Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.
View Poll Results: Dates for AMGweekend 06
Memorial day weekend-May 27,28,29
31.58%
Juy 4th weekend- July 1,2,3
19.30%
A weekend in August (not set)
43.86%
Labor Day weekend September 2,3,4
7.02%
Another weekend in September (Not set)
24.56%
Columbus day weekend October 7,8,9
8.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Northeast AMGfest 06 yes I said it 06

Old 10-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Northeast AMGfest 06 yes I said it 06

Unfortunately the rain killed off this years event, no racing, no detailing and half the people that should of showed up did.

For all of you who attended thanks again. The executives at MBUSA have recieved numerous letters and emails thanking them for everything if you havent sent one, please do, I can get you an address if you need one.

Well Rob Allan mde a request that we set the date soon for next year in order to secure some of our events, possibly renting at track or something else for high speed driving.

So in order of earliest to latest here are the dates in 2006:
Memorial day weekend(May 27-29)
4th of July(1-3rd)
A weekend in August
Labor day weekend (Sept 2-4)
A weekend in September
Columbus day weekend(7-9)

You can choose more then one date but limit your choices to 2 dates, I would like a weekend in August or a random weekend in September

Last edited by 55fanatic; 10-26-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Thanx for starting the thread Pete.I would like to see if we can incorporate Limerock into this event.Since we have enough time to talk with them I think the only hold-up will be nailing down the date.Maybe "Chappy" and the boys from down south can make the trek up.Hey for that matter maybe some guys from the west coast.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
doesnt matter to me the date, im in there like swim wear
Old 10-26-2005, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
doesnt matter to me the date, im in there like swim wear
Hotbox it ?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by C43AMG
Hotbox it ?
Did you guys hotbox in the CLS?
Anyway, I dont care what date it is, I'll be there (as long as it doesnt rain). I'm sure this time we'll get even more of the MD/DC/VA crew out since we get new members almost weekly. Thanks for setting up the last one too.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Did you guys hotbox in the CLS?
No, but back in Aug. we did get to take the MB Presidents car (CLS55) out on the GSP up to 140mph.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL540
Lime rock...

If the get-together can be synchronized with the AMG Challenge in the North East (presumably at Lime Rock again) - it would be great.

Specifically, after the last day of the Challenge so we're all fired up and hopefully take our cars out for a couple of laps on the track...
Old 10-26-2005, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
I chose a random weekend in September if there is going to be a track day. It will be cool enough for those of us with force fed engines to not feel a big drop in performance and cool enough where we arent baking in the cars on the track, yet still warm enough to be comfortable and have good traction. I also chose a week in August because there is a huge possibility I will be living in Charlotte, NC for school. (The other summer weekends are sailing/boating weekends!)
Old 10-27-2005, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Thanx for starting the thread Pete.I would like to see if we can incorporate Limerock into this event.Since we have enough time to talk with them I think the only hold-up will be nailing down the date.Maybe "Chappy" and the boys from down south can make the trek up.Hey for that matter maybe some guys from the west coast.
If you guys pick a date early enough, I'll do my best to drum up some folks from the Southeast to make it up for a multi-day event if you host it in your area. If I'm in town, I'll plan a holiday around the event regardless

FWIW, I think you're going to find that many of the holiday dates suggested above will be extremely difficult to secure track time.
Why not throw out the suggestion of having it "down here", perhaps, centered around the M-Class plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. A multi-day event could include:

Tours of the M and R-Class assembly lines in Tuscaloosa

Track day(s) at Barber Motorsports Park

Drag Racing at a track in Birmingham

Technical presentations:
(A) Like having an AMG engine builder flown in from Affalterbach...we could all see an engine being hand assembled (like they did at the Chicago Motor Show)
(B) Examination/Rides/Briefings on the ML63 and R63?
(C) Q & A sessions

Road Rally or fun tour of the area

Parties and fun events in the evenings

...........these are all just ideas swirling around at this point.

