MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   2019 G63 arrival? (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/726016-2019-g63-arrival.html)

Dropout 11-03-2018 12:28 PM

2019 G63 arrival?

Has any heard when the 2019 G63's will arrive in the US?

drew138 11-03-2018 07:44 PM

There is supposedly some issue with all AMGs being held at the port. My dealer said their ED1 was on the boat and should be here in two weeks but there was some doubt when it would get released from the port.

amg_ghost 11-03-2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7594179)
There is supposedly some issue with all AMGs being held at the port. My dealer said their ED1 was on the boat and should be here in two weeks but there was some doubt when it would get released from the port.

my ED1 was at port since August

JetRanger 11-04-2018 01:19 AM

I just watched a video today of the ED1. Man, that thing is sweet!

texex91 11-04-2018 06:16 AM

My dealer said this month.

itzitzitz 11-08-2018 11:28 AM

My G63 is at the port in Halifax (Canadian order). It arrived a couple of days ago. The ship that it came on is non en route to New York and undoubtedly there will be some g63s on there. There was mention of some delays to be expected by my dealer regarding its release by Mercedes-Benz. Not sure of the exact details.

amg_ghost 11-08-2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7598092)
My G63 is at the port in Halifax (Canadian order). It arrived a couple of days ago. The ship that it came on is non en route to New York and undoubtedly there will be some g63s on there. There was mention of some delays to be expected by my dealer regarding its release by Mercedes-Benz. Not sure of the exact details.

no ones talking about why they are just sitting. They shipped one to a local lot and it’s still being held. For that matter at least I can say I haven’t heard of any G 550’s being released either maybe because I’m the province in which I live in there are more orders for 63’s

itzitzitz 11-10-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7598373)

no ones talking about why they are just sitting. They shipped one to a local lot and it’s still being held. For that matter at least I can say I haven’t heard of any G 550’s being released either maybe because I’m the province in which I live in there are more orders for 63’s

Amg_ghost, I read above that your G63 has been sitting around since August. Has the dealer shed any light on this at all?

JetRanger 11-10-2018 01:27 PM

Guys, let's just hope the hold up is MBUSA going to bat for us 2019 63'ers, and is pulling out all the stops for an exclusive waiver on the G63 to allow MBUSA to tear off, and sh*tKan to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, those dreadful uglyass new style bull bars!:) And, if MBUSA loses this battle, then at least maybe they will compromise, and replace the 2019 bug eye BB with the old 2018 BB style, without those horrible cut-off bottom legs, which looked oh, so much better! The 63 BB's are nowhere nearly as bad as the g550 style, but the best case scenario is no BB at all! Good luck trying to aftermarket tear em off, and patch em up with a generous amount of Bondo, plus a ton of elbow grease and sandpaper on that $6,500 optional Merc paint color. Oh, yeah, I guess you can try to print up a few custom horizontal plugs, and cram them in the gaping holes left on top of the bumper. Mercedes dealer will not remove them, either, so it's strictly a DIY or shade tree mechanic project on a $200k G63. No way I'm tearing up a brand new G63! Now, maybe in 2 or 3 years, but not on Day 1. But, this is just my personal opinion, and no doubt, many folks will have a very different view and opinion on this. Ain't capitalism great?!

PS - I wonder if the Subaru BB designer got summarily kanned, yet then somehow got swooped up by Mercedes as their new Chief G-wagon Bull Bar designer? Hmmm...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...47a6949848.jpg

Sarlox 11-10-2018 02:17 PM

Have you had your coffee yet JetRanger :rolf:

The guards aren't that bad on either model, and if you want them removed, there will be covers available so no bondo will be required.

It's all good brother........

JetRanger 11-10-2018 02:59 PM

Ah, just had my First Cup. I'm all good, now, Mark!:)

dunderhi 11-10-2018 03:06 PM

Since my G only cost $134k, I’m happy that poke and prod a bit. :D

The ‘19 G550 BB is connected with a total of 8 bolts (4 on each side). On each side there are two pairs inserted from opposite directions. The front bolts are easily exposed by removing the plastic plate in the bumper. The bolts mounted from the rear look like they require the skid plate to be removed. The good news is that there appears to be plenty of room behind the bumper. The skid plate has exposed bolts, so it should be easily removed. The rear bolts screw into the black load distribution brace (black metal), while the front bolts, with their large washers, directly attach to the BB to the bumper while sandwiching the plate. I suspect a trip to ACE Hardware will yield a suitable amount chrome that with a little work can be made to look like OEM caps. I suspect I could do the job, including the fabrication, in about two hours. Unfortunately, the BB is growing on me, so this may remain a mental exercise on my part.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...84c519fdb.jpeg
Front mounted bull bar bolts on a ‘19 G550
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...df52b2750.jpeg
Rear mounted bull bar bolt (bottom) on a’19 G550

Sarlox 11-10-2018 03:53 PM

Great post dunderhi this is the stuff that forums were made for (not the "I don't like the G550 but the G63 is a wrecker, etc, etc.). Thanks for digging into it.

