MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   2019 G63 arrival? (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/726016-2019-g63-arrival.html)

Dropout 11-03-2018 12:28 PM

2019 G63 arrival?

Has any heard when the 2019 G63's will arrive in the US?

drew138 11-03-2018 07:44 PM

There is supposedly some issue with all AMGs being held at the port. My dealer said their ED1 was on the boat and should be here in two weeks but there was some doubt when it would get released from the port.

amg_ghost 11-03-2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7594179)
There is supposedly some issue with all AMGs being held at the port. My dealer said their ED1 was on the boat and should be here in two weeks but there was some doubt when it would get released from the port.

my ED1 was at port since August

JetRanger 11-04-2018 01:19 AM

I just watched a video today of the ED1. Man, that thing is sweet!

texex91 11-04-2018 06:16 AM

My dealer said this month.

itzitzitz 11-08-2018 11:28 AM

My G63 is at the port in Halifax (Canadian order). It arrived a couple of days ago. The ship that it came on is non en route to New York and undoubtedly there will be some g63s on there. There was mention of some delays to be expected by my dealer regarding its release by Mercedes-Benz. Not sure of the exact details.

amg_ghost 11-08-2018 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7598092)
My G63 is at the port in Halifax (Canadian order). It arrived a couple of days ago. The ship that it came on is non en route to New York and undoubtedly there will be some g63s on there. There was mention of some delays to be expected by my dealer regarding its release by Mercedes-Benz. Not sure of the exact details.

no ones talking about why they are just sitting. They shipped one to a local lot and it’s still being held. For that matter at least I can say I haven’t heard of any G 550’s being released either maybe because I’m the province in which I live in there are more orders for 63’s

itzitzitz 11-10-2018 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7598373)

no ones talking about why they are just sitting. They shipped one to a local lot and it’s still being held. For that matter at least I can say I haven’t heard of any G 550’s being released either maybe because I’m the province in which I live in there are more orders for 63’s

Amg_ghost, I read above that your G63 has been sitting around since August. Has the dealer shed any light on this at all?

JetRanger 11-10-2018 01:27 PM

Guys, let's just hope the hold up is MBUSA going to bat for us 2019 63'ers, and is pulling out all the stops for an exclusive waiver on the G63 to allow MBUSA to tear off, and sh*tKan to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, those dreadful uglyass new style bull bars!:) And, if MBUSA loses this battle, then at least maybe they will compromise, and replace the 2019 bug eye BB with the old 2018 BB style, without those horrible cut-off bottom legs, which looked oh, so much better! The 63 BB's are nowhere nearly as bad as the g550 style, but the best case scenario is no BB at all! Good luck trying to aftermarket tear em off, and patch em up with a generous amount of Bondo, plus a ton of elbow grease and sandpaper on that $6,500 optional Merc paint color. Oh, yeah, I guess you can try to print up a few custom horizontal plugs, and cram them in the gaping holes left on top of the bumper. Mercedes dealer will not remove them, either, so it's strictly a DIY or shade tree mechanic project on a $200k G63. No way I'm tearing up a brand new G63! Now, maybe in 2 or 3 years, but not on Day 1. But, this is just my personal opinion, and no doubt, many folks will have a very different view and opinion on this. Ain't capitalism great?!

PS - I wonder if the Subaru BB designer got summarily kanned, yet then somehow got swooped up by Mercedes as their new Chief G-wagon Bull Bar designer? Hmmm...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...47a6949848.jpg

Sarlox 11-10-2018 02:17 PM

Have you had your coffee yet JetRanger :rolf:

The guards aren't that bad on either model, and if you want them removed, there will be covers available so no bondo will be required.

It's all good brother........

JetRanger 11-10-2018 02:59 PM

Ah, just had my First Cup. I'm all good, now, Mark!:)

dunderhi 11-10-2018 03:06 PM

Since my G only cost $134k, I’m happy that poke and prod a bit. :D

The ‘19 G550 BB is connected with a total of 8 bolts (4 on each side). On each side there are two pairs inserted from opposite directions. The front bolts are easily exposed by removing the plastic plate in the bumper. The bolts mounted from the rear look like they require the skid plate to be removed. The good news is that there appears to be plenty of room behind the bumper. The skid plate has exposed bolts, so it should be easily removed. The rear bolts screw into the black load distribution brace (black metal), while the front bolts, with their large washers, directly attach to the BB to the bumper while sandwiching the plate. I suspect a trip to ACE Hardware will yield a suitable amount chrome that with a little work can be made to look like OEM caps. I suspect I could do the job, including the fabrication, in about two hours. Unfortunately, the BB is growing on me, so this may remain a mental exercise on my part.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...84c519fdb.jpeg
Front mounted bull bar bolts on a ‘19 G550
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...df52b2750.jpeg
Rear mounted bull bar bolt (bottom) on a’19 G550

Sarlox 11-10-2018 03:53 PM

Great post dunderhi this is the stuff that forums were made for (not the "I don't like the G550 but the G63 is a wrecker, etc, etc.). Thanks for digging into it.

I say, DO IT. Remove that beotch. You can always put it back on.

Thanks again, keep the pics and the details coming :y

JetRanger 11-10-2018 04:15 PM

The best part of demdare bolts is they may be an excellent way to mount my Icom AH-760/Stealth Telecom 9300 HF antenna on the front bumper. Course, now I’ll need to figure out if the same is true of the different mounting approach employed on the G63. Either way, something very good may yet come of these BB’s. Yahoo!

Sarlox 11-10-2018 04:28 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fe2c659a1b.jpg
YOU'RE A COMPLETE PRO :bow:

amg_ghost 11-10-2018 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7599861)
Amg_ghost, I read above that your G63 has been sitting around since August. Has the dealer shed any light on this at all?

dealer says they are still on hold because of Transport Transport Canada. Says delivery looks to be in December. They already started shipping some g63’s to private lots in order to move them out of Halifax for quicker deliveries but those vehicles are still on hold, even g550’s for that matter. In the US, people are starting to get their 550’s here not so much the case here. They said they have increased the level of engineers at port to facilitate the speediness of the vpc’s and are also waiting on the release of a bunch of other cars as well. With all that said no promises that those dates will be respected, either because they are hiding behind a story that implies that they have no control over what the government is certifying or as a lot of people said, try to push our stock.

After all this, the dealership is holding my payment from my GTR because I was going to trade it in for the G, and for that they kept the payment so if I’m case it goes into January I can still get my tax write off. I also have to find a parking spot that will accommodate the G’s height because mine is too low, and I did, but I can’t commit on renting a space until I can provide them with a date too. It’s driving me quite mad. And no offence but dealerships even when you’re a great customer I feel always shade some things. It’s impossible for them not to really know what’s going on.

JetRanger 11-10-2018 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7600006)

Hey, Sarlox, yeah I've seen that guy's 9360 before on his Range Rover. Well, I may have to go with the Icom AH-740 (as shown mounted on the front fender of the G ambulance where the air vent intake was on the old G's) for a bit lower profile. I think Canadian folks take a dim view of the 9360 mounted up front, as it may be in conflict with aspects of their vehicle laws.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...671be9cb1d.jpg

Sarlox 11-10-2018 06:10 PM

SO PRIME :y

JetRanger 11-10-2018 06:37 PM

Wut, u mean the G-ambulance?😁👍

Dropout 11-19-2018 11:34 AM

My dealer says the status of my G63 has changed and shows to be released from the port this week. Has anyone else heard they are being released this week?

Walter Chavez 11-19-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dropout (Post 7607364)
My dealer says the status of my G63 has changed and shows to be released from the port this week. Has anyone else heard they are being released this week?

I'm not sure. My SA is currently on vacation and from what I was aware they were going to be delivered on February, but if anyone else can confirm or deny it would be much appreciated

Jiggs1000 11-19-2018 06:19 PM

Thats a bit of good news. What VPC is your G63 located in?
Spoke to dealer today. My G is at Long Beach VPC for a few weeks now. Dealer states last info he had was for late December-Early January release.

Jiggs1000 11-19-2018 06:24 PM

just saw this. Last paragraph mentions G63 not available until Early 2019.
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/19/...cing-official/

Dropout 11-19-2018 08:23 PM

Mine is in Baltimore.

Jiggs1000 11-19-2018 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dropout (Post 7607951)
Mine is in Baltimore.

There are 600 or so G63’s between Baltimore and Long Beach VPC’s per my Dealer’s GM.
Was your dealer confident in telling you that yours would be delivered to you by end of this year? Maybe reason for some optimism in that case. I’m in desperate need of the tax write off. So if it shows up anytime after December 31 I have a huge additional income tax bill.
In any case, hope you get yours soon. Keep us posted.

abhatti55 11-19-2018 10:47 PM

On the dealer level it is understandable they can't accurately predict the release. What is frustrating is that MBUSA can't figure it out. What is the reason? If it is a chasis or safety compliance issue, the G550 has been cleared which is basically the same car. Engine related/EPA issues seems like BS, this engine is not new and been used in many other models. Are they are actually trying to clear out '18 inventory. If it is indeed a February launch why wouldn't one cancel and get a '20 model.

Being in the same boat as others if it doesn't release this year, then I'm scrambling to buy a car i really don't want for tax purposes last minute. I'm sure the dealer would love for me to cancel and sell the car $10k over sticker or more.

kinjal 11-19-2018 11:07 PM

Sec 179

talk to your accountant. Put a deposit down now, and the vehicle can still be written off for this year even if it arrives next year.

Jiggs1000 11-20-2018 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7608074)
talk to your accountant. Put a deposit down now, and the vehicle can still be written off for this year even if it arrives next year.

Ive had many discussions with my CPA on the matter. No surprise that the IRS leaves plenty of gray area in the rule should they decide its worth their time to pursue an audit. The one thing that is certain is that if you claim a deduction per 179, if asked, you must be able to show that the vehicle is "ready and available" for use in your business. I'm no expert on the rule but my gut says if the vehicle is proven to be locked at VPC or on a transport (water or land) the IRS would likely pursue an audit if they were aware of that fact.

places 11-20-2018 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jiggs1000 (Post 7608332)
Ive had many discussions with my CPA on the matter. No surprise that the IRS leaves plenty of gray area in the rule should they decide its worth their time to pursue an audit. The one thing that is certain is that if you claim a deduction per 179, if asked, you must be able to show that the vehicle is "ready and available" for use in your business. I'm no expert on the rule but my gut says if the vehicle is proven to be locked at VPC or on a transport (water or land) the IRS would likely pursue an audit if they were aware of that fact.

I agree with this, was basically told the same thing. I took delivery of my 2018 for this reason. Could have waited until 2019 for a better deal but wanted the 179 for this year.

efathalla 11-21-2018 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Walter Chavez (Post 7607712)
I'm not sure. My SA is currently on vacation and from what I was aware they were going to be delivered on February, but if anyone else can confirm or deny it would be much appreciated

My dealer said the same last week, Feb may be Mar 2019, but they also released some other models early, so never know

soulsea 11-24-2018 03:17 PM

My E1 has been in port since 11/7 ... sales manager (at the guidance of regional rep) is indicating Jan 19 release.

But you never know with these things, the first batch of GT-Rs were stuck in port for about eight months last year ... truth is it's up to the government to clear these cars, it could be January as easily as it could be June, no one including anyone at MB really knows.

Jiggs1000 12-02-2018 06:19 PM

2019 G63 Delivery

Received email from my Dealer earlier today. Stated that he received an official communication in written form from Mercedes on Friday confirming that these vehicles are delayed for delivery until late January 2019 at the earliest. Likely delivery would be in February 2019.

haa 12-02-2018 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jiggs1000 (Post 7619188)
Received email from my Dealer earlier today. Stated that he received an official communication in written form from Mercedes on Friday confirming that these vehicles are delayed for delivery until late January 2019 at the earliest. Likely delivery would be in February 2019.

Today on Sunday?
Got notice from my dealer yesterday that my E1 will arrive to Baltimore 12/20 and should be ready for pick up less than 1 week later by Christmas! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

amg_ghost 12-02-2018 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by haa (Post 7619211)

Today on Sunday?
Got notice from my dealer yesterday that my E1 will arrive to Baltimore 12/20 and should be ready for pick up less than 1 week later by Christmas! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

if you don’t mind, where are you located?

JetRanger 12-02-2018 07:28 PM

Are these cars sitting outside in the elements, or warehoused inside?

amg_ghost 12-02-2018 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7619237)
Are these cars sitting outside in the elements, or warehoused inside?

in Halifax ? By the sea salt and water with the regular white covers that nornallly come on G’s I suppose

Jiggs1000 12-02-2018 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by haa (Post 7619211)

Today on Sunday?

Yessir. Sunday Morning. I am also waiting on an Edition one that’s been sitting at Long Beach for the last 4 weeks. I’m pulling for you to get yours by Christmas but between you and I wouldn’t get your hopes up. This gent has been pretty reliable with his information.

efathalla 12-02-2018 10:07 PM

My Dealer clearly stated that it will not be before Feb 2019, but they also said YOU NEVER KNOW.
It's getting to be too much.

Festertester 12-03-2018 02:31 AM

I’m on #3 and just got bumped up to #2 as #1 is cleared by MB. Looks like MB is stepping up a bit on G63 production. Keeping fingers crossed for good news soon!

haa 12-03-2018 02:25 PM

Northeast OH

haa 12-03-2018 02:27 PM

Do you have your serial number and production date? Someone may have paid your dealer to bump you down the list to the next E1 allocation.

haa 12-03-2018 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jiggs1000 (Post 7619260)

Yessir. Sunday Morning. I am also waiting on an Edition one that’s been sitting at Long Beach for the last 4 weeks. I’m pulling for you to get yours by Christmas but between you and I wouldn’t get your hopes up. This gent has been pretty reliable with his information.

Do you have your serial number and production date? Someone may have paid your dealer to bump you down the list to the next E1 allocation.

haa 12-03-2018 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7619236)

if you don’t mind, where are you located?

Northeast OH

efathalla 12-03-2018 05:20 PM

I'm waiting on E1 as well, but as per my dealer "All edition one allocation already done one per dealer and some dealer aren't getting any"
Most of them are already sold too.

Silvir00 12-04-2018 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7598092)

My G63 is also held up at the port of Halifax . It arrived on Nov 18 on the WH ship Figaro. My dealer indicated my delivery date would be mid-January but couldn't explain the delay except "certification issues".
Are you aware what exactly is the nature of the delay is? Thank goodness it's fully wrapped.[img=left]https://mbworld.org/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif[/img]

amg_ghost 12-04-2018 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silvir00 (Post 7621208)
My G63 is also held up at the port of Halifax . It arrived on Nov 18 on the WH ship Figaro. My dealer indicated my delivery date would be mid-January but couldn't explain the delay except "certification issues".
Are you aware what exactly is the nature of the delay is? Thank goodness it's fully wrapped.https://mbworld.org/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

certifications the biggest conspiracy in Canada, lol, MBUSA at least said it was a early 2019 release, I guess in Canada we’re just being fed a ton of crap. MBcanada never commented on a release date for the g63, they do however keep pumping ads (correct me if I’m wrong) mine is also at Halifax since August dude. And also I’m getting the “mid January date” what’s worrisome is some on the forum are talking about a February release, I really hope it doesn’t come down to that

efathalla 12-04-2018 11:35 PM

I believe that could be the issue, but the trick is running without any problems overseas.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ue-111618.html

amg_ghost 12-05-2018 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by efathalla (Post 7621273)
I believe that could be the issue, but the trick is running without any problems overseas.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ue-111618.html

good read thanks for posting that

fabbrisd1 12-05-2018 01:12 AM

All Edition 1's have been already produced - shipped - arrived in US - and yes, allocated to dealers. My best estimate about 430 or so - just less than 100 ea to Northeast, Central, Southern, and about 130 to Western region.

Any smart dealer shows them Customer Sold (Priority #1) with some type of customer info (genuine or mocked) so when released they can get shipment.

At this moment - for most urban dealer's that have unsold E1's - dealer expectation will be about +$15K to +$25K over MSRP for "Market Adjustment" pot-of-gold - there is high visibility to prevent export on G63's - a "couple" G550's" have already slipped out Oversea's which is quite upsetting to MBUSA - and on G63's there is discussion dealer's won't be able to "mulligan" a unintentional exported G63 and will automatically get MBUSA export chargeback if it happens (which will be like $40K).

efathalla 12-05-2018 07:10 AM

Thanks for the details.

They are like Gold, there a list of used G550 already on sale on Auto Trader for $20K - 40K over MSRP.

Happy to get the 1st one at my dealer by the MSRP.

Wassaby 12-05-2018 04:47 PM

As today my very accurate calculation shows a total number of 379 units of G63 ED1.

N- VPC-84 ( no other units outside VPC)

S- VPC 96+ 17 outside VPC

W- VPC 84 + 11 outside VPC

C- VPC 70 + 17 outside VPC

haa 12-15-2018 06:30 PM

An ED1 just showed up in a dealer inventory on Autotrader!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

efathalla 12-15-2018 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by haa (Post 7630828)
An ED1 just showed up in a dealer inventory on Autotrader!

https://www.mercedesbenznaples.com/s...&Model=G-Class

Festertester 12-16-2018 01:12 AM

I am sure this is just their allocation with jacked up price..

haa 12-16-2018 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7631008)

no this the sticker price for an edition 1 G63 and the fact that it is showing up in their inventory means that the G63 is being released from VPCs

fabbrisd1 12-16-2018 04:16 AM

Haa - means you're a funny guy - right ?

No - G63's have NOT been released from the VPC..

G63's will automatically show on MBUSA inventory search for that dealer when they have been checked into inventory at that dealer.

YES when you see a oddball showing up at this moment on AutoTrader or CarGuru's - that is a dealer who is fishing .... again G63's will automatically show on MBUSA inventory search for that dealer when they have been checked into inventory at that dealer.

efathalla 12-16-2018 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7631008)

That's the price for the E1, but confirmed with my dealer today, Nothing is released yet.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ded935737.jpeg

medtner 12-16-2018 08:54 PM

Was told that current G63 at VPC will be released in January, there is also a rumor for April
my car has been there since August, hope that I don't get issues w battery later

efathalla 12-16-2018 09:19 PM

To be honest, it's getting to be too much, I heard it's not happening before Feb and most likely for Mar next year.
I mean battery issue it will be under warranty, how about the snow and the sea salt water?

medtner 12-16-2018 09:34 PM

was told that vPC keeps cars inside a garage, hope it is correct

amg_ghost 12-16-2018 09:47 PM

I’m still convinced that there’s more that meets the eye. Firstly they wouldn’t be pumping ads for the G63 on every social media platform if the car wasn’t scheduled for release soon I’d tell myself right? I mean the configuration for the updated G on Canadian websites was done on Nov 15 so I’m assuming a couple of people here have their car at port since August like myself for an ED1. I would hope the cars that are already here at at docks will be delivered first and hopefully that will be done in January. But think about it logically MB corporate wouldn’t pump ads if they weren’t aware or when launch was going to be, because all this advertising costs money, and they wouldn’t spend money for nothing right? I just think the whole it’s stuck at customs is BS and that MB didn’t get their act together soon enough and now they have to send techs to update more software etc. I highly doubt anyone will get their cars before the end of the new year honestly.. holiday times are starting soon and dealerships will be closing on those days which will make a late December delivery almost un foreseeable

fabbrisd1 12-17-2018 01:02 AM

Please understand it is not "Mercedes holding back" - the delivery "delay" is the delay in securing US Federal approval for this new generation W163.

