G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

Please help me to start a lemon process on 13' G63

Old 01-26-2014, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
Please help me to start a lemon process on 13' G63

Car had a battery replaced for the second time (all together at a dealer for 2 weeks) and boom after 5 days the battery died again. Notice a water leak on driver side front pillar(looks like it's coming from the sunroof area). Car has 1200 miles and it's 4 months old, since new I had the alarm issue twice( alarm keep going off by it self car in a dealer for two weeks) than TC light keeps coming on and the dealer can't address the issue, rear taillight out keeps popping up on dash but the light is working(dealer can't find issue), sometimes when I started the car it did not shift from drive but when shut off and started again problem disappears. This car has some serious electrical problems and I will start the lemon process cause I had enough already. Now the leak just made me not want this car even more.
Anyone that could help me on how to get the lemon process going please help!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 G63 | 2011 LP570
I used Kahn & Associates on my 2004 Audi S4 and they did great!
Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank You. Spoke to two already so it makes sense to call one more. Both said I have a case since the car spent over 30 days at a dealer for repairs already. My truck is still at a dealer since last week Monday. Tomorrow will call mbusa see what they are putting on a table. Wish I can keep this truck since I put in all the Brabus upgrades!!!! But now I just had it with this one.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update. Truck is still at a dealer(week and a half+), they saying that they can replicate the leak but to leave car one more day so they can make sure(I got this answer from them twice already). Now I think if they would not be able to replicate the first time the wouldn't keep the car,I think they found it but while removing roof and pillar they broke couple of pieces and they waiting on a parts. If that's the case and my car was taken apart now everything will slowly start to make squeaks weird noises. I don't want my 140k truck to rattle and sound bad. We'll lets see what happens when I finally get it back.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Got the car back on Thursday 2/6 got stuck on the side of the street while driving it home. Car did not engage in to any gears and and when it did it kept shutting down. Called roadside to tow it back to the dealer they haven't showed up so at 9pm I had a private company tow it back to my garage. 2/7 the car got towed back to the dealership. This is b...s... I can't imagine what would I do if I was taking my pregnant wife to hospital and this car stopped like it did. Really don't want this car anymore, I had it, it's been unsafe unreliable. Every time I used it it was for a trip to the dealer.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 G63
my g63 when in econo mode sometimes will not start back up. A pain in traffic.

Now it is in getting a whole new steering system.... only 4000kms...

Only issues thus far...
Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 AM

G550
Funny I had SO many issues over a 2 months period it wasnt even funny.. All Electrical.
and a leaky sunroof.
Aftter 2 months of fighting Mercedes Benz Canada finally ordered me a New G wagon with July Delivery. Sold it to me at the same price that a piad my Demo unit. (26K off) and they lent me a 14 GLK until the G wagon arrives.. overall it ended well for me. But i really wasn't pleasesdwith how the truck was breaking down every other week and how they still could never find the problem.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:48 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
Hubert any update?
Old 04-30-2014, 11:07 AM

2013 G63
hey folks, I am still waiting on a steering box from Germany.

Been driving a demo ML for 3 weeks....

My dealer also did not change the diff fluid at 1850 miles/2500kms as required.

Been disapointing thus far on an awesome vehicle.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:04 AM

2013 G63 AMG
Sounds awful

What city/dealer did you buy the G63 from?
Old 05-01-2014, 10:20 AM

2013 G63
Originally Posted by sethi
What city/dealer did you buy the G63 from?
i am in canada..
Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts
s550
wow...thats a crazy experience for such an expensive car. The more I read about the horrors on the new G-wagons that some owners are facing, the more i question whether or not the older models are in fact better off and more reliable.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:08 AM

2013 G63
Battery became weak over the winter.... turns out there was short in the tail light....
Anybody else experience battery drain?
Old 05-04-2015, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I heard about the issue you having form the service depart amen over at benzel bush. Bring it to the dealer let them fix it.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by hubert
Got the car back on Thursday 2/6 got stuck on the side of the street while driving it home. Car did not engage in to any gears and and when it did it kept shutting down. Called roadside to tow it back to the dealer they haven't showed up so at 9pm I had a private company tow it back to my garage. 2/7 the car got towed back to the dealership. This is b...s... I can't imagine what would I do if I was taking my pregnant wife to hospital and this car stopped like it did. Really don't want this car anymore, I had it, it's been unsafe unreliable. Every time I used it it was for a trip to the dealer.

