MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   2019 G Class Quick Impressions (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/702967-2019-g-class-quick-impressions.html)

NYCBenz 03-29-2018 01:39 PM

2019 G Class Quick Impressions

Everyone,

I just visited the 2019 G63 at the NY Auto Show.

First impressions....AWESOME!

Still feels very solid, much like the old one. Happy that it retains that feel, as a lot of the Newer MB Models don't feel like older generations.

Interior Space is a massive improvement. Super comfortable, and much more shoulder space. Even the driving position is much better.

Looks amazing in person, better than the photos. The one at the auto show didn't have the New Brush-Bar, however I think the Bar will look much better in person, and will definitely grow on me.

This truck is going to have much more demand than the current G, as I suspect the ride quality is going to be much better. And given the improvement in the interior, it is going to sell like crazy. MB Manhattan already has 60 (SIXTY) deposits on the G550/G63!

I don't think the "enthusiast" in all of us is going to be disappointed for sure when the production models come out this fall.

pdeacon 03-29-2018 09:33 PM

Well that's good news. Can't wait to see....and drive....one. Interior room and driving position are important considerations for me. I think you are right about these new models flying out of dealer showrooms. Thanks for the update.

twist-a-grip 03-30-2018 09:02 AM

Great - just what us "enthusiasts" want to hear - that every soccer mom in the country will be driving a G within a year or two - can't wait!!

NYCBenz 03-30-2018 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by twist-a-grip (Post 7417636)
Great - just what us "enthusiasts" want to hear - that every soccer mom in the country will be driving a G within a year or two - can't wait!!

lol.

If you think about it, I would say 75% of current G's on the road are already soccer mom cars!

pdeacon 03-30-2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by NYCBenz (Post 7417781)
lol.

If you think about it, I would say 75% of current G's on the road are already soccer mom cars!

I would guess that you are not far off with the 75% estimate if judging by my own experience. I purchased my truck for myself as an additional vehicle to my E Cab and E sedan. Now the lady of the house won't drive anything but the G. Go figure. She is way past the "soccer mom" category though.

ajm0623 04-06-2018 09:09 PM

benzo started advertising them. sort of. i was watching the masters this afternoon and there was an advert for benzo and they were using an image of the new g-rig without referencing it directly.

Wassaby 04-08-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by NYCBenz (Post 7417027)
Everyone,

This truck is going to have much more demand than the current G, as I suspect the ride quality is going to be much better. And given the improvement in the interior, it is going to sell like crazy. MB Manhattan already has 60 (SIXTY) deposits on the G550/G63!

I don't think the "enthusiast" in all of us is going to be disappointed for sure when the production models come out this fall.

Wow...60 deposits is a lot. Is going to take 2 years to deliver all of them.

NYCBenz 04-08-2018 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7425142)
Wow...60 deposits is a lot. Is going to take 2 years to deliver all of them.

Well, MBM gets the highest allocation for G's in the NE, second highest in the USA (behind Fletcher Jones in SoCal), so honestly, I would say about a year.

Regardless, people leave deposits all the time for new models, and end up cancelling when their allocation actually comes (might have deposits at other dealers/finances change/moving/etc.).

The 60 includes both the 550/63 as well.

drew138 04-08-2018 09:18 PM

Any indication if it has remote start?

NYCBenz 04-09-2018 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7425414)
Any indication if it has remote start?

Well it has the New FOB with keyless start, so I assume it will have remote start via the MBRACE App like all new models.

drew138 04-09-2018 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by NYCBenz (Post 7425677)
Well it has the New FOB with keyless start, so I assume it will have remote start via the MBRACE App like all new models.

Thanks for the heads up. Haven't interacted with any of the new models so wasn't aware MBRACE offered remote start. Have my deposit down in SF. Was 3rd on the list as of 3 weeks ago. Any word on when the order books or delivers might be expected. Hopefully dealers start to get a showroom sample sooner than later. Were the NYC show cars US Spec or were they the same specs we've seen all around. Still curious if they are going to have side markers on US Spec versions. Any pics or video worth sharing?

Thanks again for the first hand review.

