MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Food and Dining (https://mbworld.org/forums/food-dining-134/)
-   -   Restaurant.com - 80% discount (https://mbworld.org/forums/food-dining/309544-restaurant-com-80-discount.html)

Air Marshall Eldritch 07-27-2009 12:47 PM

Restaurant.com - 80% discount

Type in the word 'napkin' at checkout to see your discount.

jturkel 07-27-2009 01:47 PM

how long is this discount good for?

sweet jones 07-27-2009 03:18 PM

i was going to ask the same question

i just purchased $300 worth of gift certificates ($100 per restaurant/3) for $24

great great find

thank you

Air Marshall Eldritch 07-28-2009 11:07 AM

The discount period usually lasts for about a week, but if you register your email on the site, they'll send you a bulletin frequently.

They mix up the discount from 60-90% depending on the week. I just wait until it hits 80% before I buy more coupons, which from experience I know will be on offer pretty frequently.

Just make sure to mention to your server that you have the coupon before you order. They appreciate the heads up, in my experience.

BENZITCH 07-28-2009 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton (Post 3643067)
The discount period usually lasts for about a week, but if you register your email on the site, they'll send you a bulletin frequently.

They mix up the discount from 60-90% depending on the week. I just wait until it hits 80% before I buy more coupons, which from experience I know will be on offer pretty frequently.

Just make sure to mention to your server that you have the coupon before you order. They appreciate the heads up, in my experience.

Did this yesterday $125 for $8.80.

Anything like this for Mercedes Parts Mr. Brenton?

Air Marshall Eldritch 07-28-2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by BENZITCH (Post 3643158)
Did this yesterday $125 for $8.80.

Anything like this for Mercedes Parts Mr. Brenton?

Drive your butt down to Cherry Hill like I do.

By the way, we used a coupon for Bill's Tavern last week. My wife had the 2 pound Prime Rib. I've never seen a steak that big. She got 3 dinners out of it.

BENZITCH 07-28-2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton (Post 3643674)
Drive your butt down to Cherry Hill like I do.

By the way, we used a coupon for Bill's Tavern last week. My wife had the 2 pound Prime Rib. I've never seen a steak that big. She got 3 dinners out of it.

Recent new owners is what I heard.
Did you see how fancy JoJo's across the street is trying to get with there 7 foot of space to the road?

Give me a call next time.

Now be honest was that your wife at the picnic? I won't tell anyone! LOL

Thanks for the 2 tips.

Bruce

gregory13lil 07-29-2009 02:05 PM

Just purchased 200 bucks worth of coupons for 16 bucks!! I didnt read the special instructions which stated that you must spend double the amount of the gift certificate in order to be used in that restaurant so I must now invite some people over to eat a hell of alot of seafood for 200 bucks LOL so that I can use that 100 gift certificate. Thanks for the link:y

Greg

BENZITCH 07-29-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by gregory13lil (Post 3645216)
Just purchased 200 bucks worth of coupons for 16 bucks!! I didnt read the special instructions which stated that you must spend double the amount of the gift certificate in order to be used in that restaurant so I must now invite some people over to eat a hell of alot of seafood for 200 bucks LOL so that I can use that 100 gift certificate. Thanks for the link:y

Greg

Does that invite include a plane ticket?
Brenton are u driving us to the airport?

BENZITCH 07-29-2009 03:01 PM

I was in Highstown last night and tried the place on Mercer St.

Bistro Soleil

PAR WAY EXCELLENT!

The wait staff was exceptional, ok my waitress was outstanding.

Her name is Alex. She knew all about the menu, the chef, and food in general.
Alex was not just fun, but bright and took the time to explain the menu.
Alex and I both wished we knew that the coupon was not good on the prix fix menu as she did not know we had the GIFT CERTIFICATE until we asked for the check BUMMER on The Restaurants part. She was, is as much a credit and integral to this restaurant as the chef, whom I didn't catch his name nor meet(next time) but everything was excellent. No need for salt nor pepper which to me means someone knows what they are doing in the kitchen.

We chose the 3 course prix fix menu at $30 each. Appetizer, main course and dessert.

I was blown away!

I had a crab cakes which were very nicely plated, followed by frita steak with garlic butter and a chocolate to die for souffle.

EXCELLENT

My GF had the crab cakes also but trout(I told her I have a 1 eyed trouser trout) but she selected that trout covered in nuts(almonds) as I told her so is mine. She ordered a blackberry soufflle also.

Its a BYOB and it was great.

I do think though the Gift Certificate should have been honored since they offer the prix fix menu during the weekdays. I will speak to the owner next time, but the meal was so good, I didn't want to spoil my pleasures.

Only 1 disappointment. Thats a 5 star on my watch anytime.

gregory13lil 07-29-2009 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by BENZITCH (Post 3645278)
Does that invite include a plane ticket?
Brenton are u driving us to the airport?

Ummm YEAH:) See ya in Austin on Saturday!! LOL

Greg

BENZITCH 07-29-2009 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by gregory13lil (Post 3645464)
Ummm YEAH:) See ya in Austin on Saturday!! LOL

Greg

OK PAL GREG!

Brenton get the car!