Another thing to consider: Try to plan any huge event like this around any major MBCA events for 2006. The club is celebrating the 50th Anniversary next year and if you want good enthusiast participation, do your best to plan around some of the large events (Regional and National) they have scheduled.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chappy
If you guys pick a date early enough, I'll do my best to drum up some folks from the Southeast to make it up for a multi-day event if you host it in your area. If I'm in town, I'll plan a holiday around the event regardless

FWIW, I think you're going to find that many of the holiday dates suggested above will be extremely difficult to secure track time.
Why not throw out the suggestion of having it "down here", perhaps, centered around the M-Class plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. A multi-day event could include:

Tours of the M and R-Class assembly lines in Tuscaloosa

Track day(s) at Barber Motorsports Park

Drag Racing at a track in Birmingham

Technical presentations:
(A) Like having an AMG engine builder flown in from Affalterbach...we could all see an engine being hand assembled (like they did at the Chicago Motor Show)
(B) Examination/Rides/Briefings on the ML63 and R63?
(C) Q & A sessions

Road Rally or fun tour of the area

Parties and fun events in the evenings

...........these are all just ideas swirling around at this point.

Another thing to consider: Try to plan any huge event like this around any major MBCA events for 2006. The club is celebrating the 50th Anniversary next year and if you want good enthusiast participation, do your best to plan around some of the large events (Regional and National) they have scheduled.
Chappy , thanx for the imput.If I may - not to slight Pete - there are a few issues I think for now with keeping it up here.The first is , MBHQ wasn't very supportive of this event in the first place.They told Rob "Why don't you just have them wait till next year and lump them in with MB owners event we have here?"To which Rob replied"These are a different set of owners , I don't think you understand." Rob was basically on his own with minimal support.Based upon the showing here earlier this month and the e-mails and letters it appears to have gone over pretty good with upper management.I think -and this is just me - if we kept it at headquarters for one more year and really ,and I mean really,had a huge attendance , they would have no choice to support us no matter where we held it.As far as the 3 Technical presentations : #1 ) I already approached him about that for this last event.Rob said "Doubt it will ever happen again" - it was like pulling teeth to get the builder and engine out of Germany - AMG fought it all the way. #2 ) I agree - any new vehicles should be on display.#3) That's a gimme - when the DVD comes out we will get one down to you.I beleive they did tape the Q&A with Noah - the tranny expert.All in all, I believe we have to crawl before we can walk and this years event was our baby steps.If we can get some press lined up for this upcoming event maybe that will lead to bigger steps.Pete and myself both told Rob we would like to see this thing as big or bigger than BMW "M-Day".
Old 10-27-2005, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Chappy , thanx for the imput.If I may - not to slight Pete - there are a few issues I think for now with keeping it up here.The first is , MBHQ wasn't very supportive of this event in the first place.They told Rob "Why don't you just have them wait till next year and lump them in with MB owners event we have here?"To which Rob replied"These are a different set of owners , I don't think you understand." Rob was basically on his own with minimal support.Based upon the showing here earlier this month and the e-mails and letters it appears to have gone over pretty good with upper management.I think -and this is just me - if we kept it at headquarters for one more year and really ,and I mean really,had a huge attendance , they would have no choice to support us no matter where we held it.As far as the 3 Technical presentations : #1 ) I already approached him about that for this last event.Rob said "Doubt it will ever happen again" - it was like pulling teeth to get the builder and engine out of Germany - AMG fought it all the way. #2 ) I agree - any new vehicles should be on display.#3) That's a gimme - when the DVD comes out we will get one down to you.I beleive they did tape the Q&A with Noah - the tranny expert.All in all, I believe we have to crawl before we can walk and this years event was our baby steps.If we can get some press lined up for this upcoming event maybe that will lead to bigger steps.Pete and myself both told Rob we would like to see this thing as big or bigger than BMW "M-Day".
Understood....good organization and promotion will be the key. I am interested in participating if the schedule will allow.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

come on everyone, a hundred people have checked this thread out and only 10 voted... I dont care if you dont want to leave a comment but please vote on a date
Old 11-01-2005, 11:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55 AMG, E320 BlueTec, ML350, (formerly) C32 AMG, MR2 Turbo, HD-FLH-FSE, BMW R100RS, Ducati M900
MB Meet

I liked Chappy's idea about having it in Alabama. The Barber track is perfect. However, if the location does not fit a few other good possibilities include. Nelson Ledges near Akron, OH, a great old classic road course and was recently paved. VIR, another great old course. Both have camping available. Summit Point in West Virginia might also suffice, and is closer to the Northeast locale. I have never been on that one so cannot comment on the track's layout or safety.