I say, DO IT. Remove that beotch. You can always put it back on.

Thanks again, keep the pics and the details coming :y

JetRanger 11-10-2018 04:15 PM

The best part of demdare bolts is they may be an excellent way to mount my Icom AH-760/Stealth Telecom 9300 HF antenna on the front bumper. Course, now I’ll need to figure out if the same is true of the different mounting approach employed on the G63. Either way, something very good may yet come of these BB’s. Yahoo!

Sarlox 11-10-2018 04:28 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fe2c659a1b.jpg
YOU'RE A COMPLETE PRO :bow:

amg_ghost 11-10-2018 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7599861)
Amg_ghost, I read above that your G63 has been sitting around since August. Has the dealer shed any light on this at all?

dealer says they are still on hold because of Transport Transport Canada. Says delivery looks to be in December. They already started shipping some g63’s to private lots in order to move them out of Halifax for quicker deliveries but those vehicles are still on hold, even g550’s for that matter. In the US, people are starting to get their 550’s here not so much the case here. They said they have increased the level of engineers at port to facilitate the speediness of the vpc’s and are also waiting on the release of a bunch of other cars as well. With all that said no promises that those dates will be respected, either because they are hiding behind a story that implies that they have no control over what the government is certifying or as a lot of people said, try to push our stock.

After all this, the dealership is holding my payment from my GTR because I was going to trade it in for the G, and for that they kept the payment so if I’m case it goes into January I can still get my tax write off. I also have to find a parking spot that will accommodate the G’s height because mine is too low, and I did, but I can’t commit on renting a space until I can provide them with a date too. It’s driving me quite mad. And no offence but dealerships even when you’re a great customer I feel always shade some things. It’s impossible for them not to really know what’s going on.

JetRanger 11-10-2018 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7600006)

Hey, Sarlox, yeah I've seen that guy's 9360 before on his Range Rover. Well, I may have to go with the Icom AH-740 (as shown mounted on the front fender of the G ambulance where the air vent intake was on the old G's) for a bit lower profile. I think Canadian folks take a dim view of the 9360 mounted up front, as it may be in conflict with aspects of their vehicle laws.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...671be9cb1d.jpg

Sarlox 11-10-2018 06:10 PM

SO PRIME :y

JetRanger 11-10-2018 06:37 PM

Wut, u mean the G-ambulance?😁👍

Dropout 11-19-2018 11:34 AM

My dealer says the status of my G63 has changed and shows to be released from the port this week. Has anyone else heard they are being released this week?

Walter Chavez 11-19-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dropout (Post 7607364)
My dealer says the status of my G63 has changed and shows to be released from the port this week. Has anyone else heard they are being released this week?

I'm not sure. My SA is currently on vacation and from what I was aware they were going to be delivered on February, but if anyone else can confirm or deny it would be much appreciated

Jiggs1000 11-19-2018 06:19 PM

Thats a bit of good news. What VPC is your G63 located in?
Spoke to dealer today. My G is at Long Beach VPC for a few weeks now. Dealer states last info he had was for late December-Early January release.

Jiggs1000 11-19-2018 06:24 PM

just saw this. Last paragraph mentions G63 not available until Early 2019.
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/19/...cing-official/

Dropout 11-19-2018 08:23 PM

Mine is in Baltimore.

Jiggs1000 11-19-2018 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dropout (Post 7607951)
Mine is in Baltimore.

There are 600 or so G63’s between Baltimore and Long Beach VPC’s per my Dealer’s GM.
Was your dealer confident in telling you that yours would be delivered to you by end of this year? Maybe reason for some optimism in that case. I’m in desperate need of the tax write off. So if it shows up anytime after December 31 I have a huge additional income tax bill.
In any case, hope you get yours soon. Keep us posted.