Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Purchase advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML350
Purchase advice

Hello all,

Im a newcomer to the forums and would like some purchase advice. I recently purchased a 2010 ML350 from Carmax with 45k on it. I purchased their warranty which covers it up to 125k or 5 years after seeing good things about it here on the forums, and calling my local MB dealer.

I have the opportunity to get a 2012 model with only 24k on it within my 5 day return period. However the price is roughly 10k more.

My main question is, do you think the 2010 is reliable and solid enough at the current mileage to still feel and drive nicely, and be mechanically reliable in say 5 years? Or is the extra 10k worth it to get the newer, lower mileage version?

We love the interior/exterior look of the 2010, and is fine for us. I am just worried about the car losing its distinct feel of quality and ride sooner over the years due to higher mileage. I have not owned a mercedes before though, and do not know when degradation of quality can be felt.

Thanks

Last edited by alanwarner; 01-13-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
2012 is the newer body style and IMO has the better resale value, would be worth the $9k-$10k more.

AND! would more than likely qualify for a Mercedes Benz Warranty, not a Carmax warranty...