Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > Events & Gatherings
AMG Academy Question >

AMG Academy Question

Notices
Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

AMG Academy Question

Old 07-05-2017, 01:44 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Nissan Pathfinder
AMG Academy Question

Planning on getting an AMG and also excited to use the voucher for the AMG driving academy in Austin, TX. I would love to take both or at least 1 of my nephews who are 17-18 y/o. Obviously they will not be driving however I would like them to at least sit it on the courses with the instructors and watch me drive and take videos. Is this something I can set up or my AMG dealer can make happen?
Old 08-08-2017, 02:12 PM

Liked 46 Times in 29 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
Originally Posted by hkakli View Post
Planning on getting an AMG and also excited to use the voucher for the AMG driving academy in Austin, TX. I would love to take both or at least 1 of my nephews who are 17-18 y/o. Obviously they will not be driving however I would like them to at least sit it on the courses with the instructors and watch me drive and take videos. Is this something I can set up or my AMG dealer can make happen?
From the AMG Academy FAQ:
https://www.amgacademy.com/program/faqs/program-faqs

"We strongly encourage you to not bring a non-driving guest. The reason is there is very little to occupy them while you are on the track. However, it is possible to register one non-driving guest per paid registration. They must be 21 years of age or older (proof of age is required at time of registration) and sign a waiver upon arrival.

Please note that the guest will not be able to ride in a vehicle with you. The cost for a guest at BASIC/DRIFT is $250, ADVANCED/PRO is $500 and PRO+ is $750. The cost for the ADVANCED and PROguest includes attendance at the evening function."

If you can afford it, and don't have issues with "crossing to the other side" then I would highly recommend your 18 year old attends the BMW Performance Driving School. Their age requirement is 18, not 21. The cost of the one day Car Control Class is $849.

I just got back from the BMW Car Control Class at the Performance Center in Thermal (near Palm Springs) and it was a blast! You drive 340i and M240i's which are plenty fast.

The instructors said that it's better to wait until your 18 and do the proper adult classes. The teen classes remove the competitive parts of the event, focusing on safety.

BMW don't have an Austin, TX location.
https://bmwperformancecenter.com/locations/bmw