to your car and yes remove the old key you lost from the computer as well now that take all of 20 mins to do but they want to charge you over 500 bucks see for all that in some cases up to a 1000 bucks (for a key because your security is everything or nothing to MB)
thats why they are my pick for ***** OF THE WEEK.
The following users liked this post:
Just Ducky (10-07-2020)