What those approval issues are - car manufacturer's under Federal mandate are not allowed to say anything.

The most recent "info" I have been told (and there is never anything on this by email) is released was targeted by mid-February.

Anyone with G63's at VPC can rest easy on condition/care .

Assuming this is a mechanical or programming update/change that will need to be done a VPC's - depending on what that exactly might be - with limited manpower it might take up to 4-5 weeks after Federal release to get all VPC units updated .. like I say no one that knows more simply cannot say anything.

amg_ghost 12-17-2018 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7631713)
Please understand it is not "Mercedes holding back" - the delivery "delay" is the delay in securing US Federal approval for this new generation W163.

What those approval issues are - car manufacturer's under Federal mandate are not allowed to say anything.

The most recent "info" I have been told (and there is never anything on this by email) is released was targeted by mid-February.

Anyone with G63's at VPC can rest easy on condition/care .

Assuming this is a mechanical or programming update/change that will need to be done a VPC's - depending on what that exactly might be - with limited manpower it might take up to 4-5 weeks after Federal release to get all VPC units updated .. like I say no one that knows more simply cannot say anything.

of course I can understand that it requires feds approval on these “W464’s” what I’m saying is, dealerships give false dates false estimates and false answers. In fact no one has an answer, and for some people including myself, when I’m told that my car is commencing VPC process and that it’s the first car coming, and that it’s January mid, and now that date changes to March, how can Mercedes Benz not be accountable for telling people the truth as you have it?

abhatti55 12-17-2018 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7631783)

of course I can understand that it requires feds approval on these “W464’s” what I’m saying is, dealerships give false dates false estimates and false answers. In fact no one has an answer, and for some people including myself, when I’m told that my car is commencing VPC process and that it’s the first car coming, and that it’s January mid, and now that date changes to March, how can Mercedes Benz not be accountable for telling people the truth as you have it?

Correct 100%. Dealers were quick to take deposits and builds while throwing out BS delivery dates. "Oh you'll have it by year end for your tax needs we assure you..." Then you get to see everyone else worldwide recieve their cars months ago. As soon as the 19's are delivered they'll announce the '20 model. If one has waited this long why not get a '20.

Festertester 12-17-2018 08:57 PM

Ha..I’m still waiting for MB to approve mine -might end up getting a ‘20..lol

amg_ghost 12-17-2018 09:49 PM

Lol I called my dealer to see what they were going to say and they still are feeding me with mid January bs I just think it’s funny

efathalla 12-18-2018 07:50 PM

It got to the point if you really want it, just wait ..
The ONLY issue that we will be getting 2019 model in 2019 when they will start announcing the 2020.

pdeacon 12-19-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by efathalla (Post 7633472)
It got to the point if you really want it, just wait ..
The ONLY issue that we will be getting 2019 model in 2019 when they will start announcing the 2020.

I wouldn't be concerned about the timing. I think, based on the history of the G, the redesigned MY '19 configuration will be around for some time before any substantive changes are introduced.

haa 12-19-2018 02:02 PM

Another ED1 just popped up in another dealer's inventory and stock in UTAH.

Call me an optimist but I think the release of the 2019 G63 is iminent!

JetRanger 12-19-2018 07:07 PM

but, could "dealer inventory" include ED1's being held at the dock?

amg_ghost 12-19-2018 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7634302)
but, could "dealer inventory" include ED1's being held at the dock?

some rapper on Instagram has posted this a few days ago, here’s the guys name and Benz did comment on his picture, it’s a US spec, you can clearly see the front and back side markers

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...cb5b8c8c0.jpeg

medtner 12-19-2018 11:01 PM

just curious, this white G63 seems to have the night package but bumper guard is not black, is this normal?
according to Canadian website, the guard is optional but in all USA social media photos all G63 had one, and was black with night package !

amg_ghost 12-19-2018 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7634467)
just curious, this white G63 seems to have the night package but bumper guard is not black, is this normal?
according to Canadian website, the guard is optional but in all USA social media photos all G63 had one, and was black with night package !

it could be that it was purchased after the delivery, usually, yes the guard is black, although I’m not sure as to if it’s orderable in silver too (with night package applied). I’m in Canada, my edition 1 did not come with a bumper guard...... I have to buy it separately for 6k........ sucks that you can’t ask to have carbon steering wheel and bullbar on the ed1

medtner 12-19-2018 11:34 PM

Guard

I did not get the guard as an option to start with when I ordered my car, does it mean that it is standard in the US market?

Wassaby 12-20-2018 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7634389)

some rapper on Instagram has posted this a few days ago, here’s the guys name and Benz did comment on his picture, it’s a US spec, you can clearly see the front and back side markers

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...cb5b8c8c0.jpeg

This guy is not a RAPER he is a professional BMX athlete and Mercedes Benz Ambassador. Is just advertising.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...dedc2df6aa.jpg

drew138 12-20-2018 07:46 PM

The bar on the white g63 is black.

Sarlox 12-20-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7634482)
I did not get the guard as an option to start with when I ordered my car, does it mean that it is standard in the US market?

Yep, both the G550 and the G63 come standard with the Brush guard, it's a DOT requirement (but you can take it off) which I will probably do on my G63 as it looks a bit goofy positioned as it is.

medtner 12-20-2018 10:01 PM

Many thanks

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7635268)
Yep, both the G550 and the G63 come standard with the Brush guard, it's a DOT requirement (but you can take it off) which I will probably do on my G63 as it looks a bit goofy positioned as it is.

thank u for clarification

BenzCali 12-21-2018 12:00 AM

Do you pay sticker when you build or do dealership markup?
I called two local dealerships and the rep was not sure. Said they will confirm and call back, but they never did.

I have always purchased what they have in stock and never pre-ordered a vehicle.

medtner 12-21-2018 12:47 AM

Sticker

Originally Posted by ArsenMB (Post 7635366)
Do you pay sticker when you build or do dealership markup?
I called two local dealerships and the rep was not sure. Said they will confirm and call back, but they never did.

I have always purchased what they have in stock and never pre-ordered a vehicle.

Usually sticker when u build, this is especially done when the new model is new. Some dealers are asking over sticker price on autotrader and Ebay but I don't think they are getting that.

pdeacon 12-21-2018 10:30 AM

I get the same discount whether I build it or buy it from inventory. At least that is my experience. Can't imagine that it matters to the dealer profit wise. The major difference is you have to wait if you build it.

NYCBenz 12-21-2018 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7635268)

Not true.

You can order without, just need to have your sales rep get in contact with MBUSA.

Even with the previous generation, you could do this (I ordered multiple this way from the factory).

The DOT Requirement is a common mis-conception. Just need to have the right sales guy to go to put in the extra effort.

medtner 12-21-2018 12:13 PM

Price

Will you pay less if you order without?

You can order without, just need to have your sales rep get in contact with MBUSA.

Even with the previous generation, you could do this (I ordered multiple this way from the factory).

The DOT Requirement is a common mis-conception. Just need to have the right sales guy to go to put in the extra effort.[/QUOTE]

Sarlox 12-21-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by NYCBenz (Post 7635682)
Not true.

The DOT Requirement is a common mis-conception. Just need to have the right sales guy to go to put in the extra effort.

Really? I don't think that is correct. True, some dealers may do some dealer modifications at the dealership (they are not supposed to) but I don't believe they can come from the factory without the brush guard (in the US that is).

I confirmed that again. You would need to have a "delete" option on the order form and I don't think there is one (again, I'm talking the US).

My information could be wrong, but I tend to believe this source.

If you can, that would be great, because I would delete the G63 brush bar and order (or get one that someone has pulled) a G550 brush guard, much better looking.

NYCBenz 12-21-2018 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7635698)
Will you pay less if you order without?

Nope, same price.

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7635775)
Really? I don't think that is correct. True, some dealers may do some dealer modifications at the dealership (they are not supposed to) but I don't believe they can come from the factory without the brush guard (in the US that is).

I confirmed that again. You would need to have a "delete" option on the order form and I don't think there is one (again, I'm talking the US).

My information could be wrong, but I tend to believe this source.

If you can, that would be great, because I would delete the G63 brush bar and order (or get one that someone has pulled) a G550 brush guard, much better looking.

Yeah, your info/source is wrong. Regarding the Previous W463, the G65 had the option to have/not have the Brush Bar...so not DOT specific (as an example...same as G550 4x4). You just needed to make a formal request with MBUSA directly to have your G550/G63 Brush Bar removed from factory (not at dealer, although that is what most people did). Again, I personally ordered numerous like this for clients when I was at MB Manhattan, and never had an issue/pushback from MBUSA. Just had to make the request to the right people.

This is also the case for the New G, just need to make the request to the right people at MBUSA. I guess some sales guys don't want to make the effort, or just rely on what they are told when ordering cars.

JetRanger 12-21-2018 05:08 PM

Thanks for this info, NYCBenz! I am going to ask my SA to put a formal request into MBUSA on my 2019 G63 to factory delete the bullbar. I placed my 2019 G63 order in Oct 2018, and my MB dealer said it will be at least Oct/Nov 2019, best case, before I see it, so there’s plenty of time to make this change order. Thanks for setting us straight on the DOT story. I personally think both 2019 BB’s look aweful. It’s too bad MB didn’t leave well enough alone, and use the same style as the 2018 and earlier model, albeit I realize some small tweaks would have been needed.

medtner 12-21-2018 06:07 PM

back to question #1
Any update about the release of current G63 from VPC?
5 cars are listed on autotrader without photos, good sign I guess!

Sarlox 12-21-2018 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by NYCBenz (Post 7635989)
Nope, same price.

Yeah, your info/source is wrong. Regarding the Previous W463, the G65 had the option to have/not have the Brush Bar...so not DOT specific (as an example...same as G550 4x4). You just needed to make a formal request with MBUSA directly to have your G550/G63 Brush Bar removed from factory (not at dealer, although that is what most people did). Again, I personally ordered numerous like this for clients when I was at MB Manhattan, and never had an issue/pushback from MBUSA. Just had to make the request to the right people.

This is also the case for the New G, just need to make the request to the right people at MBUSA. I guess some sales guys don't want to make the effort, or just rely on what they are told when ordering cars.

Hmmm, well, if that true then I'm going to order my G63 without a BB as well :boink:

Wassaby 12-21-2018 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7636108)
Hmmm, well, if that true then I'm going to order my G63 without a BB as well :boink:

Just make sure you see an email confirmation from your SA with MBUSA contact. Don't relay on promises because you may have surprise when is time to take delivery.

fabbrisd1 12-24-2018 10:05 PM

Well... in this present day .... absolutely/positively won't happen.... no matter what/who you ask... if there is a "factory exception" for MB Manhattan ... no one outside of "NYC" knows about it....

Let's all watch the Ferrari showroom scene in Scent of a Woman for NYE...

efathalla 12-24-2018 10:10 PM

If there's no difference in the price, it's much easier to get it then take it OFF after and you still have the option to install it again ;)

medtner 12-26-2018 11:39 PM

Doesn't look like will drive a 2019 model during 2018

My dealer still doesn't know the date yet
hope in January or Feb
March will be too late... hope MB gives some incentives for anxious future owners

amg_ghost 01-02-2019 11:20 AM

Anyone else get updates ?

efathalla 01-02-2019 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7643682)
Anyone else get updates ?

The last update I heard was Feb maybe March.

johnnyderm 01-02-2019 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by NYCBenz (Post 7635682)
Not true.

Personally I like the AMG placement of the bullbar as it might be useful for me in NYC (occasional parking on the street), or snowbanks on my street in Vermont.
I might go with the 22" black wheels, and then a set of 20" for winter wheels. Had good luck with Blzzaks, but do still like to put my nose in a snowbank now and then. (had a g550, but in a gle63 now,... for now)

kinjal 01-02-2019 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by efathalla (Post 7643725)
The last update I heard was Feb maybe March.

MARCH?!?!

This is is really annoying.

medtner 01-02-2019 05:57 PM

agree, very annoying to get a 2019 model in the first quarter of the year rather than late 2018

amg_ghost 01-03-2019 10:16 AM

My dealer told me mid January before the holidays. But my dealer also told me November December so I don’t buy it. Always vpc seems like the best answer to keep repeating. I highly doubt they’ll release in Canada before they do in the States. Those of you who are being told March, is it from a dealer ? Or is it from someone high up

medtner 01-03-2019 10:27 AM

March?

I have been asking many dealers not only the one that will be bringing in my car. I think that even dealers don't know. There is either a specification problem in the car (unlikely, knowing MB efficiency) or a delay due having many new unsold 2018 G63.
I heard March possibility in December from the same dealer who told me previously Dec then Jan.
It is frustrating.

amg_ghost 01-03-2019 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7644527)
I have been asking many dealers not only the one that will be bringing in my car. I think that even dealers don't know. There is either a specification problem in the car (unlikely, knowing MB efficiency) or a delay due having many new unsold 2018 G63.
I heard March possibility in December from the same dealer who told me previously Dec then Jan.
It is frustrating.

thanks, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was actually because they didn’t want to hurt the market. Maybe I’m wrong but as you said MB is efficient. I’m just upset that there’s no communication. What sucks is that they know we’ll all wait for it regardless most people aren’t giving up their allocations so that doesn’t really stimulate them to be a bit more specific.

medtner 01-03-2019 10:47 AM

Agree

Dealers know that they can sell the car.
G63 is one of the most wanted cars these days, you can get the RR or Lamborghini SUV immediately but not G63. Good for value I guess.

Waiting-4-550 01-03-2019 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7644539)
Dealers know that they can sell the car.
G63 is one of the most wanted cars these days, you can get the RR or Lamborghini SUV immediately but not G63. Good for value I guess.

I was amongst first to enter order for my G63 in April of 2018 when the order banks opened - that's coming on a year
Why would MB open order banks last April and not even start delivery yet?
This is crazy !
It could be worse and at least I have an allocation I guess.

amg_ghost 01-03-2019 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Waiting-4-550 (Post 7644558)
I was amongst first to enter order for my G63 in April of 2018 when the order banks opened - that's coming on a year
Why would MB open order banks last April and not even start delivery yet?
This is crazy !
It could be worse and at least I have an allocation I guess.

same boat as you, I had an allocation in feb 2018 for the ED1 now I have my vin my car is at vpc..

medtner 01-03-2019 12:22 PM

I put a deposit in Nov 2017

Vin# at vpc

Tjandegi 01-03-2019 12:31 PM

I'm still hearing march for first releases as well from dealers in Texas. Like some other have said, no one knows though. I finally got my build for first week of March. Was a little upset because I was told I would have it delivered in December, but with the way this release has been going, who knows if it'll still be stuck at vpc by the time it's built.

kinjal 01-03-2019 09:17 PM

Mine arrived at Brunswick VPC today. G63 designo diamond white with premium interior

my dealer is saying they are hoping for end of January or early February. But he admitted they really don’t have any idea

medtner 01-03-2019 09:21 PM

Good luck, mine has been at VPC for more than 3 months!
Initially had to price on window sticker then was able to get price w options and VIN#
still waiiiiiitiiiiiiiing!

amg_ghost 01-04-2019 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7645198)
Mine arrived at Brunswick VPC today. G63 designo diamond white with premium interior

my dealer is saying they are hoping for end of January or early February. But he admitted they really don’t have any idea

dealler should not give estimates if they have no clue that is one thing that pisses me off beyond anything else

Waiting-4-550 01-04-2019 08:58 AM

Austria to US (done); Now final delivery please

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7645336)

dealler should not give estimates if they have no clue that is one thing that pisses me off beyond anything else

Mine has hit the port
Just need MB to release the G63 beast now :X !!!

kinjal 01-04-2019 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7645336)

calm down. mb dealers give hopeful guesstimates. We all know that one day mb will say vehicles are released. But until then, it’s hopeful waiting

medtner 01-04-2019 06:22 PM

6 G63 available on Autotrader without photos
I think that the car is arriving soon!

drew138 01-05-2019 06:55 PM

Dealer in NorCal told me they expect the first one to hit the dealer within 2 weeks. We shall see.

medtner 01-05-2019 10:32 PM

Fantastic news, hope true this time!

medtner 01-07-2019 04:55 PM

Back to square one

Dealer thinks that January delivery of new cars will not include G63.

Waiting-4-550 01-07-2019 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7648289)
Dealer thinks that January delivery of new cars will not include G63.

Don't feel so bad servicing my Range Rover now as it seems I'll be driving it a bit longer

Festertester 01-08-2019 03:39 AM

Yeah, been waiting forever since put in order for g63 since aug’18..

Bobby Slavin 01-08-2019 11:09 AM

Jan 12

Just got the phone call. Release from VPC is Jan 12. Only 4 more days!

amg_ghost 01-08-2019 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Slavin (Post 7648807)

nice is that from your dealer ? Or from corporate =)

Bobby Slavin 01-08-2019 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7648862)

nice is that from your dealer ? Or from corporate =)

Mercedes rep for the midwest

amg_ghost 01-08-2019 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Slavin (Post 7648918)

Mercedes rep for the midwest

wow that’s good news man, that means most of them are going to start rolling out soon I guess right?

tashkent 01-08-2019 01:34 PM

yes it's correct info! I just get call from my dealer in Toronto area with the same update and he also told me that some of the G63s already move to Creditston Rd in Concord, Ontario. So it means very soon deliveries 👌🏻😀

amg_ghost 01-08-2019 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by tashkent (Post 7648949)

yes it's correct info! I just get call from my dealer in Toronto area with the same update and he also told me that some of the G63s already move to Creditston Rd in Concord, Ontario. So it means very soon deliveries 👌🏻😀

yeah regional VP called me left me a voice mail saying good news is on the way !!! So excited

benzman333 01-08-2019 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7648979)

yeah regional VP called me left me a voice mail saying good news is on the way !!! So excited

OH HAPPY 😃 DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kinjal 01-08-2019 05:58 PM

Where in the Midwest? Mine is located in VPC in Brunswick GA. I texted my dealer about January 12 release, and he said he has not heard anything about that for us. I’m located in Charlotte NC

i already missed out on tax deduction for 201& with this car. I have someone ready to buy my Edition One GTS, but I’m trying to hold them off until I take delivery of the G63.

