European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

ED to Canada? Looking at C46 AMG, Mercedes Newb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 S4
ED to Canada? Looking at C46 AMG, Mercedes Newb

Hey everyone, great discussion and board here. Currently enjoying my 2011 S4, but have been lusting for the C63 or S version for some years now and think it may be time to explore the AMG world. The C63S is a little pricey but enjoyed my C43 test drive yesterday. The 3 models I looked at were not what I wanted, so was looking at ordering one new. I was at a dealership that had a production slot for a vehicle in April/May of this year that could be customized to my liking and when I asked about the ED, the "AMG Expert" salesman with 20 years experience said he thinks it is basically a "no" because of licensing, etc. and it seemed to be something he was genuinely not interested in exploring for me. He may be right, but sounds like an unmotivated person and want to get some better answers. A couple questions
1) Do they offer ED to Canada? I don't see why it could not happen.
2) Would I be best off creating a letter with options, pricing, etc. and sending to a few dealerships or calling to see if they can help with ED, or is their another avenue to engage with people who could actually help?

The May timing would actually work for me and the salesman said he would have about a month to organize/customize that production allocation. Also, any updated guidance on the discount/economics around this program would be helpful. It sounds like about 5-7% off MSRP is expected?

Thank you!
Old 02-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63S Wagon
I don't know about Canada, but I do know that 5% off and waiver of the delivery charge seems to be the deal you get on an AMG in the U.S.

I would contact MB North America or Canada and see if they offer European Delivery. If so, then call several dealers and tell them you are interested in buying via ED and see what they say.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:17 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Here are some links to research the Canadian EDP:

Herbert's FAQ on Canadian delivery: http://www.mbeuropeandelivery.com/faq.php
MB Club of America - Toronto Section EDP Part I
Deborah McLellan at deborah.mclellan@mercedes-benz.ca

Google "mb canada european delivery" for more links