NYCBenz 04-10-2018 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7426121)
Thanks for the heads up. Haven't interacted with any of the new models so wasn't aware MBRACE offered remote start. Have my deposit down in SF. Was 3rd on the list as of 3 weeks ago. Any word on when the order books or delivers might be expected. Hopefully dealers start to get a showroom sample sooner than later. Were the NYC show cars US Spec or were they the same specs we've seen all around. Still curious if they are going to have side markers on US Spec versions. Any pics or video worth sharing?

Thanks again for the first hand review.

Order banks are opened for the G550, I think the 63 as well, not sure though as I don't have access to the system anymore. Deliveries probably won't happen until late September-early November, that is when the New Model G's typically start to get delivered every year. I don't expect the dealers to get any showroom samples honestly, maybe the AMG Performance Centers will get a "show car" a couple weeks-month ahead of initial release. I know they did that with the GLA, but this is obviously a different car, lol.

Eurospec was at the Auto Show. I have a few pics on my instagram, @nycbenz .

Ariesfamous 04-10-2018 10:04 AM

Status symbol mobile.

Festertester 04-17-2018 11:20 PM

I’m thinking of putting a deposit down for G63 . I’m assuming these are not on allocation (certain qty) to dealerships, correct?

Also any ideas when configurator will be up? I can’t find it anywhere on the web right now...cheers!

NYCBenz 04-17-2018 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7432982)
I’m thinking of putting a deposit down for G63 . I’m assuming these are not on allocation (certain qty) to dealerships, correct?

Also any ideas when configurator will be up? I can’t find it anywhere on the web right now...cheers!

Dealers currently have the ability to place orders, and to configure. You probably won't find a configurator on the MBUSA site until the New G is officially for sale, or shortly before.

Dealers already have the Ordering Guide, so go to your local MB dealer to find out more.

benzman333 04-18-2018 06:44 AM

G63 here we go

Originally Posted by NYCBenz (Post 7432985)
Dealers currently have the ability to place orders, and to configure. You probably won't find a configurator on the MBUSA site until the New G is officially for sale, or shortly before.

Dealers already have the Ordering Guide, so go to your local MB dealer to find out more.

ordered my 2019 G63 yesterday on Long Island
should see it in the Fall
dealer says I’m lucky enough to be in for it as they’re won’t be enough to go around for 2019
Black on Black with 22 black wheels and carbon fiber
classic G !!!!!!

pdeacon 04-18-2018 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7432982)

Dealers have the configurator with pictures, etc. They do not have pricing as yet.

Festertester 04-19-2018 01:05 AM

Thanks all! Any ideas re which colors would it be offered in?

drew138 04-19-2018 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by benzman333 (Post 7433091)

ordered my 2019 G63 yesterday on Long Island
should see it in the Fall
dealer says I’m lucky enough to be in for it as they’re won’t be enough to go around for 2019
Black on Black with 22 black wheels and carbon fiber
classic G !!!!!!

Did you get pricing?

NYCBenz 04-19-2018 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7434305)
Did you get pricing?

Pricing WON'T be out until closer to the release date of the actual truck.

Generally, the G's come out in early/late fall, so probably September-November.

I have seen some production dates as early as July, so maybe August.

It's a crapshoot at this point.

DarrVao777 04-19-2018 05:02 PM

So you can order the trucks without a price?

juanjose89 04-19-2018 08:22 PM

when you buy a G-wagon the price not is the problem the only problem you have is what color do you want

Gotic4u 04-19-2018 08:29 PM

I would love to order the G63 but I actually hate paying full price. I paid full price on my 18 E63S ED1 and I won't do that again.

Wassaby 04-19-2018 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gotic4u (Post 7434588)
I would love to order the G63 but I actually hate paying full price. I paid full price on my 18 E63S ED1 and I won't do that again.

If you get discount on the 2019 G is like winning the lottery. The G is the less discounted model ever.

drew138 04-20-2018 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7434642)
If you get discount on the 2019 G is like winning the lottery. The G is the less discounted model ever.

Probably has one of the lowest depreciation rates and an even better floor price than most any other vehicle you can buy.