Patience is a virtue they say...

benzman333 01-08-2019 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7649206)

Where in the Midwest? Mine is located in VPC in Brunswick GA. I texted my dealer about January 12 release, and he said he has not heard anything about that for us. I’m located in Charlotte NC

i already missed out on tax deduction for 201& with this car. I have someone ready to buy my Edition One GTS, but I’m trying to hold them off until I take delivery of the G63.

Patience is a virtue they say...

I hoping next week - it’s time to get our G’s Gents

medtner 01-08-2019 07:57 PM

January 12

Canada or USA?

[/QUOTE]
is

amg_ghost 01-09-2019 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7649315)
Canada or USA?

is[/QUOTE]

My VP said with certainty today in Canada, that the release for Canada will happen at the same time as US markets

lllmojo 01-09-2019 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by tashkent (Post 7648949)

Yup, mine is already at concord train yard. Finally...

bigdaddy101004 01-09-2019 03:42 PM

My G63 has been at the port since December 29 so that's not to bad.

amg_ghost 01-09-2019 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by lllmojo (Post 7650027)
Yup, mine is already at concord train yard. Finally...

wrong the reason why they all were moved to concord is because vpc at Halifax port is full, some cars made it to lots in Montreal, some dealerships broke protocol and showed their clients the cars, and when corporate found out they shipped them all back to concord Ontario, hope this information helps

JetRanger 01-09-2019 06:25 PM

Holy molee, peeps, it sounds like we G63 blokes are back to Square One!

amg_ghost 01-09-2019 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7650158)
Holy molee, peeps, it sounds like we G63 blokes are back to Square One!

why would you say that?

Bobby Slavin 01-09-2019 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7650199)

why would you say that?

we are 3 days away

benzman333 01-09-2019 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Slavin (Post 7650260)

we are 3 days away

may that be the truth
been waiting since April of 2017
so many promises so little results

amg_ghost 01-10-2019 01:13 PM

you do realize your rep that told you vpc is the 12 is on a weekend right ? Just saying

theGspot 01-10-2019 10:03 PM

So close yet so far ;)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...sz=w2560-h1268
For those who are anxious, I didn't forget about you!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...sz=w2560-h1268https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...sz=w2560-h1268

Waiting-4-550 01-11-2019 10:58 AM

G63 Debut?

Originally Posted by theGspot (Post 7651183)

Any more good news on debut out there ?

medtner 01-11-2019 11:00 AM

no news yet from Houston, TX
car ordered in Nov 2017, still at VPC

theGspot 01-11-2019 02:45 PM

Not from my end, just a waiting game at this point. Last I heard, they won't release them to dealerships until all are cleared. So, even if your vehicle has passed certification it will not be released until the rest are.

amg_ghost 01-11-2019 03:57 PM

Called brabus Irvine California they said the cars had issues with catalityc converters, they specified that at first they thought the delay would extend until March but now they just got an update that they should release end of month keeping my fingers crossed. Some other guy told me he deals with brabus too and got news a few weeks ago that it could be March due to this technical problem but apparently brabus got updated recently with info keep your fingers crossed my dudes

itzitzitz 01-11-2019 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7651727)
Oh hallow G wagon fellas. So I had to reach out to someone really high up to let me in on a little secret from the boys at brab** (supposed to shut my mouth) but because I’m sick of being lied to, well apparently it has to do with the catalytic converters oops.... looking like March now gl everyone ! The car show here is starting next week if I see a G63 I might be tempted of just leaving with it 😂

Wtf...so where's all this chatter from this past week coming from?? Why would MB employees or reps be saying otherwise?

amg_ghost 01-11-2019 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7651736)
Wtf...so where's all this chatter from this past week coming from?? Why would MB employees or reps be saying otherwise?

i edited my quote I just got off the phone with brabus Irvine CA, check my updated post. Why they wouldn’t tell anyone is also my question but apparently they have to keep things hush. Let’s just be hopeful. I also know it might be frustrating for everyone here too just as much as it is for myself so I’m trying to relay the most up to date information as I can for everyone

itzitzitz 01-11-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7651738)

i edited my quote I just got off the phone with brabus Irvine CA, check my updated post. Why they wouldn’t tell anyone is also my question but apparently they have to keep things hush. Let’s just be hopeful. I also know it might be frustrating for everyone here too just as much as it is for myself so I’m trying to relay the most up to date information as I can for everyone

Thanks for the update amg_ghost.

junc45 01-12-2019 03:41 PM

I got word today from the GM of my dealer that the G63 will be released by end of the month. Awaiting word on exact timing.

kinjal 01-12-2019 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by junc45 (Post 7652582)
I got word today from the GM of my dealer that the G63 will be released by end of the month. Awaiting word on exact timing.

where are you located? What dealership?

junc45 01-12-2019 05:13 PM

The dealership is Fletcher Jones Newport Beach.

WoodlandsGuy 01-12-2019 05:43 PM

My local MB Sales Manager met with regional rep yesterday and was told that my G63 ED1 would be released within the next 10 days putting it at the dealership within the next 15-20 days. Currently G63 is located at Brunswick VPC. Dealership is in The Woodlands,TX (north Houston). Fingers crossed.

benzman333 01-12-2019 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGuy (Post 7652662)
My local MB Sales Manager met with regional rep yesterday and was told that my G63 ED1 would be released within the next 10 days putting it at the dealership within the next 15-20 days. Currently G63 is located at Brunswick VPC. Dealership is in The Woodlands,TX (north Houston). Fingers crossed.

Hate to admit it but all this waiting is going to make it even better - we appreciate that which is not readily available more 😎

medtner 01-12-2019 06:44 PM

agree, if we reach march without it, it will be a better idea to consider ordering 2020 model

fabbrisd1 01-12-2019 06:44 PM

Frankly - if you have a G63 at the VPC - I recommend you call your dealership and TELL them you want to come in and get the paperwork out of the way.

If you get that done - the the dealer is MOTIVATED to check/push to call Distribution and and get your rig pushed up the ship list at the VPC... most dealer's DON'T push to get their's/yours..

fuel007one 01-13-2019 10:50 AM

I ordered my ED1 1/11/18 first allocation. Its been at Brunswick for quite a while and I am coming out of Rover lease Feb 2 so your info from the Regional Rep is indeed welcomed!

benzman333 01-13-2019 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by fuel007one (Post 7653044)
I ordered my ED1 1/11/18 first allocation. Its been at Brunswick for quite a while and I am coming out of Rover lease Feb 2 so your info from the Regional Rep is indeed welcomed!

funny im trading in my RR LWB ATB for the G63
I’m done with RR given bad quality and even worse service

medtner 01-13-2019 07:52 PM

Good to know

Had minor issues was my 2015 g63 but always had best service, they loved having my car at dealer since it was in crazy yellow color
hope new g63 is not going to be a trouble maker

amg_ghost 01-14-2019 03:33 PM

“Your vehicle is still in process, there are campaigns pending that software is expected sometime this week to complete.

The fuel economy test is still to be completed, this will allow for the Green Levy tax calculations to be done. This will then allow for the vehicle to be released.”

info received from corporate. My only remaining question is how long of a process is the fuel economy test going to take. I might get an answer later, will keep you guys posted. Please remember that this is in Canada, but going by the info I have, they are both contingent to US&Can release. To my demise I actually thought the whole process and waiting game was related to emissions as I was countlessly told. But this email kind of reflects that it wasn’t due to emissions? Hmm

fuel007one 01-14-2019 05:35 PM

You dealing with Fletcher out there?

WoodlandsGuy 01-14-2019 07:40 PM

Just heard from Sales Manager - because of the government shutdown, my G63 ED1 will be delayed (even more than the 10 days) in being signed off for certification. As I hear more I will pass it along.

will175 01-15-2019 01:15 PM

^^^ That is what my guys are telling me on the G63. Due to gov shutdown they have no idea when they will be released. They always shoot straight with me. Sucks to everyone that has there G63 sitting at port this whole time. I gave my initial order away and built a new spec one which might arrive before the release anyways. I hope this doesn't happen with the GT463s as well....

I did see a loaded up 550 with night package and it is really nice.

junc45 01-16-2019 05:59 PM

Uggh Im hearing now they dont know when it will be released. My sales guy was told it would be released by end of the month this past Saturday. Then he was told today to tell all his clients that they just dont know when it would be released but that they are working diligently on it. Its obvious no one knows other than a select few and whatever is going on is going to take a lot longer to resolve.

Wassaby 01-16-2019 07:12 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6be8283ecb.jpg

medtner 01-16-2019 07:15 PM

Very strange

Either they want to sell the new 2018 without a loss or there is a technical problem in the car.
I have been waiting for 14 months.
Hope MB does something such as a minimal discount, free service or some gifts but I have the feeling that they don't care.

JetRanger 01-16-2019 07:24 PM

Here we go again, back to Square One...

motorwerksgroup 01-16-2019 07:42 PM

The reality is, there is no confirmed date when USA 2019 G63s will be released. Anyone thinking they're getting one before spring is vastly mistaken. This is a late-Spring, early summer release vehicle.

medtner 01-16-2019 07:48 PM

Market value

The first question about the market value of any car is its year model. If the car will not be released until April, May or June then it is probably better to cancel the purchase and get a 2020 model

amg_ghost 01-16-2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7656181)
Either they want to sell the new 2018 without a loss or there is a technical problem in the car.
I have been waiting for 14 months.
Hope MB does something such as a minimal discount, free service or some gifts but I have the feeling that they don't care.

Yes there was a big problem with the cars. All the cars that were at port or the vast majority required physical change (NOT SOFTWARE) in the catalityc converters. The ones arriving at port now don’t have that issue. The issue NOW is that it took them 4 months to correct this cat problem. Now they are actually doing the EPA’s on them so expect more lies and bull **** to come because they weren’t working on emissions tests for the last 4 months. And people that say it’s a summer release or spring release piss me off it’s was supposed to be early first quarter 19 and in Canada they have been horse feeding me bull**** that I’ll have my car in November 2018 I should have honestly just not ordered this car it’s a ****ing joke, plus there’s one at the car show here like wtf ???

Wassaby 01-16-2019 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7656215)

Yes there was a big problem with the cars. All the cars that were at port or the vast majority required physical change (NOT SOFTWARE) in the catalityc converters. The ones arriving at port now don’t have that issue. The issue NOW is that it took them 4 months to correct this cat problem. Now they are actually doing the EPA’s on them so expect more lies and bull **** to come because they weren’t working on emissions tests for the last 4 months. And people that say it’s a summer release or spring release piss me off it’s was supposed to be early first quarter 19 and in Canada they have been horse feeding me bull**** that I’ll have my car in November 2018 I should have honestly just not ordered this car it’s a ****ing joke, plus there’s one at the car show here like wtf ???

And where is all this info coming from? Any reliable source?

amg_ghost 01-16-2019 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7656272)
And where is all this info coming from? Any reliable source?

yes brabus Irvine California confirmed it was catalytic related physical problems. Also on the phone with a person from MB corporate that said it wasn’t all models but some that arrived before and also said that it didn’t affect the edition 1 vehicles. And also I have an email from them saying that only now they will start doing the EPA’s and emissions tests saying Friday wat the last day to install the software needed on the vehicles.

bigdaddy101004 01-16-2019 11:20 PM

Question. My G63 was built in December & just got to the port December 29. Do you think my G63 already was OK or they had to fix it at the port? Just curious

amg_ghost 01-17-2019 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by bigdaddy101004 (Post 7656354)
Question. My G63 was built in December & just got to the port December 29. Do you think my G63 already was OK or they had to fix it at the port? Just curious

from what I hear vehicles entering now don’t have that issue, but I can’t confirm anything 100% because finding bits of information here and there are not enough for me to make a valid assessment like that. I’m just relaying what I’m hearing and I’m putring the pieces of the puzzle together the way I can. Regardless of this it won’t prompt the date to a sooner delivery but could maybe hint to why it took so long. What I’m just a upset about is that although this information is “secret” and I can understand that MB wouldn’t want to start talking about these issues, that the dealers could of at least have gotten a mere amount of info, since I did if they cared enough, not to give promise dates to people monthly if this was an issue known to them. That’s all

Jiggs1000 01-17-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7656178)

I'm baffled by how this has all unfolded. Sure I'm not alone. I had one of the 1st ED1's in the system and told my dealer I would pass on it after December came and went. Personally glad I did. Sucks in many ways to have been waiting for so long with much stress to secure the vehicle and nothing to show for it at this point. However, the aimlessness of this process and more the cloak and dagger approach from MB USA is wholly unacceptable for any vehicle. Certainly for one commanding a 160-180k asking price.
Sorry for all who are still committed and waiting on a vehicle. Inexcusable in my humble opinion.

medtner 01-17-2019 10:43 AM

Agree

I think that the communication level did not match the price of the car.

horse86 01-17-2019 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7656215)

Tell us how you really feel....

#firstworldproblems

amg_ghost 01-17-2019 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by horse86 (Post 7656630)
Tell us how you really feel....

#firstworldproblems

i feel that if you’re on this thread and waiting for one of these cars and have a lot of money locked in and waiting for months without any rational explanation isn’t categorized as first world problems but rather negative emotions towards people that have been feeding you the wrong type of information. Glad you had so much input to share on the topic

Wassaby 01-17-2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7656970)

i feel that if you’re on this thread and waiting for one of these cars and have a lot of money locked in and waiting for months without any rational explanation isn’t categorized as first world problems but rather negative emotions towards people that have been feeding you the wrong type of information. Glad you had so much input to share on the topic

I cannot find that "Wrong type of information" you're talking about. The information about the G63 being released in Feb was here on this thread since November. I don't understand why is a surprise that MBUSA confirms that.

junc45 01-17-2019 04:20 PM

Possibility of it being released in February may have been mentioned on this thread but I was personally told mine would be released in September, then October etc. Perhaps too optimistic but it was on the water end of July which made it seem realistic at the time. Whatever the case is I think MB didnt do a great job with communication. Anyways Im not going crazy after all its just a truck. I do hope it arrives before summer.

WoodlandsGuy 01-17-2019 04:34 PM

I just recently found this forum and posted for the first time. Like many have stated I have had my order in for a 19 G63 ED1 for many many months. I also received information from dealer that G63 would be released late in the year. I don’t fault local dealer as they were relaying the info they had at the time. Every time they got an update it was passed onto me. My new G is not meant to timely replace a vehicle. If it were and I was coming out of a lease etc then this delay would cause some angst and frustration so I can relate to those that are in this box. Ultimately we are a bunch of enthusiast that appreciate the design, history and capabilities of the GWagen. It’s nice to find a place where one can go and find more detail than is available from any other source. Like AMG_Ghost stated is that he was taking all of the information he was gleaning from the different posts and coming up with his conclusions. I’m doing the same as many of you are. Is this delay causing me to rethink my decision on the ED1? Not yet. Talk to me again if I am still waiting in May? In the meantime I am still sitting tight and waiting eagerly and patiently and trying to be courteous of my local dealer and the Sales Manager as they have been great throughout the process. Thanks to all of you who have given feedback and helped keep us in the loop.

amg_ghost 01-17-2019 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7657004)
I cannot find that "Wrong type of information" you're talking about. The information about the G63 being released in Feb was here on this thread since November. I don't understand why is a surprise that MBUSA confirms that.

dude I know the board has been speculating but I’m in Canada and I was told my truck had arrived at port since August and every month I’m told in 15 days. So I dug a little and found some info that wasn’t pertinent to what I was being told at my dealer, and that has logically aggravated me isn’t that so hard to understand? When I post these things I hear I share them with you guys because we’re all waiting on this together

kinjal 01-17-2019 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGuy (Post 7657035)
I just recently found this forum and posted for the first time. Like many have stated I have had my order in for a 19 G63 ED1 for many many months. I also received information from dealer that G63 would be released late in the year. I don’t fault local dealer as they were relaying the info they had at the time. Every time they got an update it was passed onto me. My new G is not meant to timely replace a vehicle. If it were and I was coming out of a lease etc then this delay would cause some angst and frustration so I can relate to those that are in this box. Ultimately we are a bunch of enthusiast that appreciate the design, history and capabilities of the GWagen. It’s nice to find a place where one can go and find more detail than is available from any other source. Like AMG_Ghost stated is that he was taking all of the information he was gleaning from the different posts and coming up with his conclusions. I’m doing the same as many of you are. Is this delay causing me to rethink my decision on the ED1? Not yet. Talk to me again if I am still waiting in May? In the meantime I am still sitting tight and waiting eagerly and patiently and trying to be courteous of my local dealer and the Sales Manager as they have been great throughout the process. Thanks to all of you who have given feedback and helped keep us in the loop.

im tempted to ask for my deposit back and move on. It’s frustrating. Already missed the 2018 tax write off. And now I’m having to switch cars with my wife to take my kids anywhere. I have a 2016 GTS and plan was to be keep it til Jan 1. With no end in sight, it’s making this a whole lot harder. Tempted to get a raptor, save 110k and call it a day

Do so you think the dealer will refund my 5k deposit? It’s not like they will have any issue selling a loaded designo white G63

abhatti55 01-17-2019 08:47 PM

I let my allocation go yesterday for the same reasons. I made it clear at the time I ordered that I needed the car before year end for tax purposes. I am expecting a full refund of my deposit. They are trying to keep my money and give me the first slot they have for a '20. I feel like the demand isn't really there anymore. In the meantime I bought a '16 G63 and enjoying the hell out of it.

kinjal 01-17-2019 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by abhatti55 (Post 7657217)
I let my allocation go yesterday for the same reasons. I made it clear at the time I ordered that I needed the car before year end for tax purposes. I am expecting a full refund of my deposit. They are trying to keep my money and give me the first slot they have for a '20. I feel like the demand isn't really there anymore. In the meantime I bought a '16 G63 and enjoying the hell out of it.

did you have a custom build or edition one?

are you okay with them keeping your deposit?

abhatti55 01-17-2019 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7657219)
did you have a custom build or edition one?

are you okay with them keeping your deposit?

Custom but not really bc the magno paints were delayed. Their ED1 car was spoken for. Basically Iridium silver and was able to get the black exclusive leather which was also in shortage and all other options including 22 inch black wheels. The car has been sitting at VPC since September. Making it one of the first cars to make it over, which is pointless now.

kinjal 01-17-2019 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by abhatti55 (Post 7657232)
Custom but not really bc the magno paints were delayed. Their ED1 car was spoken for. Basically Iridium silver and was able to get the black exclusive leather which was also in shortage and all other options including 22 inch black wheels. The car has been sitting at VPC since September. Making it one of the first cars to make it over, which is pointless now.

