European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Insurance for ED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 RR
Insurance for ED

I am 2 weeks out from picking up my car in Germany through the MB ED program.

My question is regarding insurance. I know that the ED program comes with complementary insurance while driving in Europe. However, is there any need to purchase a separate insurance policy through my US insurance carrier to cover the car from the time I drop it off and the time I pick it up?

Has anyone here purchased insurance through their stateside insurance agent prior to taking US delivery?

thanks,
Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
BMW 5 Series, Buick Enclave
Originally Posted by BJTyler747
I am 2 weeks out from picking up my car in Germany through the MB ED program.

My question is regarding insurance. I know that the ED program comes with complementary insurance while driving in Europe. However, is there any need to purchase a separate insurance policy through my US insurance carrier to cover the car from the time I drop it off and the time I pick it up?

Has anyone here purchased insurance through their stateside insurance agent prior to taking US delivery?

thanks,
European Road Insurance, zero deductible comprehensive insurance and marine insurance are all included as part of the ED program. That should cover the car until it arrives stateside. I think MBUSA (or the transport companies) will have your back if anything happens to the car on it's way from the port to your dealership. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
(Also, I believe your US auto insurance policy will only provide coverage on a vehicle that is within the United States.)

Enjoy your ED experience!

-SCR
The following users liked this post:
BJTyler747 (04-22-2018)