G Class (W460, W461, W463) Produced 1980-2018: 290 GD, 290 GDT, 300 GD, 350 GD, 500 GE, G250, G300, G300 DT, G320, G500, G550, G55 AMG, G63 AMG

My 2017 G63 build (so far)

Old 09-20-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
cars and stuff
My 2017 G63 build (so far)

Picked up my G wagen after wanting one for a long time but never getting around to pulling the trigger on one. I'm a bit finicky with cars and sell and trade a lot so I've had the G63 for about 6 months to make sure I liked it and wanted to keep it before I started putting too much money into it. Started with 20mm H&R spacers front and back which really beefed up the look and makes those wheels fill the bigger fenders properly.

I've had the wrap done of course. It's a love it or hate it thing. I obviously love it, can't drive the truck without people taking pics at stoplights and asking about it and people are always taking pics with it in parking lots. Next was tune. I've used Renntech and always had outstanding performance and service, but I started using them due to living within 30 minutes of them. I don't live there any more so looked around at different options. I've used weistec and eurocharged in the past as well with MB vehicles. Didn't have any issues with them but also wasn't overly impressed with the gains so looked elsewhere. I ended up going with AMS/Alpha Performance this time and holy **** what a beast they've made with their M157 tune. Tons of power/torque any time you want it, pulls like a monster until you let off. In Comfort mode its still an easy daily driver (within the realm of a G being a DD), in S its a banshee and you can easily get traction loose with all 4 wheels which is pure joy and laughs every single time. Shifts are marginally harsher with hard driving but on par with what I've seen from all the other companies for the tune. I like it so much that I tried to get them to tune my S8 but they don't do that engine haha.

I've ordered a valved Quicksilver exhaust, seems like an excellent mix of sound without drone and ability to close the valves for quiet operation. Haven't gotten it yet.

Other minor stuff...swapped out the rear badges for black versions, powdercoated brush guard black, AMG door pins, gwagenparts seat rails, procilp phone mount, AMG center caps that I still need to put on, JL sub/amp to fill out missing bass in stock system. Pulled the spare off for now and have rubber grommets with Allen head cap screws filling the holes.

Stuff left to do...black side steps, wrap surround of front grille.
Attached Thumbnails My 2017 G63 build (so far)-img_1401.jpg   My 2017 G63 build (so far)-img_1404.jpg   My 2017 G63 build (so far)-img_1410.jpg  

Last edited by boosting1bar; 09-20-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
Looks great. What is the base color under the wrap? Black (hence the roof?)?

Any pics of the sub-install or other details about the audio upgrade?

Congrats and keep the pics coming.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:50 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
cars and stuff
Originally Posted by drew138
Looks great. What is the base color under the wrap? Black (hence the roof?)?

Any pics of the sub-install or other details about the audio upgrade?

Congrats and keep the pics coming.
Thanks, it's silver with the night package. I left the fenders, bumpers, roof etc black for a little contrast. We used the silver as an additional color. Nothing particularly special about the sub install, it's just sitting in the back with the amp hidden in the side panel out of view. Easy enough to just unhook the speaker wire if I need the space. Gain knob under the dash so dial it down depending on what I'm listening to.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTs
Hi boosting bar

what experience have you made with the Quicksilver echaust? I am thinking of installing a Quicksilver or a Supersprint racing line exhaust.
I really love a deep sonor sound that remonds you of a mississipi steam boat were you might hear each cylinder moving up and down when start to drive at slow speed

Am interested in your experience
Greetz from Europe
jones