I’m basically in the same scenario. Designo diamond white, exclusive saddle brown interior, all other options. Have the “first one” in NC... but pointless as well, as it’s stuck in VPC

Thanks for info! If I give it up, I’m blaming this and the fact they kept the stupid command interface versus MBUX

medtner 01-17-2019 09:50 PM

I am still waiting

Brilliant blue with red/ black interior
night packages
Black piano wood/ steering wheel
Will keep dreaming. Houston earliest allocation

Festertester 01-17-2019 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7657275)
Brilliant blue with red/ black interior
night packages
Black piano wood/ steering wheel
Will keep dreaming. Houston earliest allocation

Superman spec :D

Festertester 01-17-2019 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by abhatti55 (Post 7657232)

similar to my spec but i got espresso/brown designo interior

medtner 01-17-2019 11:52 PM

Thnx

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7657312)

Superman spec :D

was hard to think about best matching interior color.
Black, too common
Cream, gets dirty easily
Brown champagne, probably nice, MB trying to market with other models in blue
Black/ blue, nice but different shade of blue
Black/ red, best sporty color, matches red break calipers
However, still in vpc since August

motorwerksgroup 01-18-2019 01:34 AM

I've been told that all unfilled 2019 orders automatically become 2020 orders; therefore, 2020 is/will be nearly sold out.

Festertester 01-19-2019 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7657340)
Black, too common
Cream, gets dirty easily

i think it’d look great! Hope you get it soon - can’t wait to see photos

CUZCO 01-19-2019 12:18 PM

My dealer called yesterday to inform me that my G63 goes into production April 3 and to expect arrival at the dealership by May 15. I placed the order the second week of August 2018. When I placed the order I was told April/May delivery.

149 White
807 Red
BS2 Red Calipers
J25 Widescreen
RG5 22" Wheels
VA2 Walnut
VL9 Nappa Steering Wheel
418 Exclusive Interior
996 Parking Package

Festertester 01-19-2019 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by CUZCO (Post 7658414)
My dealer called yesterday to inform me that my G63 goes into production April 3 and to expect arrival at the dealership by May 15. I placed the order the second week of August 2018. When I placed the order I was told April/May delivery.

149 White
807 Red
BS2 Red Calipers
J25 Widescreen
RG5 22" Wheels
VA2 Walnut
VL9 Nappa Steering Wheel
418 Exclusive Interior
996 Parking Package

do you know if it’d be ‘19 or ‘20 MY?

rasa 01-19-2019 06:53 PM

Just wanted to pass along an available G63 allocation that is buildable. There is however a small markup.

My sales guy told me mine was awaiting a boat at the port. Should be here in a month.

PM me if you would like my sales guy's contact info

Good luck!

Tjandegi 01-19-2019 06:57 PM

Has anyone optioned the designo espresso brown? Or seen it in person? We're trying to decide between all black or this espresso brown.

kinjal 01-19-2019 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tjandegi (Post 7658718)
Has anyone optioned the designo espresso brown? Or seen it in person? We're trying to decide between all black or this espresso brown.

i optioned it. It looks good. Their are some videos on YouTube that show it. I’ve had black interiors the last 4 cars. Looking forward to a luxurious brown

CUZCO 01-19-2019 07:19 PM

2019, I am sure since the first 19 hasn't even been delivered yet. I would guess the 20's won't be out until late fall. I did decide to change the wood to the VA1 Black Flamed Open-Pore Ash. Dealer told me I had until this coming Friday to make any changes.

NACHE 01-19-2019 07:59 PM

Just got word,my 2019 GTR cpe is being trucked from Long beach,ca ...as, i write this note..to F.Jones..las vegas,NV dealer...Its possible to P U,this afternoon....however...i`ll wait till Tuesday..the SA is off Monday...to P U the GTR.
ITS about time......ordered the car in May 18,build completed 2nd wk Sept.....& sat,sat..in a Germany port....

Perhaps...all is well,that ends well....

Nache
Henderson ,nv.

will175 01-20-2019 09:06 PM

^^ What color is your GTR? Congrats! I'm in Henderson as well.

NACHE 01-21-2019 01:01 AM

Hi Will;
Its #183,Magnetite blk metallic......with,blk Nappa leather/Dinamica..plus options....Whats the info on your GTR......

Henderson...ok neighbor...i live in the Sun city Anthem area.......you ever go to"car/coffee".saturday early morn....located just south of the"M"...i do now & again.....

Do you do any after market upgrades to your cars......i do depending on what car it is.....The Porsche,turbo s....did Sharkwerks exhaust,limo tint...thats it....the Mb
Gla, i might do ....exhaust....H&R springs.....perhaps.....after break in miles....The GTR i`m think....of a few upgrades....after the break-in miles...i`m not looking
forward to the ceramic brake, break in procedure.....had them on,previous cars....its a pain....plus....however there are perks having them.....

For Porsche upgrade work,i use....Trophy Performance.....on 6275 Hinson st...Lv,Nv..........for Mercedes...used to use German motors....the original indy shop...,the guy i knew died some years ago....& his partner....a women..ran it for a while...then sold it to a Frank...last name ?....use him a few times..with only fair
experiences... Do you use an indy shop....for your Mercedes...
The only time i use the dealers`..is for warranty issues....................
Will...........thats the 25 cent tour.....................
Take care.....................Drive safe.................Auf Wiedersehen........................Nache

will175 01-21-2019 02:46 AM

Hey Nache,

I live in Dragonridge County Club. Don't have a AMG GTR, my buddy does and he has a house right near your area. The only Benz I have in the stable right now is my lifted G63 which you can't miss it, and Im sure you must of seen it around since we live not too far from each other. I do have the new G63 and also the AMG GT4 63s coming in. Both share very similar drivetrain. Ill mod them both probably, hahaha. I don't have anything stock in the garages, its a sickness. haha. If you see me on the road says what's up. If I'm not in the G the only other cars that would really stand out is my blacked on Range with Red Anodized Wheels and also my Nero Nemesis Aventador. The other cars are as easy to spot.

We do most of the work ourselves at my buddies shop right down the road from Trophy, on Hinson street as well. Have good one!

-Will

meandmyprs 01-21-2019 05:31 PM

And the wait continues.....

“Maybe” February is the latest I’ve been told.

amg_ghost 01-21-2019 05:34 PM

Corporate called me said 2-3 weeks, dealer eta is Feb 11 my car passed inspection it seems

junc45 01-21-2019 05:39 PM

Thats good news. I dont think Im going to hear anything until mine is actually on a truck to the dealer. Too many false alarms.

meandmyprs 01-21-2019 05:39 PM

That would be great if I am in the same traunch, I’ve gone from being excited to just numb over all of this but looked for alternatives this weekend and found nothing that moved the needle...Bentley boys said their SUV was “stuck” for almost 6 months....February it is (hopefully)

kinjal 01-21-2019 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7660197)
Corporate called me said 2-3 weeks, dealer eta is Feb 11 my car passed inspection it seems

ya I don’t believe anything anymore. A bunch of false rumors from the dealers. I respect my guys for just saying they flat out have no clue

itzitzitz 01-21-2019 06:36 PM

Got a message today that the cars are being shipped out to to the dealers. Waiting on a call back on whether or not this means they've been released from VPC or if they're just making room.

My guy at the dealer has always been very hush about everything and never lead me on so hearing from him makes me think that this is very good news.

benzman333 01-21-2019 08:32 PM

Hope to see mine before President’s week when I head out with family for Caribbean getaway...
Would hate to see mine given away while I’m laying on some beach 🏖

medtner 01-22-2019 02:00 PM

Still no news but I called mbuss

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7657340)
Black, too common
Cream, gets dirty easily

there has been a sudden increase from mbusa in social media about G63. I contacted mbusa in Instagram and they suggested calling customers service. I did and asked for escalation of my inquiry, someone should call me back within 24 hrs. I think that the company needs to hear our frustration so I encourage everyone to fo the same.
When you pay for 150+ car, customer service should be better.

CUZCO 01-22-2019 02:28 PM

My dealer called me Friday evening with "Good News" they said that my allocation had been picked up for an April 3 production and May 15 delivery. I went in yesterday to review the order and discovered I was getting the 20" wheel not the 22" which was on my original order. They tried to slip it by me I think although they claimed they didn't catch it. So the good news turns out to be Bad News. Now I have to wait another 30 days to find out if the 22" wheels are off constraint. I told them if my delivery goes past July 15 I will cancel the order and change to a 2020. Not real happy about this.

amg_ghost 01-22-2019 05:04 PM

Is anyone here going to get the wheel & tire protection insurance? I don’t know if this is only a Canadian thing, i usually get them with cars (low profile tires).

medtner 01-22-2019 05:28 PM

Usually a scam

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7661138)
Is anyone here going to get the wheel & tire protection insurance? I don’t know if this is only a Canadian thing, i usually get them with cars (low profile tires).

I had them multiple times but dealers always found a way not pay for tires when needed. It depends on 3rd party most of the time not MB

benzman333 01-22-2019 06:33 PM

Website update for G

So the MBUSA website now no longer shows the G65 showing the demise of the old G V12
now all we need is the new G63 to replace the old G63
The new G550 obviously has been there a few weeks already
seems like the new G63 is coming

medtner 01-22-2019 06:39 PM

Hope so

Originally Posted by benzman333 (Post 7661223)
So the MBUSA website now no longer shows the G65 showing the demise of the old G V12
now all we need is the new G63 to replace the old G63
The new G550 obviously has been there a few weeks already
seems like the new G63 is coming

social media has been promoting the car, hope we all see it soon

benzman333 01-22-2019 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7661224)
social media has been promoting the car, hope we all see it soon

we need our G’s Gents !!!

amg_ghost 01-22-2019 09:11 PM

I was invited to an early press release for the car show here in Canada, they put a nicely spec’d G63 with a carbon steering wheel. I’m told they should arrive feb beginning to mid. Again I don’t believe it until I have the official word, but here’s some pics of the US spec :)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ffe915850.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...44327d26f.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6328d87a6.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1f8057323.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...12c95f622.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...084c563f3.jpeg

NACHE 01-22-2019 09:50 PM

The "G" cars are very interesting cars......to be sure.

So are the gt cars....................as in my....2019....GTR cpe........that just arrived...today..Las Vegas MB dealer.....i`ll P U..tomorrow...never,ever waited this long for a car.....

Drive safe...everybody.................

Auf Wiedersehen

Nache

Tjandegi 01-22-2019 10:06 PM

I know it's an early thought, but has anyone heard any rumors on changes for the 2020 model? I wouldn't imagine it would be much, but by looking at the 2019 Dealer ordering guide, the 800 leather interiors are missing 802, 803, and 806-I wonder if these will be different colors on the 2020. I really love the nut or saddle browns and would consider waiting if offered on the 2020.

amg_ghost 01-22-2019 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tjandegi (Post 7661418)
I know it's an early thought, but has anyone heard any rumors on changes for the 2020 model? I wouldn't imagine it would be much, but by looking at the Dealer ordering guide, the 800 leather interiors are missing 802, 803, and 806-I really love the nut or saddle browns and would consider waiting if offered on the 2020.

I’d assume more colour options since most magno paints weren’t available for 2019, and somewhat exclusive for the edition 1 model. Doubt there will be any changes at all to be honest.

medtner 01-23-2019 02:52 PM

No news from mbusa

Got the call from one of the executives, the G63 has to be processed acc6to US regulations, no specific date is given for its release .
I expressed my concerns.

amg_ghost 01-23-2019 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7662045)
Got the call from one of the executives, the G63 has to be processed acc6to US regulations, no specific date is given for its release .
I expressed my concerns.

that’s so weird I called corporate with my vin in canada and they gave me a 2-3 week estimate. That’s not even the dealer talking and now you’re being told no date. It’s so bizarre. No timeline given?

medtner 01-23-2019 03:05 PM

Not at all

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7662052)

that’s so weird I called corporate with my vin in canada and they gave me a 2-3 week estimate. That’s not even the dealer talking and now you’re being told no date. It’s so bizarre. No timeline given?

didn't seem to know

itzitzitz 01-23-2019 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7662061)
didn't seem to know

Perhaps the delay in US and not Canada is related to the government shut down?

My salesman told me to expect mid-Februrary as well for deluvery.

JetRanger 01-23-2019 03:12 PM

I know it's an early thought, but has anyone heard any rumors on changes for the 2020 model? I wouldn't imagine it would be much, but by looking at the Dealer ordering guide, the 800 leather interiors are missing 802, 803, and 806-I really love the nut or saddle browns and would consider waiting if offered on the 2020.

You have seen the 2020 DOG?

drew138 01-23-2019 03:53 PM

Assume they will work to integrate the MBUX system into these cars but not sure if that is 2020. MB has been quiet on that front.

meandmyprs 01-23-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7662064)
Perhaps the delay in US and not Canada is related to the government shut down?

My salesman told me to expect mid-Februrary as well for deluvery.

Who knows......i’ve given up guessing. Guess i’ll just be suprused one day.

Waiting-4-550 01-23-2019 05:27 PM

Ridiculous!

Ridiculous!
The US is the biggest G market yet the last to get them.
They've been seen throughout the rest of the world since last April yet the US waits - maybe it's time we start reconsidering

amg_ghost 01-23-2019 05:50 PM

Everyone waiting for their car and bothered by what is happening should at least call corporate. The more people call the more pressure they’ll have and either more info will spill or they’ll finally release them. A lot of people are dropping their allocations and buying uruses nowadays. I can’t believe some people here were promised a car and have to deal with tax exemptions because of poor communication by their dealerships. Reading more posts about wheels being in constraint just has me puzzled into how they can’t get their ish together

Sarlox 01-23-2019 07:16 PM

What? The 800 series interior is not listed on the 2020 DOG? Can someone verify that? That makes zero sense.

Sarlox 01-23-2019 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7662258)
Everyone waiting for their car and bothered by what is happening should at least call corporate. The more people call the more pressure they’ll have and either more info will spill or they’ll finally release them. A lot of people are dropping their allocations and buying uruses nowadays. I can’t believe some people here were promised a car and have to deal with tax exemptions because of poor communication by their dealerships. Reading more posts about wheels being in constraint just has me puzzled into how they can’t get their ish together

The Lambo is an awesome SUV but a totally different animal. I wouldn't think the alternative to the Gwag would be the Urus?

amg_ghost 01-23-2019 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7662350)
The Lambo is an awesome SUV but a totally different animal. I wouldn't think the alternative to the Gwag would be the Urus?

neither do I but locally here a lot of people are opting for an urus because they are tired of waiting. Just so I am clear I am still waiting for my truck. Btw, my friend just got his cullinan, i have to go check it out :p

motorwerksgroup 01-23-2019 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7662258)

Call corporate and do what?? Make them release them? As if they need to be talked into selling $175K vehicles? You think it's in MBs best interest to hold onto this inventory?

A lot of people are dropping their allocations for another product from another brand...big whoopidy do. What a threat. The vehicle is sold out for many seasons to come period. An allocation dropped is one available for someone else to grab.

The release of the 2019 G63 is NOT up to MBUSA. There is an EPA compliance issue and until both parties can meet the criteria, the G63 is on constraint. The vehicle will arrive when it arrives. If MBUSA had a better idea, they would convey it. Right now, it's up to the US authorities to determine that. And anyone willing to listen to the US Government's version of any type of guideline or timetable has a distorted view of reality.

Germancar1 01-23-2019 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup (Post 7662425)
Call corporate and do what?? Make them release them? As if they need to be talked into selling $175K vehicles? You think it's in MBs best interest to hold onto this inventory?

A lot of people are dropping their allocations for another product from another brand...big whoopidy do. What a threat. The vehicle is sold out for many seasons to come period. An allocation dropped is one available for someone else to grab.

The release of the 2019 G63 is NOT up to MBUSA. There is an EPA compliance issue and until both parties can meet the criteria, the G63 is on constraint. The vehicle will arrive when it arrives. If MBUSA had a better idea, they would convey it. Right now, it's up to the US authorities to determine that. And anyone willing to listen to the US Government's version of any type of guideline or timetable has a distorted view of reality.

Finally some reason and common sense. I have never seen so many people drive themselves senselessly nuts over something they have no control over.

M

medtner 01-24-2019 01:26 AM

I think it is an issue of customer service and communication

When the dealer says I don't know and mbusa customer service says did u talk to ur dealer there is a problem. If $ is not an issue , urus starts at 205k but when well optioned it will be easily in 270 range.
A smaller engine option will come in 2 yrs.
RR is in the 340k range but value will drop significantly when in used market. I agree w asking concerned customers to call, just to show that we are concerned, even if this changes nothing.

Tjandegi 01-24-2019 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sarlox
What? The 800 series interior is not listed on the 2020 DOG? Can someone verify that? That makes zero sense.

No I'm talking about the 19 DOG and how it skips 802, 803, and 806. 801 is black, 804 is espresso brown/black, 805 is beige, and 807 is red. I'm just speculating if the missing 802, 803, or 806 might be a nut or saddle brown.

Tjandegi 01-24-2019 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by JetRanger
You have seen the 2020 DOG?

No I'm talking about the 19 DOG.

amg_ghost 01-24-2019 04:44 AM

just because you’re patient doesn’t mean I have to be. Are you aware of dealers telling you it’s government related when other sources including MB employees emailing you saying there’s 4 guys working at port only and that most cats on cars that had arrived had to be physically altered. The aggravation comes with the fake promises. Glad you’re the patient type, all the posts I write here are relevant and informative.

motorwerksgroup 01-24-2019 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7662708)

just because you’re patient doesn’t mean I have to be. Are you aware of dealers telling you it’s government related when other sources including MB employees emailing you saying there’s 4 guys working at port only and that most cats on cars that had arrived had to be physically altered. The aggravation comes with the fake promises. Glad you’re the patient type, all the posts I write here are relevant and informative.

Sure...so don't be patient. Continue being impatient. I hope it changes things... Writing a post about calling MBUSA corporate and badgering them to release said vehicle? I'd say writing THAT post is neither informative nor relevant. Any pragmatic person knows that calling and crying to MBUSA isn't going to make one bit of difference whatsoever...NONE; the car isn't ready for release and MBUSA will decide when it is.

Here's what I am aware of....It's a new car, new model. MBUSA doesn't have an OFFICIAL release date for it. When they do, then you can start pestering them. The G63 isn't even officially configurable on the MBUSA website yet and the 2019 G550 is....and there's a reason for that.

WoodlandsGuy 01-24-2019 06:49 AM

Motorwerksgroup. What color 2019 G63 did you order and when did you put your order in?

places 01-24-2019 08:35 AM

100% and thank you. Some people seem to believe it's a big conspiracy between MBUSA and the dealer network. Some big secret they're not sharing. Hilarious.

motorwerksgroup 01-24-2019 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGuy (Post 7662733)
Motorwerksgroup. What color 2019 G63 did you order and when did you put your order in?

