European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

All-Season Tires Issue for Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 12:44 PM

Received 66 Likes on 22 Posts
W223 S580, Range Rover Supercharged LWB, Audi A8L, BMW 750i, Porsche 911 Carrera S (997)
All-Season Tires Issue for Delivery

Hi all,

I placed an order for a 2018 S560v4 last month for a December delivery. I ordered the 20" sports package wheels.

Today, after I decided to follow up with my order and ensure my delivery date on other details (including to make sure my wheels had M+S all season tires)...since I am in NYC and my car is 4matic.

I get a call saying that it is now impossible to get all season tires for 20" wheels and I should order the 19's. I have had 20" Mercedes wheels since I can remember and have always had all season from the dealer, including for my last delivery back in 2013, also in December.

Has anyone had experience or issues with this? I'm hoping its miscommunication and it can be resolved, but my sales person seemed very firm on this....I may even cancel the whole order If I cant get exactly what I want. Maybe it would just be better to purchase stateside....thoughts?
Old 10-13-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C-Class Coupe
You may not like the option, but you could still go to Europe for the delivery and turn the car in the same day. Rent a car or utilize other methods of transportation (i.e. train) to get around. This allows for your preferred configuration and some of the experience. It's unfortunate, but also not unheard of. I've seen it done before.