Notices
Extended Warranty Discussions Discuss options and plans for extended warranty coverage.

Extended Warranty for AMG GLC 43 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Question Extended Warranty for AMG GLC 43 Coupe?

I've got about a month left before I take delivery of my first MB. I tried to navigate these threads to find some answers, but lots of it seems out of date and frankly, I am not too good at getting my way around this forum. That said, what can I expect to pay for an extended warranty? Is it worth it? I stretched my budget on this car already, so I think a warranty would be a good idea. How much could it realistically be negotiated? And are there any good ways to shop around other dealers to find the best price for this warranty? Thanks!
Old 10-19-2022, 10:21 AM

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
C 43
One data point.

I bought my c43 (basically the same car) in 2019. I love this car, to this day.

At that time, I bought the 100k/5year extended warranty. Bid was $4000, deal price was $2500.

I have replaced a driveshaft, engine and transmission mounts, and two front wheel bearings under the warranty. I don't beat on the car, but I do enjoy the wide band of ability. At 92k miles, these things appear to have worn out.

The driveshaft was a "known issue" for some of the c43 cars, but manifested after the usual warranty ran out.

Extended Warranty from Benz, not some third party, is a good deal, retail for the driveshaft and mounts was over $5k, and the wheel bearings probably $1k each.

Last edited by speedlaw; 10-19-2022 at 10:26 AM. Reason: ADHD
The following users liked this post:
nbtech (08-12-2023)