Mine was originally Designo Platinum Magno. However due to the constraints with Magno paint, it’s currently Iridium Silver. My order was placed in May 2018.

kinjal 01-24-2019 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup (Post 7662924)

Mine was originally Designo Platinum Magno. However due to the constraints with Magno paint, it’s currently Iridium Silver. My order was placed in May 2018.

are all Magno colors delayed, except the edition one?

i was torn between Magno Black (not edition one) and designo white. Still kind of regret not going Magno Black - but if they are delayed, then it makes me feel great about going designo diamond white!

Waiting-4-550 01-25-2019 05:05 PM

Government is open
Let's see if things happen

efathalla 01-25-2019 06:36 PM

Hot off the press, my dealer just called me yesterday and stated that more delays are expected due to Government shutdown, everything is pushed back for inspection, updates, etc ...

Jim Brady 01-25-2019 07:24 PM

Since there's a lot of speculation I went to one of the accessible Govt web site to see if I could dig up some useful facts. The California Air Resources Board (CARB) which certifies emissions didn't approve the '19 G63 until 12/20/18 ! Given CA has the toughest smog regs in the US it's highly unlikely its an emission issue hold up. Also nothing gets done between Christmas and New Years due to the vagrancies of the bureaucratic process.
I have a G550 on order with a build date of third week of March but hoping someone drops out of their G63 slot for lack of patience.

amg_ghost 01-26-2019 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Brady (Post 7664268)
Since there's a lot of speculation I went to one of the accessible Govt web site to see if I could dig up some useful facts. The California Air Resources Board (CARB) which certifies emissions didn't approve the '19 G63 until 12/20/18 ! Given CA has the toughest smog regs in the US it's highly unlikely its an emission issue hold up. Also nothing gets done between Christmas and New Years due to the vagrancies of the bureaucratic process.
I have a G550 on order with a build date of third week of March but hoping someone drops out of their G63 slot for lack of patience.

didnt approve something until December 20th 2018. Does that imply that it has been approved since then therefore meaning that the G63 did pass emission inspection ? Please clarify thanks.

Jim Brady 01-26-2019 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7664519)

didnt approve something until December 20th 2018. Does that imply that it has been approved since then therefore meaning that the G63 did pass emission inspection ? Please clarify thanks.

Perhaps I should have phrased this in the positive rather than the negative but brevity leaves some gaps. The CARB emission approval was signed off on 12/20/18 for the model year 2019 G 63. So it passed CA standards. Yes the implication is it passed the toughest standards in the US and not unlike the GLC63 approval it is within the same timeline unless there is another factor other than emissions holding it up.

Waiting-4-550 01-26-2019 11:06 AM

I like the optimism
Now where's my new truck please

amg_ghost 01-26-2019 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Brady (Post 7664597)
Perhaps I should have phrased this in the positive rather than the negative but brevity leaves some gaps. The CARB emission approval was signed off on 12/20/18 for the model year 2019 G 63. So it passed CA standards. Yes the implication is it passed the toughest standards in the US and not unlike the GLC63 approval it is within the same timeline unless there is another factor other than emissions holding it up.

thank you for clarifying. I don’t know how cars get approved down south because I’m in Canada, and we rely on US regulations to pass so we can get our cars here too from my understanding they all follow California emission law. I’m also wondering if each and every single car needs to pass it, which could explain maybe why they haven’t released any? I was also on the fence about it not pertaining to emissions.

WoodlandsGuy 01-26-2019 04:44 PM

Houston Auto Show

I just attended the Houston Auto Show and while at the MB booth spoke to two of their reps about the current G63 “delays”. He recognized that the dealers didn’t have all of the information and suggested that I call MBUSA to try and get more information. And by the way they didn’t have a G63 only a G550 (that was the hottest car of the show that had more of a crowd around it than any other car we encountered at other booths) and they didn’t have an AMG GT or the 2020 GLE. Toyota didn’t have the new Supra as well. Good show otherwise and would suggest attending if local.

medtner 01-26-2019 04:55 PM

Thnx for info

I live in Houston too, was planning to go to the show to see if they bring the G63 but you answered my question.
Hope we get our cars soon, mine coming through MB sugarland

WoodlandsGuy 01-26-2019 05:07 PM

You could hop into all the Honda, Toyota’s Chevy’s Ford’s you wanted to. However as suspected at the Porsche booth the Macan, 911, Panamara all locked. Only Boxster and Cayenne open. All Maclaren’s, Aston Martins basically all the cool cars you wanted to get in were locked. You have better luck getting into those at the dealership. Alfa Romeo had their Stelvio Quadrigoglio unlocked and on display. Had not sit in one. I had my 15 1/2 year old son with me so we were basically car shopping for him. It was great to see so many of the cars in one spot and help him (and me) narrow his search .

amg_ghost 01-26-2019 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGuy (Post 7664891)
I just attended the Houston Auto Show and while at the MB booth spoke to two of their reps about the current G63 “delays”. He recognized that the dealers didn’t have all of the information and suggested that I call MBUSA to try and get more information. And by the way they didn’t have a G63 only a G550 (that was the hottest car of the show that had more of a crowd around it than any other car we encountered at other booths) and they didn’t have an AMG GT or the 2020 GLE. Toyota didn’t have the new Supra as well. Good show otherwise and would suggest attending if local.

yeah that person that spoke to me that told me the cars had physical repairs at customer service was supposed to follow up with me and was asked not to. I’m guessing she said something she wasn’t allowed to say. When I called back last week (Monday they said 3 weeks) but suggested I talk to my dealer. But the dealer knows nothing. And then people will bash us because we’re “impatient”. Truth is, it’s not about patience, it’s about common sense, if someone firmly told me look your car will be here in April, I’ll just be able to plan things accordingly until then. I’m paying 300$ a month since December for a parking spot downtown, to fit the height of the g63, on the pretext that my dealership keeps bumping the date up by two weeks each time.

fuel007one 01-28-2019 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGuy (Post 7664891)

I live in Houston as well and again I ordered the G63 ED 1 in Jan of 2018. In all fairness the Houston Auto Show is a bit underwhelming most of the time anyhow and surprised AMG brought a G-Anything. Although the reps there are very nice I would not put one dime on their solution to a slow delivery of this remake of the G-63. I am fairly well-connected to some at MBZ and, although I am excited about getting this vehicle and have gone toe to toe with MBUSA before(returning a new GTS for a full replacement) I do not think that Corporate in Georgia can do anything about this and if even a regional rep says anything different I would call BS on that too. It is for sure an issue in the States and an issue with the government only made worse with the shutdown. If you doubt that I had 3 tankers enter Galveston over the weekend without Coast Guard Certificates and was told it would require 72 hrs just to get inspections set up rather than the normal 24. This is not some gasbag with an emissions tube waiting to recheck emissions but the US Coast Guard so I can imagine the delays at the VPC due both to the holidays and the shut down. To those who are considering dropping their orders YES you can be assured that your dealer with be 20 deep with a waiting list of FIRM ORDERS from other buyers. This I can guarantee you 1000% and for the ED 1 you do not even want to know the depth of the buyers cuz some of the dealers over-pledged them and are scrambling just to get more than one allocation to their own dealer and NO DEALERS will cough one up.

Just sayin...

Waiting-4-550 01-28-2019 02:47 PM

this waiting is too much

Originally Posted by fuel007one (Post 7666420)
I live in Houston as well and again I ordered the G63 ED 1 in Jan of 2018. In all fairness the Houston Auto Show is a bit underwhelming most of the time anyhow and surprised AMG brought a G-Anything. Although the reps there are very nice I would not put one dime on their solution to a slow delivery of this remake of the G-63. I am fairly well-connected to some at MBZ and, although I am excited about getting this vehicle and have gone toe to toe with MBUSA before(returning a new GTS for a full replacement) I do not think that Corporate in Georgia can do anything about this and if even a regional rep says anything different I would call BS on that too. It is for sure an issue in the States and an issue with the government only made worse with the shutdown. If you doubt that I had 3 tankers enter Galveston over the weekend without Coast Guard Certificates and was told it would require 72 hrs just to get inspections set up rather than the normal 24. This is not some gasbag with an emissions tube waiting to recheck emissions but the US Coast Guard so I can imagine the delays at the VPC due both to the holidays and the shut down. To those who are considering dropping their orders YES you can be assured that your dealer with be 20 deep with a waiting list of FIRM ORDERS from other buyers. This I can guarantee you 1000% and for the ED 1 you do not even want to know the depth of the buyers cuz some of the dealers over-pledged them and are scrambling just to get more than one allocation to their own dealer and NO DEALERS will cough one up.

Just sayin...

So we wait - lucky to have one allocated and at port I guess

kinjal 01-28-2019 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Waiting-4-550 (Post 7666429)
So we wait - lucky to have one allocated and at port I guess

we are an impatient group of boys excited for our new toy.

By spring, we will all be a happy group who feel privileged to have a G63 while so many others wait for another 1+ year.

kinjal 01-29-2019 12:31 PM

JUST GOT WORD. THE G63 is being released TODAY.

IM LOCATED IN CHARLOTTE NC

My car is currently in Brunswick VPC

JetRanger 01-29-2019 12:51 PM

Excellent news! Did word come down from your dealer?

dballs2202 01-29-2019 12:51 PM

UPDATE G73 release

👊🏻💪🏻
We have received the necessary Pricing, Monroney Label, Certificate of Origin sign-offs, and Certifications from Vehicle Compliance & Analysis for the following MY19 model:

MY19 G63W4 463.277

Wholesale activity and shipping of these vehicles will commence Tuesday, 01/29/19 for all Regions.

JetRanger 01-29-2019 12:57 PM

WooHoo! Time to add a shot of green label to your Starbucks 190 degree Vente Latte! This is truly a great day, peeps!

JetRanger 01-29-2019 01:05 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...83e9c0844.jpeg
Hell, make that Blue Label, or maybe a shot of XO!

dballs2202 01-29-2019 01:23 PM

WOOHOO!! G is a rolling.

My post is from the dealer. Amen!!!

efathalla 01-29-2019 02:12 PM

HOT OF THE PRESS. The G63 WAS RELEASED TODAY!!!
Mine is already assigned to a carrier ;)

johnnyderm 01-29-2019 02:15 PM

Amen - we expect lots of reviews and photos. Congrats all.

meandmyprs 01-29-2019 02:26 PM

hallelujah

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7667369)
Amen - we expect lots of reviews and photos. Congrats all.

My dealer just called to confirm my Edition 1 has been let out of jail, 14 months. Takes less time to get a Senna!

RAKLAW 01-29-2019 02:30 PM

A mid March order. Mine was built in late November. Held at Port til VPC had definite release. On the water to VPC Baltimore.
Nice

benzman333 01-29-2019 03:15 PM

It’s released as per my dealer

So just got notice
G63 has been released
Finallllllyyyyyy 😊

medtner 01-29-2019 03:18 PM

Mine too

Thank you all

amg_ghost 01-29-2019 06:40 PM

Who is in Canada here ? Dealers here haven’t gotten the word yet, just wondering if anyone heard anything here. I’ll probably find out by tomorrow. For those in the states, congratulations ! Time to start enjoying your cars!

itzitzitz 01-29-2019 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7667606)
Who is in Canada here ? Dealers here haven’t gotten the word yet, just wondering if anyone heard anything here. I’ll probably find out by tomorrow. For those in the states, congratulations ! Time to start enjoying your cars!

I'm in Canada. Dealer hasn't heard anything yet although they did say that the cars were being shipped out from the VPC last week. Still not clear if that was because of space issues or truly related to a release.

fuel007one 01-29-2019 07:07 PM

They are here

We have received the necessary Pricing, Monroney Label, Certificate of Origin sign-offs, and Certifications from Vehicle Compliance & Analysis for the following MY19 model:

MY19 G63W4 463.277

Wholesale activity and shipping of these vehicles will commence Tuesday, 01/29/19for all Regions.

drew138 01-29-2019 08:18 PM

First dealer !

timberone 01-29-2019 10:16 PM

FINALLY

In the DC area. Got a call from my Dealer today that I can pickup my G63 ED-1 on Thurs.. They want me to take delivery before the end of Jan. so that they can record the sale for the month.....

medtner 01-30-2019 12:52 AM

Very happy they are released but...

My car has been in vpc for 6 months, was it outdoors ? Should I expect the battery to give up soon? Rust, lakes? Does anyone know?

kingg 01-30-2019 12:09 PM

Anyone have updated on Canadian release?

Tjandegi 01-30-2019 02:23 PM

If anyone ordered the exclusive interior package in espresso brown/black, I would love to see some pictures. My build is 3D of March so last minute changes are approaching very soon.

medtner 01-30-2019 08:46 PM

3.9 seconds, amazing

:duh:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26079629/2019-mercedes-amg-g63-zero-to-60-mph/?src=socialflowFBRAT

tbone44 01-31-2019 08:39 AM

its going to be in dealers next few days

tbone44 01-31-2019 08:40 AM

yep mine too dealer called me said will arrive in next few days

kinjal 01-31-2019 02:50 PM

Mine has arrived! CHARLOTTE

💪🏽

medtner 01-31-2019 08:57 PM

Autotrader has 106 listing of new G63

Only one with a real photo.
If they have no allocations, dealers can't play hard to get anymore.

efathalla 01-31-2019 08:59 PM

Mine on the truck arriving tomorrow.

haa 01-31-2019 11:01 PM

Arrived

Snipe10 01-31-2019 11:17 PM

congrats, 120 days out for me

medtner 01-31-2019 11:17 PM

Congratulations

More photos please!

kinjal 02-01-2019 04:48 AM

delivered

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4bab1e5d8c.jpg

efathalla 02-01-2019 06:52 AM

Congrats All and Enjoy your New Beast...

johnnyderm 02-01-2019 12:04 PM

I am so happy this thread is moving from "Where the F is mine" to Reviews and photos and builds soon!!!

natenc 02-01-2019 01:22 PM

NC G63 Edition 1 arrival pics

Raleigh, NC arrival. Pre-Sold.

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of and/or cover the ugly side reflectors?
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5d36ae08e2.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a0ce403b8f.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d12c653507.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c9d27044d2.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...56eb7469ca.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e8d7863537.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f05f66a8ba.jpg

medtner 02-01-2019 01:26 PM

Gorgeous car

Are red seatbelts standard or optional?

natenc 02-01-2019 01:30 PM

I believe the red seat belts are part of the "Edition 1" package but they may also be optional on other models.

medtner 02-01-2019 01:36 PM

Strange...

According to mbusa.com, the amg package on 550 will automatically gets red seatbelts but u can opt out later . I was not given that option when I built my car 14 months ago

natenc 02-01-2019 01:38 PM

I asked the exact same question. They were pretty sure that red seatbelts are NOT standard on the G63 and that you have to specify if you want red seatbelts.

ADRENALINE 02-01-2019 03:05 PM

In Canada the red seatbelts are part of the Amg Night Package.
(Im)patiently awaiting the 63.
Dealer has zero clue regarding delivery status.

medtner 02-01-2019 05:00 PM

178 new G63 listed on autotrader

Some listing have photos, many white, gray and black. Few edition 1. Saw sand beige listed.
Cool activity while waiting for my car. Nice to see different configurations.

medtner 02-01-2019 07:00 PM

Arrived

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...311e42ccd5.jpg
Arrived. Brilliant Blue/ Red and black interior

dunderhi 02-02-2019 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7670475)

Nice! I really like the blue.

amg_ghost 02-02-2019 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7670475)

looks sick, congrats

Germancar1 02-02-2019 02:20 AM

Which blue is that?

M

medtner 02-02-2019 08:49 AM

Brilliant blue

No extra $ for color

medtner 02-02-2019 02:07 PM

Photos

Brilliant blue
red
Piano black wood
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d0c2007703.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9124671444.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a566f4ab54.jpg

Wassaby 02-02-2019 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7671004)
Brilliant blue
red
Piano black wood

That Blue is really nice along with the Green and Orange.

Congrats and Happy Driving

medtner 02-02-2019 06:34 PM

Drove it for a while

Fantastic drive, very smooth compared to previous style. Much more comfortable. Better feel of the road . The technology is very complex and screen dependent. This the only drawback so far but I am not a tech savvy person.

dballs2202 02-02-2019 08:19 PM

break in pd

does it say how many miles for break in period. before u can stomp on it. Car and Driver says 3.9sec to 60mph w a little wheelie action!!!!

medtner 02-02-2019 08:32 PM

Dealer didn't say

It sounds ready, there is a button for sport exhaust

G63NYC 02-02-2019 09:12 PM

After 5 hrs at the dealership.. it’s finally here!

medtner 02-02-2019 09:45 PM

Congrats

Photos please

efathalla 02-03-2019 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by dballs2202 (Post 7671248)
does it say how many miles for break in period. before u can stomp on it. Car and Driver says 3.9sec to 60mph w a little wheelie action!!!!

theres a sticker on the driver side states how treat it for the 1st 1000 Miles.

1000 Miles break in period before you really enjoy it..
and like the rest of the AMG change the diff oil after 1600 miles ..

kinjal 02-03-2019 06:30 AM

2000 miles for break in!

M1M2M3 02-03-2019 01:19 PM

I got G550 and I'm having some challenges getting through the tech stuff as well.

kinjal 02-04-2019 08:58 PM

Who else thinks this car is bad a$$ after receiving it?
im super impressed. Feels and looks significantly bigger and beefier and roomier than the previous. A very unique and perfect blend of contradictions.

The brown exclusive interior is amazing. Night package and 22s as well

ngarvin 02-04-2019 09:22 PM

More pics! Seems everyone went silent, does that mean G's got delivered. Colorado has not yet seen any G63's as far as I can tell.

kinjal 02-04-2019 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ngarvin (Post 7672905)
More pics! Seems everyone went silent, does that mean G's got delivered. Colorado has not yet seen any G63's as far as I can tell.

Tint, emblem and reflector blackout happening on Wednesday. I was going to put nitto trail grappler 33s on it, but it looks so good as is on the pirelli scorpion. Leaving the tires as is for now
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1a3797117.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e6b31b6ed.jpeg

medtner 02-04-2019 10:10 PM

Worth's every penny

Great ride, complete different feeling from previous generation but u still feel in a G.
Best car ever. I test drove the RR, Bentley and lambo SUV, nothing gives u this solid feeling.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...698b33bd95.jpg

Tjandegi 02-05-2019 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by kinjal
Who else thinks this car is bad a$$ after receiving it?
im super impressed. Feels and looks significantly bigger and beefier and roomier than the previous. A very unique and perfect blend of contradictions.

The brown exclusive interior is amazing. Night package and 22s as well

Espresso brown? Any pics?

Hawkeye911 02-05-2019 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7672942)
Great ride, complete different feeling from previous generation but u still feel in a G.
Best car ever. I test drove the RR, Bentley and lambo SUV, nothing gives u this solid feeling.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...698b33bd95.jpg

Does the G63 project the MB emblem when you unluck? Appears that way from the pic, simply confirming in case that’s simply on your garage floor.

