Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Warranty Question? Love this forum, please help!

Old 02-07-2015, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gl450
Warranty Question? Love this forum, please help!

I'm buying a used G550 in the next week. Anybody with understanding of the warranties please help me answer these questions.

1. If I buy a non CPO car that is still under factory warranty, can I buy an extended warranty through Mercedes even though I am not the original owner?

2. If I buy a CPO car, do I have to buy extended years at the time of purchase, or can I buy them before the CPO warranty that comes with the car is over.

3. Does the CPO unlimited miles 1 year warranty start when you hit 50K miles even if you still have 2 years left on original warranty. I noticed some dealers saying the CPO is good till a certain date with unlimited miles. It seems to me they can't know when it will end because they don't know how much you will drive and when the CPO will start?

Appreciate any help!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
1. If it is non-CPO, and still under warranty, AND YOU BUY IT AT A MB DEALER, you are in-eligible for a MB warranty.
2. If you buy it CPO, you can purchase the extension, with no penalty, up until the day before the CPO base warranty runs out. Subject to pricing changes, obviously.
3. If you hit 50k miles, before the manufac runs out, you would be in the CPO warranty period. From what I understand, you're still covered under miles and have the full one year. But I will check on that to be 100% sure.

-Jason
Old 02-11-2015, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gl450
Thanks

Jason,

Thanks for the info. When I find the right car I'll be calling you for warranty!