Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Fidelity (CarChex) vs Delta vs GWC (Guardian)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL450; 2006 CLS55 AMG
Fidelity (CarChex) vs Delta vs GWC (Guardian)

Hello!

I am about to pull the trigger on a sweet 2006 CLS55 AMG, with only about 23,000 Miles and I begged the dealer to get me at least a 1 year/10K warranty with the car and that is the only way I would buy the car so he caved in for free too

Now looking into extended warranty options the dealer recommend Guardian, as that is usually the one they give to customers, but I read some horrible things about Guardian on the internet

I called Delta and they quoted me 5 Years or roughly 90,000 whatever comes first for $3910 with $50 Deductible

Also called Fidelity (I guess now it is CarChex) and they quoted me 5 years or roughly 73,000 which ever comes first for $3200 with $100 Deductible

I do not really care about the price here, but more about the reliability down the road for these three companies, I have heard good things about Fidelity and somewhat about Delta

I could really use your guys input!

Thanks
Old 01-02-2017, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
From the prices quoted, it appears to be a basic powertrain warranty which is useless.

Read the fine print. The best coverage is fully exlcusionary (just the items not covered vs. the items are covered).

Also understand Mechanical Breakdown vs Wear and Tear language. If it has only Mechanical Breakdown coverage and it blows smoke, it's not covered. This is where the Wear and Tear coverage comes into affect.

Most dissatisfaction from Owners, comes from items not covered. Buy the best and have piece of mind.