Have a G63 inbound. Looked at a G550 at dealer and didn’t notice the projection.

efathalla 02-05-2019 05:21 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6ec658516.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6e1e4c95b.jpeg

Festertester 02-05-2019 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7672909)

Tint, emblem and reflector blackout happening on Wednesday. I was going to put nitto trail grappler 33s on it, but it looks so good as is on the pirelli scorpion. Leaving the tires as is for now
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1a3797117.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e6b31b6ed.jpeg

:y

medtner 02-05-2019 07:36 AM

Yes and it is so nice

Originally Posted by Hawkeye911 (Post 7673063)

Does the G63 project the MB emblem when you unluck? Appears that way from the pic, simply confirming in case that’s simply on your garage floor.

Have a G63 inbound. Looked at a G550 at dealer and didn’t notice the projection.

Still exploring its nice features

johnnyderm 02-05-2019 02:47 PM

If any one is really REALLy bored, can you measure the distance from the back of the truck (end of spare wheel cover) to where the front door hinges are?
I am trying to determine if it will fit in my parking space (so I can open the door without hitting a pole that would be at the front the truck.

Hawkeye911 02-05-2019 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7673098)
Still exploring its nice features

There appears to be a projection of the Mercedes symbol on your garage floor.... is this from the car or is the painted on your floor? Thanks!

medtner 02-05-2019 05:10 PM

Small camera on side mirror

Originally Posted by Hawkeye911 (Post 7673586)

There appears to be a projection of the Mercedes symbol on your garage floor.... is this from the car or is the painted on your floor? Thanks!

it is from the car, once unlocked, a small camera projects the symbol for few minutes

WoodlandsGuy 02-05-2019 06:11 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fc8f06e8a.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...eec956540.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...591607970.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...967131403.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fd4744b9a.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...583e074f0.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d976eb897.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...eb5419d3c.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a75f19050.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ae8e1dfd7.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9eeffa4c7.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...54b5a7eab.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fde134ac9.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ae63f937c.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...467b447bd.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c94f60601.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e737e52e8.jpeg
Dropped by my MB dealership today and was told that my 2019 G63 ED1 was put on a truck Monday (Brunswick VPC) and I should take delivery NLT Friday. The dealership did have several that arrived on the first truck that shipped out last Friday. While there I couldn’t help but snag some pics. All of the G63’s are sold and just being prepped for delivery. Thought I would take some pics and throw them up for those that haven’t been able to touch one yet.

kinjal 02-05-2019 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7672942)

Thats great feedback. I didn’t test drive any other suv’s
I have a Range Rover sport, and this of course is a different league (and different price point). Concur on th solid tank feeling! As a Mercedes junkie and someone who has driven a lot of amg’s... I’m happy. Doesn’t compare to the drive or experience of my cls63 or gts, but this is a different beast. It’s a tank

looking forward to ecu tune at some point

dballs2202 02-05-2019 08:28 PM

Delivered. PA. TANK!!!

medtner 02-06-2019 01:13 AM

Designo blue

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGuy (Post 7673655)

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fc8f06e8a.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...eec956540.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...591607970.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...967131403.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fd4744b9a.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...583e074f0.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d976eb897.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...eb5419d3c.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a75f19050.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ae8e1dfd7.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9eeffa4c7.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...54b5a7eab.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fde134ac9.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ae63f937c.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...467b447bd.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c94f60601.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e737e52e8.jpeg
Dropped by my MB dealership today and was told that my 2019 G63 ED1 was put on a truck Monday (Brunswick VPC) and I should take delivery NLT Friday. The dealership did have several that arrived on the first truck that shipped out last Friday. While there I couldn’t help but snag some pics. All of the G63’s are sold and just being prepped for delivery. Thought I would take some pics and throw them up for those that haven’t been able to touch one yet.

though it was brilliant blue but I think designo is darker and deeper. Thnx 4 sharing

WoodlandsGuy 02-06-2019 06:23 AM

Waiting-4-550 02-06-2019 09:18 AM

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnnyderm 02-06-2019 09:49 AM

wow beautiful. I am skipping the magno matter paint after seeing these!

bigdaddy101004 02-06-2019 10:09 AM

My New G63

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b399736bce.jpg
Front View
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...78e2fb6801.jpg
White/Red interior & Carbon Fiber

Waiting-4-550 02-06-2019 10:58 AM

Best post yet - Nice to know it'll fit in the garage
Might save me a few car washes lol

apbc2 02-06-2019 01:52 PM

My business partner took delivery of his yesterday. We went to dealership 2 years ago to sign up for it. Paid MSRP. It's a beast. The Edition 1 is as great as we expected.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ea9e3c3304.jpg
It's blacker than it looks in photos.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f75454aedd.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c4072fb416.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...645a3d0909.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...55e8542332.jpg

efathalla 02-06-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7673590)
it is from the car, once unlocked, a small camera projects the symbol for few minutes

Mine isn't not as bright as the GLS or the S63.

efathalla 02-06-2019 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7673449)
If any one is really REALLy bored, can you measure the distance from the back of the truck (end of spare wheel cover) to where the front door hinges are?
I am trying to determine if it will fit in my parking space (so I can open the door without hitting a pole that would be at the front the truck.

Here you go ;)

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...51e21e606.jpeg

efathalla 02-06-2019 08:18 PM

Beautiful day today @ the delivery bay today ;)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a38ee87fd.jpeg

ADRENALINE 02-06-2019 09:11 PM

Congrats! What colour is this? Look like AMG NIGHT PACKAGE ?

Silvir00 02-06-2019 09:53 PM

VPC Certification

Has anyone heard that the delay on delivery was due to American insurance companies forcing Mercedes to reflash the ECU of AMG models because Mercedes have been under-rating the horse power ratings of these models and
had to flash the computer to the horsepower rating quoted in their literature in order to receive certification for the road in North America.
A seasoned AMG salesman told me this .Renntech was the source of the power discrepancy figures.

????

Silvir00 02-06-2019 10:07 PM

I forgot to mention, GREAT PICS of your G63's!
Nice to see them in the flesh.
My dealership says my G63 will be here mid next week ,but i'm not holding my breath.
Toronto.

amg_ghost 02-06-2019 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silvir00 (Post 7674921)
Has anyone heard that the delay on delivery was due to American insurance companies forcing Mercedes to reflash the ECU of AMG models because Mercedes have been under-rating the horse power ratings of these models and
had to flash the computer to the horsepower rating quoted in their literature in order to receive certification for the road in North America.
A seasoned AMG salesman told me this .Renntech was the source of the power discrepancy figures.

????

a lot of car companies under value their numbers too, curious to see how this will affect new vehicles arriving. I heard through corporate on the phone, and by brabus a month and a half ago that some cars needed to have their catalityc converters replaced physically. There was probably a ton of issues that caused the delays

Festertester 02-06-2019 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by dballs2202 (Post 7673785)

nice! First silver seen delivered !! Gorgeous ! Congrats !

kinjal 02-06-2019 10:31 PM

Has anyone done any mods yet? Mine is in the shop for emblem blackout, reflector blackout, tinted taillights and windows.
‘I think I’m going to pull the trigger on some off road tires to put on the black 22” amg wheels

Silvir00 02-06-2019 10:33 PM

Interesting .Thanks for your input.

All my G-wagons come with almost 60 Km on the clock when I receive them.
Do have you or anyone else have similar mileage on the clock on delivery?
I always wonder if some test driving goes on before I receive them.
I'm such a fanatic I don't let the delivery touch my truck before delivery beyond PDI.
I want my trucks as it rolled off the carrier.They fight me a bit but they always relent.

amg_ghost 02-06-2019 10:40 PM

????

a lot of car companies under value their numbers too, curious to see how this will affect new vehicles arriving. I heard through corporate on the phone, and by brabus a month and a half ago that some cars needed to have their catalityc converters replaced physically. There was probably a ton of issues that caused the delays

Silvir00 02-06-2019 10:40 PM

I have a patient in corporate MB Canada, and he told me an e-mail tonight that the delay (at least for Canadian G63's) was due to having to re-flash the ECU.
Made me thing what I heard from salesman (patient) could be correct. But as we all know we really never know for sure.

amg_ghost 02-06-2019 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silvir00 (Post 7674963)
I have a patient in corporate MB Canada, and he told me an e-mail tonight that the delay (at least for Canadian G63's) was due to having to re-flash the ECU.
Made me thing what I heard from salesman (patient) could be correct. But as we all know we really never know for sure.

thanks it’s always nice to get a few bits of info!

efathalla 02-07-2019 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Silvir00 (Post 7674959)
Interesting .Thanks for your input.

All my G-wagons come with almost 60 Km on the clock when I receive them.
Do have you or anyone else have similar mileage on the clock on delivery?
I always wonder if some test driving goes on before I receive them.
I'm such a fanatic I don't let the delivery touch my truck before delivery beyond PDI.
I want my trucks as it rolled off the carrier.They fight me a bit but they always relent.

Mine was 40 exact

efathalla 02-07-2019 06:42 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...13690a005.jpeg
Let's see how that goes? I'll stick with the G or go back to the S!

Waiting-4-550 02-07-2019 10:58 AM

One can construct G63 on MBUSA.com as of today - it's about time

RAKLAW 02-07-2019 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Waiting-4-550 (Post 7675304)
One can construct G63 on MBUSA.com as of today - it's about time

My G63 is on a carrier as we speak.
Sure hope it runs better than the MB USA build site. Its a mess :)
Cardinal Red/Expresso Brown. All options except ED1. Kinda tired of the black out look

Wassaby 02-07-2019 03:26 PM

Graphite Grey. Some people just like that analog cluster.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1646f7b936.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...bbbec1bdbc.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...beba42dfca.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...25cc3c8c7a.jpg

itzitzitz 02-07-2019 03:31 PM

Its a beauty. Do you mean selenite grey? Also did you specifically have to ask to get the analog dash?

Wassaby 02-07-2019 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by itzitzitz (Post 7675577)
Its a beauty. Do you mean selenite grey? Also did you specifically have to ask to get the analog dash?

041 designo graphite metallic. You don't ask for analog, the J25 12.3” Widescreen Instrument Cluster is a stand alone option so if you don't get that you stay with the analog.

itzitzitz 02-07-2019 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7675580)
041 designo graphite metallic. You don't ask for analog, the J25 12.3” Widescreen Instrument Cluster is a stand alone option so if you don't get that you stay with the analog.

Oh ok. Looked very much like selesele grey which is what I ordered. I kind of wish I would have gotten graphite after seeing yours.

I am in Canada, and I think the 12.3 screen is standard here for the instrument cluster based on the option sheet that I got. You have to ask for the analog specifically.

Meeru 02-07-2019 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by apbc2 (Post 7674442)
My business partner took delivery of his yesterday. We went to dealership 2 years ago to sign up for it. Paid MSRP. It's a beast. The Edition 1 is as great as we expected.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ea9e3c3304.jpg
It's blacker than it looks in photos.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f75454aedd.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c4072fb416.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...645a3d0909.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...55e8542332.jpg

what was the wait time from the moment you ordered it?

medtner 02-08-2019 01:23 AM

Prepaid maintenance on G63

MB advertised 4 yrs / 40k miles for $1965. Houston dealers were quoting around $2700, I paid $2490 before seeing advertised price.
Did anyone purchase this plan?
how much?

apbc2 02-08-2019 11:13 AM

We gave a deposit 2 years ago lol

johndong888 02-08-2019 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7676021)
MB advertised 4 yrs / 40k miles for $1965. Houston dealers were quoting around $2700, I paid $2490 before seeing advertised price.
Did anyone purchase this plan?
how much?

Robbery. U should be able to cancel it. Audi/MB, I believe MSRP is also their best price. I've tried a few times to negotiate

medtner 02-08-2019 11:52 AM

MB flipped cost by mistake

Originally Posted by johndong888 (Post 7676254)
Robbery. U should be able to cancel it. Audi/MB, I believe MSRP is also their best price. I've tried a few times to negotiate

Just heard back from dealer , MBUSA flipped the cost of prepaid service, listed for $1965 on G63 and $2490 for G550 while it should be the opposite!

johndong888 02-08-2019 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7676280)
Just heard back from dealer , MBUSA flipped the cost of prepaid service, listed for $1965 on G63 and $2490 for G550 while it should be the opposite!

That actually would make total sense. I was just wondering today on the G63 config why the maintenance package is so cheap compared to the outgoing model.

WoodlandsGuy 02-09-2019 08:55 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2ca7b0b5d.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...01dfa03ee.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...eac76ea8a.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d70d219b4.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6161439a5.jpeg
2-9-19 Delivery. Well worth the wait. I never owned previous Gen G. The characteristics that so many do love did not appeal to me at all. What did was the design, capability, sturdiness and just cool factor. When going through the delivery process we were interrupted constantly with customers wanting to climb in look around and see the 2019. With such limited availability and when they do show up they are out the door within hours to those that purchased months ago. Once customers actually get to see them and put their hands on one they will go ahead and throw down a deposit and order one. While no one wants to pay over MSRP so we ordered forever ago. Probably not a bad idea for dealers to have at least one G63 on the showroom floor with a big markup that just sits there so customers can touch and feel and order one to be here in 9 months or you can pay 50k today and walk out with this one. Just happy to have finally picked it up and I appreciate all of you on this board for your comments and feedback that have helped me with my purchase and being informed during this process.

medtner 02-09-2019 09:08 PM

Congratulations

Fantastic edition, enjoy

WoodlandsGuy 02-09-2019 09:17 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...48e3714b8.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ca58a3c13.jpeg
Forgot to post this pic. Spare tire on the ED1 appears to be the 20’ AMG Multispoke that’s offered on the G550.

dballs2202 02-09-2019 09:48 PM

2019 G63. Active Lane Keeping Assist

For those who have driven their new ride.
Active Lane Keeping Assist. the steering wheel vibration i was used to from prior car. the braking and steer correction part if u keep going off the road is a little crazy. Will get used to it. dont think u can have just the vibration mode can you? Can you turn it all off?
also Standard vs Adaptive? seems from what i read that Adaptive will go off less often..?..

amg_ghost 02-10-2019 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by dballs2202 (Post 7677536)
For those who have driven their new ride.
Active Lane Keeping Assist. the steering wheel vibration i was used to from prior car. the braking and steer correction part if u keep going off the road is a little crazy. Will get used to it. dont think u can have just the vibration mode can you? Can you turn it all off?
also Standard vs Adaptive? seems from what i read that Adaptive will go off less often..?..

i think you can disable LKA by using on of the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel (I.e where the night vision is on the s class) correct me if I’m wrong

Silvir00 02-10-2019 08:28 PM

You can for sure turn it off .Look in driver assistance menu and disable.

Alex_Spider 02-11-2019 10:15 AM

Would anyone have pictures of a G63 in Iridium silver without the night package?

Curious how it will look.

Thanks

Alex_Spider 02-11-2019 10:16 AM

Would anyone have pictures of the new G63 in Iridium silver without the night package?

Thanks

dballs2202 02-11-2019 10:44 AM

2019 G63.

mine has night pkg w Iridium. posted pics last week.

Hey, wow, 1 week of driving and my windshield is cracked. MuthaFu**a!!!! Had a rock hit this morning on way to wrap shop. Does anybody know of a coating or way to protect these vertical windshields? nano/ceramic vs a ppf type ??

pateljb 02-11-2019 10:50 AM

There is a film just like PPF for the windshield called Clearplex. I don't have it on my cars but my understanding is that they can even put a couple layers of it on so you can peel if off if you gets chips. Very handy for guys that track the car.

Ceramic coating won't help for rock chips, only film will prevent the chips.

Festertester 02-11-2019 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by dballs2202 (Post 7678680)

Hey, wow, 1 week of driving and my windshield is cracked. MuthaFu**a!!!! Had a rock hit this morning on way to wrap shop. Does anybody know of a coating or way to protect these vertical windshields? nano/ceramic vs a ppf type ??

Cracked windshields look like a common theme yet in your case actual rock hit it. I think putting thin clear film like suntex or lightest tint might help.

Post some pics though ...

dballs2202 02-11-2019 11:04 AM

2019 G63 windshield crack

johnnyderm 02-11-2019 11:21 AM

Yeah I think this is the 4th report on the forum so far of cracking. Seems like the pressure might be too hard on the glass.

johnnyderm 02-11-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by WoodlandsGuy (Post 7677510)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...48e3714b8.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ca58a3c13.jpeg
Forgot to post this pic. Spare tire on the ED1 appears to be the 20’ AMG Multispoke that’s offered on the G550.

That is disappointing you don't get a 5th ED1 wheel. For $5k Thought you would... Does the 22" wheel set up have a taller vertical? Or same height as the 20" I wonder. (Forget the tire that comes on them both obvi a shorter wall on the 22" vs 20" ).

efathalla 02-11-2019 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by dballs2202 (Post 7678680)

I heard a lot of good reviews on this, but I haven't tried it myself.
I was planning to get quotes on my G63

http://www.braygroup.com/

dballs2202 02-11-2019 09:52 PM

2019 G windshield

this is one my tint guy mentioned.

http://getexoshield.com/

but i am also looking into a coating as opposed to a film....DiamonFusion https://dfisolutions.com/automotive-market-sector/

dunderhi 02-12-2019 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Silvir00 (Post 7678262)
You can for sure turn it off .Look in driver assistance menu and disable.

The menu option does not exist on the ’19 G550. One needs to press and hold the button to the left of the steering wheel after every engine start. In my experience the implementation of LKA is dangerous in the ’19 G. It nearly caused an accident when the guy next to me drifted into my lane. I swerved to avoid him and LKA pushed me right back towards him. Luckily he reacted and we didn't crash. I turn mine off every time.

Wassaby 02-12-2019 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Alex_Spider (Post 7678660)
Would anyone have pictures of a G63 in Iridium silver without the night package?

Thanks

I posted a G550 in that combination. It should give you a good ideea.

ngarvin 02-12-2019 09:42 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0866d09d97.jpg
Arrived in CO today. Finally here.

medtner 02-12-2019 09:46 PM

Congratulations

Gorgeous colors

Waiting-4-550 02-13-2019 10:30 AM

Just got call mine is in - Picking her up tonight :zoom::cheers::thankyou::naughty::love::rice:

rasa 02-13-2019 11:26 AM

Here's a picture of ours. It's coming from Fort Meyers, FL to Southern CA. Thank you to our awesome sales guy, Brantley Williams (Brantley.Williams@mercedesoffortmyers.com). He was able to secure a build-able allocation just 2 months ago. I think he has another if anyone is interested.