Hello - the same thing with the gears is happening on my 2015 G63. Was there any resolution to the problem? Incredibly scary when the gears do not engage when driving...

This has happened to me twice when driving in very busy parts of Los Angeles. After the first time, restarting the car 3 times did not solve the issue. The dealer replaced the transmission drive selector in the center console after the transmission threw fault codes (was in the shop for 10 days), but the second time 2 days ago someone almost crashed into me when my car would not accelerate because it could not engage the gears. It is a CPO, but with original warranty still - has this happened to anyone else? Dealer has claimed they are opening a case with MBUSA, whatever that means...

Last edited by newyorktoLA; 05-22-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:59 AM

g63 2015
Transmission problem .

Hi I have the same problem with my g63 . Is any luck fixing the problem ? Please let me know . Thanks

Quote :
Hello - the same thing with the gears is happening on my 2015 G63. Was there any resolution to the problem? Incredibly scary when the gears do not engage when driving...

This has happened to me twice when driving in very busy parts of Los Angeles. After the first time, restarting the car 3 times did not solve the issue. The dealer replaced the transmission drive selector in the center console after the transmission threw fault codes (was in the shop for 10 days), but the second time 2 days ago someone almost crashed into me when my car would not accelerate because it could not engage the gears. It is a CPO, but with original warranty still - has this happened to anyone else? Dealer has claimed they are opening a case with MBUSA, whatever that means...
Old 05-08-2018, 10:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
So I just learned that the truck I was thinking about buying (MY17 w/ 3k miles) was a lemon buyback due to "transmission function/gets stuck between gears," per the Carfax!! Sounds a lot like this issue, so it appears MB will buy it back. However, do they just send them to auction or do they fix them and then send them to auction?? If they actually fix it, I'd be interested in buying the truck at a significant discount, but if they wash their hands of it and send it to auction, no way would I deal with it. I'm planning to keep it at my new place in CO and there isn't a MB dealer within 3 hours, so I can't take that chance.

Last edited by twist-a-grip; 05-08-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 119 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by Aghayev Emil

Hi I have the same problem with my g63 . Is any luck fixing the problem ? Please let me know . Thanks

Quote :

Yes, the dealer replaced the whole transmission over the course of a couple weeks and ever since then, no issues whatsoever. The car shifts better and has rev matching downshifts like it should.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:00 AM

g63 2015
g63 gears shifting problem.

Originally Posted by amaycg
Yes, the dealer replaced the whole transmission over the course of a couple weeks and ever since then, no issues whatsoever. The car shifts better and has rev matching downshifts like it should.
Hi how long of the battle they agreed to change transmission? Please let me know. I am in this situation right now . They replaced couple parts in the transmission still same problem . Took the car back to the dealer . They opened case with Germany . G63 has 14000 miles .
Old 05-18-2020, 07:12 PM

2015 G63
Originally Posted by Aghayev Emil

Hi how long of the battle they agreed to change transmission? Please let me know. I am in this situation right now . They replaced couple parts in the transmission still same problem . Took the car back to the dealer . They opened case with Germany . G63 has 14000 miles .
How did it work out?

I have a 2015 G63. A few times since getting it, when starting from cold, the G would buck when accelerating. The more I gave it gas, the more violent the bucking became. After happening a few times, I learned to ease off the gas and then it would 'shift'/accelerate smoothly. I brought it into the Dealer, and because it would not create an error code, and they could not replicate it, they just noted it to my account ...

