European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Can full airfare be included in ED?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C63s Coupe
Can full airfare be included in ED?

I'm reading that airfair is only covered with a $200 Delta voucher. It's going to cost at least 4 times that for me to fly to Germany. Is this something that can be negotiated?
Old 06-21-2017, 02:19 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
The $200 Delta voucher is issued by the MB USA Corporate European Deliver Program. It is not provided by the dealer, the dealers are independent corporations.

But you are free to negotiate anything you want with the dealer. You could also just negotiate the cost of airfare off the price of the car.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by ted_jane
The $200 Delta voucher is issued by the MB USA Corporate European Deliver Program. It is not provided by the dealer, the dealers are independent corporations.

But you are free to negotiate anything you want with the dealer. You could also just negotiate the cost of airfare off the price of the car.
Good Luck with that!
Old 06-21-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by Gary From LA
Good Luck with that!
I never said it would be a successful negotiation :-), hence the word negotiate.

But I did manage to mostly pay for my EDP vacation with the savings I negotiated off MSRP (%7 EDP discount, plus an additional 5% off).
Old 06-24-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLC 300 4Matic
In my experience, the $200 voucher is worthless. It was only good on fare classes booked through their captive travel agency and they were far more expensive that lowest fares available on internet. You have to go through Atlanta pretty much as it wouldn't allow any routing through SkyTeam alliances partners like Air France or KLM when I called. You are most likely going to be better off booking your own airfare. I ended up cashing in miles on Virgin Atlantic (DL) and connecting to British Airways flights at Heathrow, but I also had a planned vacation in London anyway.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Heard MB is revamping the euro delivery program . Details to be announced soon