Mojave Silver Metallic
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...71dd79a660.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8170fb97b1.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3b30009959.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4e32898641.jpg

Germancar1 02-13-2019 03:38 PM

The amount color choices available for the G inside and out is amazing. That is the beauty of a largely hand built vehicle vs Mercedes regular cars. Mercedes should offer these stunning colors on other models or do they still have the option to paint any of their cars in any color for a 1K "special charge"? A AMG C63 or S63 Coupe and Cabriolet would look stunning in Mojave Silver Metallic.

M

RAKLAW 02-13-2019 03:55 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5c280777be.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...57529263d4.jpg
My G63 arrived today, designo Cardinal Red/Expresso/Brown with designo Natural Fiddleback Ash
Truck has Pirelli P Zero 22 unlike the many I've seen with Goodyear F1

pateljb 02-13-2019 04:17 PM

Beautiful color, is that Cardinal Red? Would you mind posting a shot once you have it outside in sunlight and another shots of the interior seats. I wanted the espresso but my wife says may not see the difference with the rest of the black interior but sure looks good on your car.

Good luck with your new baby!

RAKLAW 02-13-2019 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by pateljb (Post 7680824)
Beautiful color, is that Cardinal Red? Would you mind posting a shot once you have it outside in sunlight and another shots of the interior seats. I wanted the espresso but my wife says may not see the difference with the rest of the black interior but sure looks good on your car.

Good luck with your new baby!

Thanks.
Will post when weather clears up

Jiggs1000 02-13-2019 06:15 PM

Looks great. Congratulations. I’ve been told that the night package cannot be ordered with the silver alloy 22 inch wheels. Apparently that’s BS. Yours does have night package?https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5c280777be.jpg
My G63 arrived today, designo Cardinal Red/Expresso/Brown with designo Natural Fiddleback Ash
Truck has Pirelli P Zero 22 unlike the many I've seen with Goodyear F1[/QUOTE]

Festertester 02-13-2019 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by RAKLAW (Post 7680797)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5c280777be.jpg

Congratulations - verbnjce combo!

‘Nice interior.. I have the same one ! :)

Did you choose speed delimiter option? I’m assuming pirelli p-zeros are summer rubber..I got same summer tires stock for my 911-4S

RAKLAW 02-14-2019 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jiggs1000 (Post 7680946)
Looks great. Congratulations. I’ve been told that the night package cannot be ordered with the silver alloy 22 inch wheels. Apparently that’s BS. Yours does have night package?https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5c280777be.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Mine does not have night pkg

RAKLAW 02-14-2019 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7681203)

Congratulations - verbnjce combo!

‘Nice interior.. I have the same one ! :)

Did you choose speed delimiter option? I’m assuming pirelli p-zeros are summer rubber..I got same summer tires stock for my 911-4S

Yes I have the 149MPH option for delimiter,
I havent picked up truck yet but I presume the Pirellis are summer rubber with the V speed rating

RAKLAW 02-14-2019 05:38 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c2d3740b5f.jpg
No night pkg.

Jiggs1000 02-14-2019 10:43 AM

Mine does not have night pkg[/QUOTE]

I see now. I was confused as one pic has a 550 similar color in it apparently with night package. Thanks for the clarification. Congrats again. She's a beauty.

RAKLAW 02-15-2019 03:55 AM

In reply to a PM
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...96ae2479d0.jpg

benzman333 02-15-2019 06:24 AM

True Black on black on black

johnnyderm 02-15-2019 09:53 AM

Whoa! That is seriosuly epic looking. I actually love how the bull bar looks on it in what looks like a matte chrome. I opted for the night package but this is dope!

Waiting-4-550 02-15-2019 10:53 AM

First Impressions

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7682145)
Whoa! That is seriosuly epic looking. I actually love how the bull bar looks on it in what looks like a matte chrome. I opted for the night package but this is dope!

Agreed I wasn't sure about matte bumper till i saw it - it's hot, the contrast is really nice in person
Also the stainless steel around the back tire is dope as well

What's also peculiar is that I got the 22 inch forged wheels in black with flat black paint which on MBUSA website isn't possible (I really wanted the flat black and didn't want the obsidian black which is less of a true black)
I may indeed have a very Unique ride

BTW the diamond quilted seats are beautiful and very comfortable

Ride compares well to my Range Rover which I traded this for

Festertester 02-15-2019 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by RAKLAW (Post 7682031)

thanks! This is ‘all season’ performance tire. That’s all I neede to know.

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...ll-season-plus

carforhire 02-17-2019 02:08 PM

Looks awesome having the brush guard in chrome even with the optional 22 inch wheels in black. I couldn't configure that to see what it would look like, it always blacked it out.

benzman333 02-17-2019 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by carforhire (Post 7683736)
Looks awesome having the brush guard in chrome even with the optional 22 inch wheels in black. I couldn't configure that to see what it would look like, it always blacked it out.

exactly - my combo not possible on MBUSA configurer but there she is
might have something to do with placing my order last April before there was any configurer in MBUSA
Glad I got her and she be a rare combo

dballs2202 02-17-2019 08:08 PM

2019 G

drew138 02-18-2019 12:52 PM

Saw this online the other day at a dealer and immediately changed my spec. Should be here in June/July. Curious what others think:
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...66680d9cd.jpeg

kinjal 02-18-2019 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7684469)
Saw this online the other day at a dealer and immediately changed my spec. Should be here in June/July. Curious what others think:

it looks great. If that suits you and your personality, you should do it. Color is all about preference and self expression. The green is unique!

nycg63 02-18-2019 06:08 PM

Is that emerald or olive? looks awesome. I didn't consider the greens till I saw your post.

rasa 02-18-2019 06:10 PM

I really like it! Unique. Reminds me of the Classic Land Rover Defender Green.

Good Luck

drew138 02-18-2019 06:38 PM

Design Olive. My spec was obsidian with night package. but this one is pretty nice. have always loved the greens back to the old defender styles.

Wassaby 02-18-2019 07:17 PM

Beautiful color

JozWagon 02-18-2019 07:34 PM

do the new g550/g63 come with silver or black lug nuts? i cant tell on most pics..

haa 02-18-2019 07:59 PM

20 and 21 inch wheels have silver lug nuts. Can’t see the lug nuts on 22 inch wheels but they are also silver under the center hub cap.

johnnyderm 02-19-2019 09:03 AM

This is the coolest new G i have seen. thanks for sharing. Absolutely awesome looking. I went with Lunar Blue but now considering a change. My house is green though which could be weird...

efathalla 02-19-2019 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by nycg63 (Post 7684745)
Is that emerald or olive? looks awesome. I didn't consider the greens till I saw your post.

The best color I ever saw in a G63.
Enjoy the ride ;)

dunderhi 02-19-2019 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by nycg63 (Post 7684745)

For comparison: Emerald Green

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...651fc2748a.jpg
‘19 G550

Hawkeye911 02-20-2019 06:44 PM

Now that G63’s are freely flowing to dealers, I’m interested in feedback on timing once they arrive at port.

Live in Florida. G63 is supposed to arrive at port on March 1.

How much longer thereafter is typical to get to dealership, prepped and ready for customer pick up?

Can’t wait ..... and keep the pics coming, love to see them. (Ours is Cardinal Red with the Night Package.... not seeing a lot of these, but love the pics I’ve seen)

benzman333 02-20-2019 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye911 (Post 7686817)
Now that G63’s are freely flowing to dealers, I’m interested in feedback on timing once they arrive at port.

Live in Florida. G63 is supposed to arrive at port on March 1.

How much longer thereafter is typical to get to dealership, prepped and ready for customer pick up?

Can’t wait ..... and keep the pics coming, love to see them. (Ours is Cardinal Red with the Night Package.... not seeing a lot of these, but love the pics I’ve seen)

port to dealership and out the door to you is 2 weeks
at least that was my experience

JetRanger 02-20-2019 07:28 PM

Seems like the logistics and timeframes vary a lot amongst dealerships. My MB dealer says once my G63 is actually produced/manufactured, I can expect a 60 day interval before it arrives at the dealership. I have purchsed many other new Mercedes vehicles from my salesman, dating all the way back to 1997 (never a G63, though), and I have to admit he is correct that it typically has taken like 2 months for the car to roll in after it has been manufactured. Seems like I have read posts here quoting substantially shorter timeframes from manufacture date to delivery, so I gues it just depends on what dealer is involved.

places 02-20-2019 07:53 PM

Love that combo.

DrLevis 02-21-2019 12:57 AM

Opinion on colors

Great pics of G-Class. Any opinion on the best color combination will be great. I was going to place an order for 2019 G63 AMG with designo Platinum Magno (matte), but the wait was until August. So I ordered with Selenite Grey metallic to get the order in. I then changed to designo Graphite metallic. I also changed to Silver brake calipers. I have not seen these colors of pain or brake calipers in person. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

​​​​​​​
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...029080852b.jpg
Graphite + Silver brakes

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b0fc476fd8.jpg
Graphite + red brakes

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d3a0d7b1f6.jpg
Gray + red brakes

johnnyderm 02-21-2019 09:28 AM

It's a personal decision. Me, for any grey color, i'd opt for Red Calipers only so it gives some contrast on the truck. Other wise it is alot of grey (Paint, calipers, discs). I'd go with the designo paint too!

places 02-21-2019 10:06 AM

I like the red calipers, silver calipers disappear (which is not a bad thing for some). I like the contrast and the "pop" of the red, its not too much.

RAKLAW 02-22-2019 08:32 AM

Picked up my G last night. Roads in the NorthEast are a mess with salt and grit so I just drove home and garaged for time being. Just in the few mile drive no question much more grunt and sound than the MY14 I had.
The interior and controls is a huge improvement and the ride control with damping is fantastic.
Delivery concierge spent 30 minutes going over systems and controls but honestly I just wanted to pair my phone and car play, make it loud, pick sport plus and manual shift, :) and take off. Honestly it was very helpful and the system control is a steep learning curve compared to prior G's
Going today to match front windows to rear window tint shade.
was very happy to see that the OEM Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asymmetrico are all season tires .So glad they are not dedicated summer tires, so with the limited dry weather winter driving I will do with the truck I wont have to be concerned with temperature below 46 degrees.
Thanks AMG

johnnyderm 02-22-2019 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by RAKLAW (Post 7688164)
Picked up my G last night. Roads in the NorthEast are a mess with salt and grit so I just drove home and garaged for time being. Just in the few mile drive no question much more grunt and sound than the MY14 I had.
The interior and controls is a huge improvement and the ride control with damping is fantastic.
Delivery concierge spent 30 minutes going over systems and controls but honestly I just wanted to pair my phone and car play, make it loud, pick sport plus and manual shift, :) and take off. Honestly it was very helpful and the system control is a steep learning curve compared to prior G's
Going today to match front windows to rear window tint shade.
was very happy to see that the OEM Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asymmetrico are all season tires .So glad they are not dedicated summer tires, so with the limited dry weather winter driving I will do with the truck I wont have to be concerned with temperature below 46 degrees.
Thanks AMG

But where are the photos? :-)

twist-a-grip 02-22-2019 10:31 AM

Pre 19 Gs don't sell if they don't have the designo Nappa leather upgrade so almost every one has it, but it seems very few have checked this box for these new trucks. In fact, other than the E1s, I'm not sure I've even seen one with this upgrade. Why?

johnnyderm 02-22-2019 11:00 AM

I skipped the seat upgrade. I just felt the AMG seats looked good enough and the $2k option for the upgrade was all I needed. I feel the overall G is much softer looking now. The extra plush diamond stitched seats just felt too much posh for me. I wanted something more rugged. Just me though.

Festertester 02-22-2019 07:22 PM

That’s awesome. I also love the fact that these are all season tires!

Sarlox 02-23-2019 04:31 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...82f5b08a8d.jpg
8 series
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6af7c73779.jpg
8 series
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...057c8ae7ad.jpg
8 series
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...daaa3bc80f.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0e4b5642ae.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e16adccc9c.jpg
8 series

Originally Posted by twist-a-grip (Post 7688231)
Pre 19 Gs don't sell if they don't have the designo Nappa leather upgrade so almost every one has it, but it seems very few have checked this box for these new trucks. In fact, other than the E1s, I'm not sure I've even seen one with this upgrade. Why?

Yeah, I don't know why either. In my view, the interior (other than the 8 series) looks industrial and cheap (no offense to anyone that went that route). I think MB could have done a better job on the lower option seat cover choices.

CUZCO 02-24-2019 11:45 AM

Sarlox, is the wood in your G63 the VA1 Desingo Black Famed Open-Pore Ash?

dunderhi 02-24-2019 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7689196)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...82f5b08a8d.jpg
8 series

Yeah, I don't know why either. In my view, the interior (other than the 8 series) looks industrial and cheap (no offense to anyone that went that route). I think MB could have done a better job on the lower option seat cover choices.

I went went with industrial and cheap, since I plan to keep my G much longer than my usual 2-3 yrs. In my experience, without constant care, higher grade automotive leathers only look good for maybe two years. If I could have, I would have spec’d out my G with MBTex which will look the same in five years without an ounce of maintenance. I know others will say that high grade Nappa leather will last decades, but it hasn’t been my experience.

P.S. I did get a Piano Black which will show scratches in time, but I think it deemphasizes the black surround on the NAV screen, so I decided to take a chance.

johnnyderm 02-25-2019 01:53 PM

While I didnt go for a too exciting of a color, I am loving these alternative black colors:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a22d5922f7.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f543f5ecb7.jpg

drew138 02-25-2019 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7690570)
While I didnt go for a too exciting of a color, I am loving these alternative black colors:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a22d5922f7.jpg

Another example of the designo olive. if you look closely it looks like someone retrofitted carbon ceramic breaks on it. i find it odd that MB didn't offer this as an OEM build option. It's a $9k option on the E63 AMG wagon and i would have ticked the box in a heartbeat just to avoid the break dust. Does anyone have details on a Carbon Ceramic Break retrofit for the new Gs? This one also has the side markers deleted. This will be one of the first mods I make as well. Looks so much better. If anyone finds the P/N or a supplier of the euro version side trim, please post up.

Sarlox 02-25-2019 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by CUZCO (Post 7689677)
Sarlox, is the wood in your G63 the VA1 Desingo Black Famed Open-Pore Ash?

Yeap, that's the one!

johnnyderm 02-25-2019 04:29 PM

Drew - the side marker delete is going to be very easy and cheap. A bit of black vinyl placed on top will do the trick and retain some safety from the reflection. Agree it'd be awesome to have the carbon breaks on the beast. Surprised not offered or maybe reserved for the G73?

WoodlandsGuy 02-25-2019 04:42 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9b6a268da.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...dbecb58b0.jpeg
I had both of my side reflectors covered in black vinyl this weekend. Looks great.

drew138 02-25-2019 05:56 PM

Upon further inspection I noticed the green G above actually has film over the side markers. Seems like a super easy mod. May still look for the OEM Euro side trim and replace if not too expensive.

Also, found the source pic from platinum group IG page and there is a video as well worth checking out:

Looks like they painted the calipers. Good mods but I'm still interested in carbon if anyone figures out a source/lead.

motorwerksgroup 02-26-2019 01:40 AM

Calipers are definitely painted. We've done this to AMG GT-S' many times...in that color

Bibendum 02-26-2019 11:47 PM

Car looks so gorgeous in that metallic green. Brave choice and it works so well. Looks like LA. Hope I get to see it on the street.

Just. So. Nice!

johnnyderm 02-28-2019 03:24 PM

Does anyone have any intel on european delivery option for the G? Would be a cool way to get one in the future. Not sure they had it for the previous gen.

JetRanger 02-28-2019 03:35 PM

While we’re on the subject, anyone got any intel on snagging a grey Euro 350d, and shipping it stateside?

johndong888 02-28-2019 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7693535)
Does anyone have any intel on european delivery option for the G? Would be a cool way to get one in the future. Not sure they had it for the previous gen.

unfortunately it was never allowed. Quite the bummer

medtner 02-28-2019 08:29 PM

It is made in a military factory

Graz, Austria. You need a special permit to visit, it can be arranged in advance but not for a European delivery of the car. The factory gives the total number of civilian production each year but not the military line.

mbniubi 03-01-2019 01:42 PM

anyone in canada has gotten their G already? been waiting for 5 month now.

mbniubi 03-01-2019 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7693535)

No point, as far as my understanding g is not made by mercedes it's made by Magna who is like an oem factory for cars.

lllmojo 03-01-2019 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by mbniubi (Post 7694469)
anyone in canada has gotten their G already? been waiting for 5 month now.

I got mine almost two weeks ago, my dealer is already delivered 10+ G63 since then.

medtner 03-02-2019 03:27 PM

Raised red hubcaps

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...91f9e00628.jpg
To match break calipers and interior

Germancar1 03-03-2019 01:27 AM

You guys are really buying these things, Mercedes sold 1,165 G-Classes in February 2019. I don't ever remember a time where the G outsold the S-Class or went over 1000 units in a single month!

M

amg_ghost 03-03-2019 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 7695709)
You guys are really buying these things, Mercedes sold 1,165 G-Classes in February 2019. I don't ever remember a time where the G outsold the S-Class or went over 1000 units in a single month!

M

whats your point? Value will decrease?

medtner 03-03-2019 01:44 AM

High volume sale

Is related to the fact that many new Gs have been waiting un the vpc for more than 6 months and were all released in the same time. My dealer can't get any new one before mid 2020, I have already asked about crazy colors that may get released in 2 yrs.

Germancar1 03-03-2019 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7695711)

No point other than they are selling like hotcakes.

M

medtner 03-03-2019 02:00 AM

Compared to other high end SUV

Like RR, Lambo Urus and Bentley, the G63 is the best value for $

motorwerksgroup 03-03-2019 07:43 AM

Unfortunately all black 22" wheels are still on constraint as well as the Magno paint (for the North American market). Since mine had the night package spec'd, my car is still on constraint...

places 03-03-2019 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7695711)

I think it's safe tp say that values will decrease. Certainly not increase.

johnnyderm 03-03-2019 09:21 AM

I really like the black / carbon surrounding the air conditioning vents. Imagine this will become a pretty normal accessory / update/upgrade we will see in alot of 2019+ G's. This is from Brabus, but suspect much cheaper options too.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...22f596c7c1.png

Source: Brabus Official Instagram Page

CUZCO 03-03-2019 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7695387)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...91f9e00628.jpg
To match break calipers and interior

MEDTNER how did you do the Red around your center caps, I have a White with Red interior on the way.

medtner 03-03-2019 10:38 AM

Red hubcaps

Can be bought from any MB dealer. Installation requires removing wheels .

chsu74 03-03-2019 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Germancar1

M

From delayed deliveries. Only the next 4-6 months will have true volume. I think volume will increase from a more road friendly drivability redesign but there is a lot more competition at this price range today.

drew138 03-03-2019 01:46 PM

The center console in carbon does seem like an obvious and good looking mod. That brabus interior is really spectacular.

josephoneill 03-04-2019 11:31 AM

Where are you located?