I liked the idea of 2 or 3 days and including a road rally, or autocross or both. Did somebody suggest BBQ? If not they should have

I voted September or August but would have liked early October as well. i.e. Oktoberfest-AMGfest-Speedfest "OAS" or August-Mercedes-Gofastfest "AMG"

Irish
Old 11-01-2005, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JG26_Irish
I liked Chappy's idea about having it in Alabama. The Barber track is perfect. However, if the location does not fit a few other good possibilities include. Nelson Ledges near Akron, OH, a great old classic road course and was recently paved. VIR, another great old course. Both have camping available. Summit Point in West Virginia might also suffice, and is closer to the Northeast locale. I have never been on that one so cannot comment on the track's layout or safety.

I liked the idea of 2 or 3 days and including a road rally, or autocross or both. Did somebody suggest BBQ? If not they should have

I voted September or August but would have liked early October as well. i.e. Oktoberfest-AMGfest-Speedfest "OAS" or August-Mercedes-Gofastfest "AMG"

Irish
While that is a pretty nice idea, it kinda defeats the whole "Northeast AMGfest" thing. Part of the reasoning for being up here is MBUSA HQ. And honestly, why would Nor' Easters plan a meet that most of us will not be able to attend?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JG26_Irish

Irish
You may want to read post # 10.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

cmon guys voting is still open for this!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Did anyone ever get the DVD? I'm starting to think it was a hoax
Old 12-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

no its no hoax... There have been some major changes to the department staffing at MBUSA, they have been doing a major overhaul there. I will prolly be getting them first in order to send out to possible sponsors for next year's event
Old 12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
<---Voted.

I live in Monmouth County NJ and missed the event that got rained out (camping with my son and the Scouts that weekend, we got rained on but not rained out :p )

I'm hoping to attend the '06 event to see some of the customizations people have made to their cars. My customizations are minor and cosmetic but they keep me happy.

Keep us informed of where and when
Old 12-23-2005, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I spoke with Simone at MBUSA HQ yesterday.She informed me that the DVD's are finished and that they will be sent out after the New Year!
Old 12-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

right now I think we are going to be shooting for august as soon as DVDs are delivered I will begin our push. This year Im hoping to have a much larger turn out with some kind of sponsorship of local performance places, as well as all of the major mercedes tuners

Happy Holidays everyone

Dave thanks for the update on the videos, I have been getting a lot of grief via PMs over these, lol
Old 12-27-2005, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 55fanatic
right now I think we are going to be shooting for august as soon as DVDs are delivered I will begin our push. This year Im hoping to have a much larger turn out with some kind of sponsorship of local performance places, as well as all of the major mercedes tuners.
If you want, I can maybe talk to my salesman at my dealership. The owner is an champion power boat racer, and loves speed. They are a Renntech dealer (from what I'm told, its the NE distributer) and also sell quite a bit of AMG models. Maybe we can get them to do a little sponsorship for Renntech, and doing a little promotion to the AMG buyers. PM me about this if you have any ideas.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Yes, I would think that a random weekend in August (or even Sept) would be best. Holidays would not work out, imho.

I've been on the AL tour, and it was barely worth it then, even though it was only 30 minutes out of my way on my drive back from New Orleans. I can't imagine how you'd get an NE people to want to drive down, esp. in summer - ugh!

Looking forward to the meet.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:19 PM
ON PROBATION

Not to change gears too rapidly -- but has anyone looked into the new tracks/clubs going up in PA, NY, NH, NJ, VA? One of these might be ready and amenable to us -- especially if they figure they may garner a few new members.....
Old 12-30-2005, 02:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1998 BRABUS C 5.8
Nelson Ledges!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Northeast AMGfest 06 yes I said it 06