At 30k miles, I had an ignition coil fail (#6) and now at 40K another has failed (#5). I am wondering if my intermittent acceleration bucking (which I thought was transmission related [i.e. stuck between shifts?]) is somehow tied to my coil failures?

Last edited by TheDogsCar; 05-20-2020 at 05:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-18-2020, 07:43 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Volt
Originally Posted by TheDogsCar
How did it work out?

I have a 2015 G63. A few times since getting it, when starting from cold, the G would buck when accelerating. The more I gave it gas, the more violent the bucking became. After happening a few times, I learned to ease off the gas and then it would 'shift'/accelerate smoothly. I brought it into the Dealer, and because it would not create an error code, and they could not replicate it, they just noted it to my account ...

At 30k miles, I had an ignition coil fail (#6) and now at 40K another has failed (#5). I am wondering if my intermittent acceleration bucking (which I though was transmission related [i.e. stuck between shifts?]) is somehow tied to my coil failures?
The bad coil would cause a miss-fire and the engine would lose power. At that failure rate with such low miles, consider replacing the other 5
Old 05-19-2020, 07:09 AM

2015 G63
Originally Posted by hard top
The bad coil would cause a miss-fire and the engine would lose power. At that failure rate with such low miles, consider replacing the other 5
Thanks! I plan to replace ignition coil 5 (not like I have a choice; the engine light is On and the engine revs, but has very little power).

I was just wondering if they are connected, and if there is a known issue and a known fix? Was the ignition coil causing the bucking or the bucking causing the ignition coils to fail? I searched 'ignition coil' and do not see a thread on it (this was the only thread that sounded similar). Figured them failing, on G63's, is not common. My MB Dealer has very limited experience with G's or even AMG's. They just look at error codes and put in new parts. They fix the symptom. I want to fix the cause of the bucking.

P.S. I have owned two G55K's and never had an engine light come On or replaced an ignition coil (maybe been lucky?). I put low mileage on my G's. My 15' G63 has only 41K.

Last edited by TheDogsCar; 05-19-2020 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:32 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Volt
There is no way for me to determine if miss-fire behavior is being labeled as bucking. However, a miss-fire would not break a coil pack. It would be impossible.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:49 PM

2015 G63
Originally Posted by hard top
There is no way for me to determine if miss-fire behavior is being labeled as bucking. However, a miss-fire would not break a coil pack. It would be impossible.
They just called me to tell me that ignition coil had ruptured, and that it was shorting, which was blowing a fuse. They have no AMG ignition coils in stock, but should have one tomorrow. Told me the engine area is giving off a burnt smell, and I told them it always has.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:12 AM

2015 G63
Originally Posted by TheDogsCar
They just called me to tell me that ignition coil had ruptured, and that it was shorting, which was blowing a fuse. They have no AMG ignition coils in stock, but should have one tomorrow. Told me the engine area is giving off a burnt smell, and I told them it always has.
They finally got back to me (after I called and emailed them) ... they are telling me the the burnt smell and coil failure are tied to the 63 engine being too big for the compartment. Lack of air flow is causing the coils to overheat, and to expect the remaining coils to fail shortly. I told them I did a quick internet search and found no links to burnt smell and coil failures on G63's, and that the 63 engine has been in it for 6 years ... someone would have posted something by now?!?! They are asking me to authorize another $1,400 for the remaining coils, plus Labor (which he told me would be "high"). I asked would this fix my 'bucking' problem (which I doubt, because it started way before these coils got burnt)? He could not answer that ...

In November, I had a Low Oil light. I never have had to add oil to a car that was low mileage, passing inspection, not leaking oil and I was servicing whenever the light came On (because of my low mileage the Service light is triggered by time, not mileage). Could this be linked? They told me the G63 eats oil and it is normal. Really?!?!

Maybe I should start a new thread? Since this is getting off topic ... but I am not buying this is a common issue with G63's, and no one is chatting about it?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please help me to start a lemon process on 13' G63