Germancar1 03-04-2019 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by chsu74 (Post 7695909)
From delayed deliveries. Only the next 4-6 months will have true volume. I think volume will increase from a more road friendly drivability redesign but there is a lot more competition at this price range today.

Either way, my point is that they're selling.

M

GTBNYC 03-05-2019 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by chsu74 (Post 7695909)

You're right. The sales are Feb sales are greatly inflated due to the ridiculous delay and many months backlog with the G63. If you look at G-Class sales in Europe (where G63 was available from the get go and has been available for 8 months now), they aren't really much improved over the old model. I think the G-Class will always remain a niche vehicle, no matter what improvements there are. The look is certainly not for everyone. I'd prefer it that way too.

JetRanger 03-05-2019 01:48 PM

OTOH, if MBUSA would wake up and offer the G350d for sale in the US...

GTBNYC 03-05-2019 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by medtner (Post 7695718)
Like RR, Lambo Urus and Bentley, the G63 is the best value for $

Those are on completely different price levels. The G is cross shopped with maybe a V8 Supercharged/Autobiography Range Rover not Rolls-Royce. No one buys Rolls for value, they buy it for bling and exclusivity. I drove one over the weekend and it I think it's kind of overrated - doesn't feel as opulent as a Phantom, and the tech is weaker than it's cheaper competition. Does flash very well though.

Jim Brady 03-05-2019 02:15 PM

????

Sound like your watching too much CNN. An anonymous source told an AMG sales agent who told you that an insurance companies (unknown) FORCED Mercedes! Total BS.

GTBNYC 03-06-2019 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7697963)
OTOH, if MBUSA would wake up and offer the G350d for sale in the US...

Will never understand why they don’t.

amg_ghost 03-06-2019 10:49 AM

Just got mine, cheers, it’s been a wait but worth the wait !

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...31a745b2d.jpeg

Germancar1 03-06-2019 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by GTBNYC (Post 7698558)
Will never understand why they don’t.

Cost. They'd have to certify a diesel engine in the U.S. and just for a few sales. Doesn't make sense unless they offered the new I6 diesel across several model lines. You can thank VW for basically killing diesel for the Germans in this country. They're too scared to attempt it again.

M

Festertester 03-06-2019 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=amg_ghost;7698639]Just got mine, cheers, it’s been a wait but worth the wait !

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...31a745b2d.jpeg[/QU
OTE]

congrats!!

amg_ghost 03-06-2019 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=Festertester;7698947]

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7698639)
Just got mine, cheers, it’s been a wait but worth the wait !

[/QU
OTE]

congrats!!

thank you !

johnnyderm 03-11-2019 03:13 PM

G Members, just sharing a post I saw from Intally1984 on instagram. One of the best shots ive seen, particularly the water flowing out of the lower wheel gaps etc.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...840ca0a047.jpg

Wassaby 03-11-2019 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7702778)
G Members, just sharing a post I saw from Intally1984 on instagram. One of the best shots ive seen, particularly the water flowing out of the lower wheel gaps etc.

Nice but i hope that is not salt water.

johnnyderm 03-13-2019 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by dballs2202 (Post 7679222)
this is one my tint guy mentioned.

http://getexoshield.com/

but i am also looking into a coating as opposed to a film....DiamonFusion https://dfisolutions.com/automotive-market-sector/

Let us know if you go with the Diamond Fusion and what it is like?

JetRanger 03-13-2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7702869)
Nice but i hope that is not salt water.

Which is why you simply drive the car through your local car wash. Salt water problems solved. :)

Sarlox 03-13-2019 04:57 PM

Nope, once the salt gets in, a simply car wash will not remove.

JetRanger 03-13-2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7704689)
Nope, once the salt gets in, a simply car wash will not remove.

Tommy's Car Wash would totally handle cleaning off salt water. One is being built in my area. Whoopie!

http://www.tommycarwash.com/

motorwerksgroup 03-14-2019 02:41 AM

Nope, that wouldn't get inside every single crack and crevice.

Festertester 03-16-2019 04:42 PM

I’ve learned that MB is prioritizing orders from Asia, especiallly China, as there’s a lot more demand and MB dealers making a lot of margins. My g63 has been in the queue for 2 months now but still build hasn’t been kicked off. There are actually US customer g wagons that have been built and sitting in Austria for 2-3 wks as they’re prioritizing shipments to China and building those configurations over US...

Hawkeye911 03-16-2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7707193)
I’ve learned that MB is prioritizing orders from Asia, especiallly China, as there’s a lot more demand and MB dealers making a lot of margins. My g63 has been in the queue for 2 months now but still build hasn’t been kicked off. There are actually US customer g wagons that have been built and sitting in Austria for 2-3 wks as they’re prioritizing shipments to China and building those configurations over US...

Certainly possible. I can say everything went perfectly according to plan with my build. Shipped as planned from Austria and we picked it up a few days ago (even exited Jacksonville, FL port for our dealership less than two days after landing).

Festertester 03-16-2019 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye911 (Post 7707267)
Certainly possible. I can say everything went perfectly according to plan with my build. Shipped as planned from Austria and we picked it up a few days ago (even exited Jacksonville, FL port for our dealership less than two days after landing).

good for you! :y

johnnyderm 03-20-2019 11:10 AM

There's a live auction going for a Polar White G63 ending in 9 hours.

The build was $167k. Currently it is at $165k (9hours to go). It has about 1000miles on it.

Interesting to see where it lands:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-G-Clas...sAAOSwNRJciZ-l

Beautiful ride.

drew138 03-21-2019 02:22 PM

Sold for $169k

CUZCO 03-21-2019 04:46 PM

It did NOT sale, Reserve was not met.

drew138 03-21-2019 07:13 PM

Thanks for catching that. my bad!

Crfiv 03-21-2019 08:16 PM

Relisted for 239K ��

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-G-Clas...YAAOSwcchckwg~

pateljb 03-21-2019 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Crfiv (Post 7711559)

so when you can’t sell for previous listed price increase it by $80k and maybe you’ll have better luck, LOL!

GTBNYC 03-22-2019 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by pateljb (Post 7711592)
so when you can’t sell for previous listed price increase it by $80k and maybe you’ll have better luck, LOL!

lmao.

ridculous and out of touch. my dealer is “only” trying to get $15k above list and no one seems to be biting since it has been at that dealer for two weeks already. feels like production is moving along quite well and wait times are dropping. Unless you’re severely brain damaged, there is no demand for $230k marked up g wagons.

these theiving dealerships need to give it up already.

motorwerksgroup 03-31-2019 09:35 AM

Well...consider that such asking prices keep our purchased G-wagons' residuals at higher levels; generally-speaking

medtner 03-31-2019 11:16 AM

Houston market

Was told by a dealer that he sold 30k over.
Few other high end dealers got G63 and sold 15 to 30k over. I think this will not last long. Remember that same thing happened w Range Rover when it was first introduced. I personally think that we can still sell one year later at 10% over since all new orders are filled.

main 04-01-2019 04:08 PM

Actually, a G63 was sold for $350k on AutoTrader about a week ago... (in Canada)

ReturnoftheG 04-06-2019 05:39 PM

So annoyed right now. A sales person at Lokey in Clearwater FL supposedly put my order in a month ago, at which time he said 6 months wait. I contacted the sales manager today and he said my order was never even put in and they’re at 12-18 months. Another dealer is estimating 7-10 months but wants 10k over MSRP. Anyone know a Florida dealer asking MSRP with wait under a year?

ketjupiter 04-06-2019 06:41 PM

Palm Beach told me 6 months on a G550 and 1 year on a G63 at sticker....that was about a month and a half ago.

kartik1030 04-07-2019 10:02 AM

Anyone know when the "hype" will die down? I'm in between ordering one (6-8 months lead time) or paying a super high premium for one. I've been to the dealer and they kept saying you can order one, but your price will not be guaranteed; meaning if the market is still hot when it arrives in Oct-Dec, I will have to pay the premium - any pointers?

medtner 04-07-2019 10:47 AM

G63 has been always in high demand

Even w previous body style, I couldn't get any discount on new model, used resale value was the best compared to any MB model. I bought a used 2015 crazy color edition one, 2k miles, sticker 159 k paying 140k, traded in 2 yrs later getting 114 k.
I knew the GM manager personally and he told me that all what he could do was few thousands $ discount on a new one in stock but not on a new order, again this was for the old style.

pdeacon 04-07-2019 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by kartik1030 (Post 7725932)
Anyone know when the "hype" will die down? I'm in between ordering one (6-8 months lead time) or paying a super high premium for one. I've been to the dealer and they kept saying you can order one, but your price will not be guaranteed; meaning if the market is still hot when it arrives in Oct-Dec, I will have to pay the premium - any pointers?

I can't predict when the hype will die down but it will. I am opposed to paying a premium over sticker so I would suggest you wait it out. I'm doing that myself even though my dealer has told me I would get a discount because of the relationship I have with the dealer and the volume of cars I have done with them. I'm also in the process of thinning out the "herd" so am not in any rush to be adding another vehicle at this time. Let things percolate and see what happens. I can't imagine things getting worse than they are at the moment as is evidenced by the alleged premiums being asked for. Whether those premiums are actually paid is another question.

Wassaby 04-07-2019 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ReturnoftheG (Post 7725539)
So annoyed right now. A sales person at Lokey in Clearwater FL supposedly put my order in a month ago, at which time he said 6 months wait. I contacted the sales manager today and he said my order was never even put in and they’re at 12-18 months. Another dealer is estimating 7-10 months but wants 10k over MSRP. Anyone know a Florida dealer asking MSRP with wait under a year?

63 or 550?

ReturnoftheG 04-07-2019 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wassaby (Post 7726182)
63 or 550?

motorwerksgroup 04-08-2019 09:56 PM

My inclination is that G63s are sold out for 2019 MY and 2020 MY orders are what are being currently filled. I would say that it may be well over another year before demand finally dies down. Heck, the magno paints are still not available for 2019 models in North America. I have a feeling that it will be MY2020 before they are more readily orderable.

johnnyderm 04-10-2019 12:07 PM

If you are hungry now :-) https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Merced....c100752.m1982

JetRanger 04-10-2019 12:21 PM

Not a bad asking price, except unfortunately, it does not have the awesome upgraded roof liner, nor the no holds barred speed delimiter tune.

johnnyderm 04-10-2019 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7728572)
Not a bad asking price, except unfortunately, it does not have the awesome upgraded roof liner, nor the no holds barred speed delimiter tune.

I am pretty sure it has the upgraded ceiling/lining. I asked the seller to confirm for us. Also, this will be a fun one to watch: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Merced....c100167.m2940

UPDATE: Confirming it is the Dynamica headliner (All G63s have the same headliner we think)

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3cdd3fb459.jpg

Sarlox 04-10-2019 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7728552)

It's got the cheap interior. Asking way too much for how it is optioned. Pass

JetRanger 04-10-2019 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7728736)
Asking way too much for how it is optioned.

Not to mention it's sans the awesome G63 "speed delimiter" AMG no holds barred souped-up racing re-tune.:)

JATT63AMG 04-10-2019 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup (Post 7727281)
My inclination is that G63s are sold out for 2019 MY and 2020 MY orders are what are being currently filled. I would say that it may be well over another year before demand finally dies down. Heck, the magno paints are still not available for 2019 models in North America. I have a feeling that it will be MY2020 before they are more readily orderable.

Ive got a Magno Black G63 @ VPC- eta @ dealer (BC, Canada) April 18th.

ReturnoftheG 04-11-2019 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup (Post 7727281)

I’ve heard conflicting things on this - and someone posted their platinum magno here already, think they were in the US. My dealer wasn’t aware of any issues with the magno paints, he said he is expecting a yellow olive magno in soon.

nycg63 04-12-2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by pdeacon (Post 7726047)
I can't predict when the hype will die down but it will. I am opposed to paying a premium over sticker so I would suggest you wait it out. I'm doing that myself even though my dealer has told me I would get a discount because of the relationship I have with the dealer and the volume of cars I have done with them. I'm also in the process of thinning out the "herd" so am not in any rush to be adding another vehicle at this time. Let things percolate and see what happens. I can't imagine things getting worse than they are at the moment as is evidenced by the alleged premiums being asked for. Whether those premiums are actually paid is another question.

It's hard to predict when the hype will subside, but it definitely will. I made a deal for my 2018 911 GT3 in March 2018 at over MSRP. At that time I was so thankful that I was at least able to get one so I was happy to pay over. Currently you can find 2018 and 2019 GT3s at MSRP or even below. You still see dealers listing them for above MSRP but they don't seem to be moving. I expect the same thing to happen with the G63.

I contacted my local dealer in February this year regarding my interest in a G63. At the time they had zero visibility as to when the allocation would become available but said that I would be next. Fast forward to today and the dealer informs me I was able to get a July build. Looking forward to finalizing my spec.

kartik1030 04-12-2019 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by nycg63 (Post 7730335)
It's hard to predict when the hype will subside, but it definitely will. I made a deal for my 2018 911 GT3 in March 2018 at over MSRP. At that time I was so thankful that I was at least able to get one so I was happy to pay over. Currently you can find 2018 and 2019 GT3s at MSRP or even below. You still see dealers listing them for above MSRP but they don't seem to be moving. I expect the same thing to happen with the G63.

I contacted my local dealer in February this year regarding my interest in a G63. At the time they had zero visibility as to when the allocation would become available but said that I would be next. Fast forward to today and the dealer informs me I was able to get a July build. Looking forward to finalizing my spec.

That’s awesome to hear! Did they say anything about pricing? Are you going to have to pay market price, whatever it may be, when it arrives?

nycg63 04-12-2019 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by kartik1030 (Post 7730338)
That’s awesome to hear! Did they say anything about pricing? Are you going to have to pay market price, whatever it may be, when it arrives?

@ msrp. It’s true the market could soften a little in the next few months but it’s probably not going to be a huge swing either way.

CUZCO 04-13-2019 01:42 PM

Just spoke with my dealer and found out that my production date of the second 10 days of May has moved up to the first 10 days of May. Been waiting since last August so it is good news to me.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...96e256cf2.jpeg

Festertester 04-13-2019 03:18 PM

Awesome!

Looks like you and I are in lockstep! I also placed an order last August and the build date is May 6th! I expect delivery around first week of July if not end of June...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1e2366128.jpeg

CUZCO 04-13-2019 03:31 PM

I was originally told to expect two months from build date to delivery however today they said it's really more like one month from build to delivery. The build date they gave me today was May 9. They also said that once it was in transit they would email me a link where I could track it's progress while on the ship. Hopefully both of ours will arrive by mid June. I have never waited on an ordered unit this long. Just put my 17 GLS 550 up for sale today.

Festertester 04-13-2019 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by CUZCO (Post 7731284)
I was originally told to expect two months from build date to delivery however today they said it's really more like one month from build to delivery. The build date they gave me today was May 9. They also said that once it was in transit they would email me a link where I could track it's progress while on the ship. Hopefully both of ours will arrive by mid June. I have never waited on an ordered unit this long. Just put my 17 GLS 550 up for sale today.

yes this would be the longest for me too. Hope that it’s here by mid June too, however, it depends where in the US as east coast deliveries are much earlier than the west coast...and I’m in the west coast. My 911 took 6 months and Range Rover took 9
months since it was in SVO exclusive shop for almost 3 months....this is going to break Range Rover’s record ..

JATT63AMG 04-13-2019 06:22 PM

(Canada) Placed Order Aug 2018, got allocation December 2018, Build started January 2019, Arrived VPC Apr1st, still waiting...Designo Matte Black
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0bbb1fbd92.png

Meeru 04-14-2019 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by JATT63AMG (Post 7731381)
(Canada) Placed Order Aug 2018, got allocation December 2018, Build started January 2019, Arrived VPC Apr1st, still waiting...Designo Matte Black
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...0bbb1fbd92.png

Hey, which dealership was this?

JATT63AMG 04-14-2019 04:38 PM

Kelowna MB

JATT63AMG 04-23-2019 09:39 AM

Picked up yesterday
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2b9739b7c.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d67125c6f.jpeg

Festertester 04-23-2019 06:11 PM

Wicked combo -looks amazing! Congrats

JATT63AMG 04-23-2019 11:13 PM

thanks!

RAKLAW 04-24-2019 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by JATT63AMG (Post 7740190)
thanks!

Very nice
No bull bar...Canada?

JATT63AMG 04-24-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by RAKLAW (Post 7740455)
Very nice
No bull bar...Canada?

Thanks. Didn't opt for it (Optional Extra- $1400)

kode701 04-25-2019 09:39 PM

just arrived yesterday!
ordered in aug 2018

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...425bc617f6.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...12fb08b9e9.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ae41e5ccc4.jpg

kode701 04-25-2019 09:44 PM

nice!! carbon fiber steering wheel looks amazing! I'm going to have to switch my steering wheel

ReturnoftheG 04-25-2019 11:42 PM

Nevermind

Sarlox 04-26-2019 10:57 PM

Looks awesome my man! I got the same combo in a G550. So pro :smokin:

kartik1030 05-03-2019 05:09 PM

Anyone getting their G's earlier than expected? I put my order in but was told at least 1 year before it arrives

Tjandegi 05-03-2019 10:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally arrived! I haven't seen too many with the espresso brown interior so thought I'd post a good picture of the color. Really great in person.

Festertester 05-04-2019 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tjandegi (Post 7748065)
Finally arrived! I haven't seen too many with the espresso brown interior so thought I'd post a good picture of the color. Really great in person.

very nice, congrats. I got mine in espresso too with Ashwood and all leather steering wheel. In build now!!

Tjandegi 05-04-2019 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Festertester
very nice, congrats. I got mine in espresso too with Ashwood and all leather steering wheel. In build now!!

We got the dinamica because the DOG showed it was the only one that the airbag cover was in leather, but found out that's not the case after the build. Disappointing but it does feel nice.

Festertester 05-04-2019 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tjandegi (Post 7748146)
We got the dinamica because the DOG showed it was the only one that the airbag cover was in leather, but found out that's not the case after the build. Disappointing but it does feel nice.

it actually looks great and goes nicely with the headliner

reymusic 09-29-2019 01:00 PM

ordered mine in June 2018 and the dealer told me build date is first week of oct 2019 now I wonder how long it will take for me to receive the car in Miami fl.

Wassaby 09-29-2019 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by kode701 (Post 7741957)
just arrived yesterday!
ordered in aug 2018

Congrats on your G. Can you please post a pic where the whole car is visible?

sam9187 09-29-2019 03:22 PM

Congratulations
How do you like the matte black?
Please share your thoughts
I have a matte black on order but I am currently thinking of changing to obsidian black

drew138 09-30-2019 02:16 PM

Looks great! Congrats!! 2019 or 2020?