MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Events & Gatherings (https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings-24/)
-   -   San Diego (Encinitas) MB / AMG Meet - 9th JULY - 2PM (https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/111315-san-diego-encinitas-mb-amg-meet-9th-july-2pm.html)

ChristianJan 02-13-2005 07:17 PM

San Diego (Encinitas) MB / AMG Meet - 9th JULY - 2PM

Anyone in San Diego up for a meet? i feel that LA is too far for me just for a meet. maybe some San Diegans feel the same way? make it a little more convienent for us "near the border" folks.

gokool 02-16-2005 08:25 PM

im down for a meet in s.d......

JAY55 02-17-2005 03:16 PM

there are enough people in S.D then it's on.

perzbenz 02-17-2005 07:05 PM

i am down :D

tbone55 02-17-2005 07:26 PM

Yeah I'm down for trip to Diego...Hey Sean, you know you're old enough to drink in T.J., right ? HAHA!! First one's on me!

perzbenz 02-19-2005 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by tbone55
Yeah I'm down for trip to Diego...Hey Sean, you know you're old enough to drink in T.J., right ? HAHA!! First one's on me!

clown spotted! :D

CDP 02-20-2005 12:00 AM

I don't think getting sean drunk is a good idea. :)

BimmerChick 02-28-2005 01:42 AM

I'm in San Diego too :y

Saprissa 04-22-2005 08:12 PM

someone, get it started in here....

CarlsbadKmprssr 04-23-2005 02:12 PM

I would also be down for a meet. I dont have a clue how to get it started though.

Saprissa 04-27-2005 04:10 PM

The S.D. MB meet is just a great idea ! Unlike me, who will drive just about anywhere in SoCal for an MB meet, most San Diegans don't like to leave the county. We're trying to get interested people to start submitting ideas in this thread.
Hopefully, we can put something together for the summer, so we can do an all-day event. Meet, pictures, BBQ, photographs, beach cruise, dinner, whatever ! Also, would be good to get some of the local MB tuners to either come out or sponsor, invite the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (San Diego Chapter), as well as the 3 main dealerships (MBSD, Escondido, & Hoehn). Of course, L.A., O.C., and Riverside folks are all invited to come down for a change !

All still in the brain-storming mode.

But, please start submitting ideas of locations, dates, things to do.
No final decisions, yet. Just ideas. We want to do this right, so the maximum number of people can attend, and not start bickering over one place or another. So once ALL (ALL) the ideas are on the table, we can start a POLL to vote on final location and date !

let's have fun....

Carlos
:zoom:
Saprissa@aol.com

AdamVax 04-27-2005 04:40 PM

im down for the meet in SD

jigga619 04-28-2005 04:33 PM

I'm in SD

Saprissa 04-28-2005 09:53 PM

Interest List ONLY ! for now...

This is just a PRELIMINARY list. No commitments or dates yet.

Just trying to get a feel for participation level. When things get firmed up, we will post in other MB forums like MBKlasse, BenzWorld, 202 Club, MB Club of America, etc....

Feel free to add yourself to the list if interested...

MBWorld:

1. jigga619
2. AdamVax
3. Saprissa
4. CarlsbadKmprssr
5. BimmerChick
6. ChrisDPham
7. perzbenz
8. tbone55
9. JAY55
10. gokool
11. ChristianJan

if there are more San Diegans on these boards, and would like to take part in the planning stages of a Summer MB SD meet, please sign up.

Thanks !
Carlos
Saprissa@aol.com

JAY55 04-29-2005 01:35 PM

what date and time?

bugzy 05-19-2005 04:20 PM

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6221

http://bugzy.socaleuro.com/misc/sd_gtg.jpg

JAY55 05-20-2005 05:42 PM

Wednesday? hmm..I'll try to swing out there this coming week. How many people are usually there?

Justinius7 05-31-2005 12:40 PM

San Diego/P B

Yesterday (Memorial Day) I was in PB on the beach in front of "Hooters" and saw a coupe (VITAMIN "C") it was light greenish color, and definatly Modded.

Folding mirrors
Command
Digital Climate Control
Tint
Bi-X
Parktronic
etc. etc. etc....

I believe i have read many of this persons posts here on this forum...

I MUST SAY.... D@MN, YOUR CAR IS LOOKING GOOD!! VERY IMPRESSED! Also the car looks more impressive in person, than do the pics.

I walked by, and had to check out your ride, could not help myself.

Saprissa 05-31-2005 12:54 PM

That would be Doug's CITRON Coupé....
he's moving back down to San Diego, so we'll definitely see much more of his awesome Coupé !

Your's is white, right ?
Demon has a black one.
Mine is Brill Silver.

Who else has C-Coupés in the San Diego area ????

would love to do a multi-color C-Coupé photo shoot this summer !!!

Carlos
Saprissa@aol.com

Justinius7 05-31-2005 01:02 PM

Yeah, I have the white.... I'm totally up for a group SD photo. Maybe do a BBQ @ the same time.

Saprissa 05-31-2005 01:09 PM

sounds good !
I'm still tinkering with a full blown Mercedes / AMG meet this summer (July) in the San Diego area. I'm a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MBCA / SD Section), but most of those guys are much older, and not too much into the "meet & greet, cruise & photoshoot, eat at Fuddruckers" scene. They are more into meeting at the Polo Grounds, eating chesse & drinking wine, and reminiscing about the 1950's. I joined to bring a little bit more lively action into MBCA.

but for now, maybe we can get some of the Coupés together for a BBQ.
I can do it at my house (i'm kinda centrally located) if you guys like.
Need Demon and CitronC230K_03 to chime in. And of course, anyone else with an MB is welcome !

Carlos
Saprissa@aol.com

CarlsbadKmprssr 05-31-2005 07:22 PM

I was wondering what was happening with that SD gtg. It would be cool just to take some photos and maybe grab some Starbucks or something too.

Saprissa 05-31-2005 08:14 PM

I was hoping people would have started suggesting ideas and dates in that thread started in the EVENTS & GATHERINGS forum for a San Diego meet. I got people interested in attending, but no ideas as of yet.

I have to scout a location, and I had thought that perhaps one of the Parking Lots at Mission Bay, except that summer Saturdays will be kinda crowded by beach-goers.

Other option may need to be a little further inland. Need ideas & help brainstorming. Trying to keep it centrally located between downtown San Diego & Carlsbad to get the most attendance. If you do have ideas, please post them at this link: any San Diegans?

I would recommend doing this on a Saturday starting at 2pm - 4pm either late June or late July to avoid holidays like Father's Day / 4th of July / etc...

anyway, let's take this conversation to that LINK and see what people come up with !!

Carlos
Saprissa@aol.com

Saprissa 05-31-2005 08:16 PM

haven't gotten a single suggestion yet !!

C'mon folks. Summer is HERE !
and we need to set up a San Diego MB meet !

Let's get some ideas rolling !

Originally Posted by Saprissa
All still in the brain-storming mode.

But, please start submitting ideas of locations, dates, things to do.
No final decisions, yet. Just ideas. We want to do this right, so the maximum number of people can attend, and not start bickering over one place or another. So once ALL (ALL) the ideas are on the table, we can start a POLL to vote on final location and date !

Carlos
Saprissa@aol.com

AdamVax 05-31-2005 08:30 PM

are any mbworld members going to this meet?