Brenton almost sounds like a chauffeur.

gregory13lil 07-29-2009 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by BENZITCH (Post 3645468)
OK PAL GREG!

Brenton get the car!

Brenton almost sounds like a chauffeur.

Damn, it actually does!! Brenton please ensure a prompt pickup..I am not too keen on being late!!

JK....Brenton, I dont wanna get my butt whooped!! But honestly it would be cool to have a small get together and spend that 200 with some fellow MB'ers if they want!!

Greg

Air Marshall Eldritch 07-30-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by BENZITCH (Post 3645325)
I was in Highstown last night and tried the place on Mercer St.

Bistro Soleil

PAR WAY EXCELLENT!

The wait staff was exceptional, ok my waitress was outstanding.

Her name is Alex. She knew all about the menu, the chef, and food in general.
Alex was not just fun, but bright and took the time to explain the menu.
Alex and I both wished we knew that the coupon was not good on the prix fix menu as she did not know we had the GIFT CERTIFICATE until we asked for the check BUMMER on The Restaurants part. She was, is as much a credit and integral to this restaurant as the chef, whom I didn't catch his name nor meet(next time) but everything was excellent. No need for salt nor pepper which to me means someone knows what they are doing in the kitchen.

We chose the 3 course prix fix menu at $30 each. Appetizer, main course and dessert.

I was blown away!

I had a crab cakes which were very nicely plated, followed by frita steak with garlic butter and a chocolate to die for souffle.

EXCELLENT

My GF had the crab cakes also but trout(I told her I have a 1 eyed trouser trout) but she selected that trout covered in nuts(almonds) as I told her so is mine. She ordered a blackberry soufflle also.

Its a BYOB and it was great.

I do think though the Gift Certificate should have been honored since they offer the prix fix menu during the weekdays. I will speak to the owner next time, but the meal was so good, I didn't want to spoil my pleasures.

Only 1 disappointment. Thats a 5 star on my watch anytime.

I have a coupon for that place. We've been meaning to go there for a while now. So the coupon is good on the ala carte menu? Any day?

I'm also unsure if you can use multiple coupons for the same meal - for example, I have one place that offers $10 off if you spend $20 pre-tax. If I'm eating with a group, can we bring along 2 or 3 coupons against the total check of $40 or $60 pre-tax?

Air Marshall Eldritch 07-30-2009 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by gregory13lil (Post 3646026)
Damn, it actually does!! Brenton please ensure a prompt pickup..I am not too keen on being late!!

JK....Brenton, I dont wanna get my butt whooped!! But honestly it would be cool to have a small get together and spend that 200 with some fellow MB'ers if they want!!

Greg

$200 is unusual! All the places near me are 10, 25, and a very rare 50.

gregory13lil 07-31-2009 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton (Post 3647360)
I have a coupon for that place. We've been meaning to go there for a while now. So the coupon is good on the ala carte menu? Any day?

I'm also unsure if you can use multiple coupons for the same meal - for example, I have one place that offers $10 off if you spend $20 pre-tax. If I'm eating with a group, can we bring along 2 or 3 coupons against the total check of $40 or $60 pre-tax?

It clearly states that only one coupon can be used for one meal and in a one month period and that only one coupon can be used per meal or group even if the group is moved to two tables or given seperate tickets.

I was pretty bummed about that part as well!!

I added a pic of the other restrictions:

Greg

gregory13lil 07-31-2009 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton (Post 3647364)
$200 is unusual! All the places near me are 10, 25, and a very rare 50.

The coupon is for 100 dollars for a seafood place at Shoreline Grill in Austin, Tx. I bought it thinking I can take my family out for a nice meal close to 100 and have it paid for with this coupon. BUT.....little did I know that the rules state that you must spend twice the amount of the coupon in order for that coupon to be valid or used and that 18% gratuity will be added onto the total bill (normal really on that part). So that means that I must now spend over 200 dollars to use that 100 dollar coupon. If I had known this ahead of time I would hae just bought the 50 dollar coupon and racked up a 100 dollar bill and came out only paying 50 out of pocket.

Still a damn good deal just needed a little reading ahead of time to get the RIGHT deal I guess I should say.

I just copied this from the coupon:

Redeemable only at: Shoreline Grill

Address: 98 San Jacinto Blvd
Austin, TX 78701

Telephone: (512) 477-3300

Special Instructions: Valid with a minimum purchase of $200. 18% gratuity added to pre-discounted check amount.

Greg

BENZITCH 07-31-2009 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by gregory13lil (Post 3646026)

Greg

Brenton

Remove my used condom please! AND I don't want to catch you chewing on it again this time! ITS NOT CHEWING GUM for GODS SAKE!

BENZITCH 07-31-2009 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Brenton (Post 3647360)

Tables are not real close together, although we ate outside(mosquitos a tad for Linda)land I'd talk to the owner first next time.

If you want give me a call emmm since you changed your number and ran away I have no way to reach you,

EXCEPT through your lovely bride

THE PICNIC WOMAN!

FESS UP

Chucky has.

Rick this girl at the restaurant new her meat! She said to me that to her chicken is just another vegetable!

I asked her if she knew the hardest thing about eating vegetables was, and she said no, so I said getting her back into her wheelchair!

Sorry not to offend but to ...