Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

EverDrive "Lifetime" Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E350 4MATIC Sedan
EverDrive "Lifetime" Warranty

Hi, everyone! Long time lurker. First time poster. Thank you retroactively for all the valuable info already received on how to get a good deal on ELW!

I had just picked up a CPO 2016 E350. So along with the CPO warranty and the ELW that I will buy in the next week or so, the dealer also gives me a EverDrive lifetime powertrain warranty for free. Anybody heard of / made use of this before?

It's $200 deductible per visit. I have to take it back to the dealer for service, unless I'm more than 50 miles away (then I can choose any "licensed repair facility")

As expected, the list of exclusions is 3x the length of the covered items. But in summary, it does cover engine, turbo/supercharger, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and towing assistance.

Color me apprehensive, but "lifetime" warranty on a German car? Just now, I saw the fine print at the bottom - "The total of all benefits paid per repair visit shall not exceed the NADA wholesale value of your vehicle". I guess that's how they can get out of paying 99% of their claims.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:35 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
fleet
lifetime warranties are a bit hit or miss. often they dont cover daignosis but cover parts, blah blah blah. in theory they are good to have, peace of mind is worth alot in my mind

they give you the run around but at least sometimes will be covered sometimes not.

I have a similar warranty and so far the 2 issues I have had come up were not covered. (instrument cluster went out, and motor mounts vibrated but were not torn)