MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   G63 Winch Mount Solution? (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/728651-g63-winch-mount-solution.html)

JesseRohr 11-28-2018 10:37 PM

G63 Winch Mount Solution?

Confession, I work in the aftermarket parts world and have my entire adult life. We don’t sponsor this forum so I’ll spare you the details as it’s not fair to those paying sponsors.

That said, I have industry friends from all walks of the industry. A contact of mine is willing to take a peak at an idea I have for a winch mounting plate that would work with the factory bumper.

I was curious how many other G63 owners were interested in mounting a winch to their rig. Right now there aren’t any options. It’s the difference between a one off permanent design vs a production bolt on solution.

Chime in if you think it’s worth pursuing.

hhuytho 01-11-2019 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by JesseRohr (Post 7615988)
Confession, I work in the aftermarket parts world and have my entire adult life. We don’t sponsor this forum so I’ll spare you the details as it’s not fair to those paying sponsors.

That said, I have industry friends from all walks of the industry. A contact of mine is willing to take a peak at an idea I have for a winch mounting plate that would work with the factory bumper.

I was curious how many other G63 owners were interested in mounting a winch to their rig. Right now there aren’t any options. It’s the difference between a one off permanent design vs a production bolt on solution.

This is a great idea. I am planning to do solo offroading with my G63 in the near future so the ability to mount a winch would be great. However, the most important improvement for offloading would be a way to protect the side exhausts. These are the first things to be crushed.

kngreene 03-04-2019 06:33 PM

Yes!

Please do!!

3WD 03-04-2019 06:41 PM

Hello,

From our understanding the reason they don't have it for G63 is because of the parktronic sensors. No matter how you fab the winch mount, the mount will trigger the sensors unless you are able to relocate them.

Like mentioned before, this is from our understanding and figure we'd share.

Thank you!

JesseRohr 03-05-2019 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by 3WD (Post 7697261)
Hello,

From our understanding the reason they don't have it for G63 is because of the parktronic sensors. No matter how you fab the winch mount, the mount will trigger the sensors unless you are able to relocate them.

Like mentioned before, this is from our understanding and figure we'd share.

Thank you!

That’s true if you were going to mount it in front of the bumper. The trick is mounting it in the proper spot, in front of
the grill on top of the bumper.

Texas E63 06-09-2019 09:26 AM

I'd get interested for my new to me 2013 G63....... It's replacing a fully built 200 LC that had a winch - so would love to have the option of that again....

E

3WD 06-10-2019 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Texas E63 (Post 7774666)
I'd get interested for my new to me 2013 G63....... It's replacing a fully built 200 LC that had a winch - so would love to have the option of that again....

E

Hello,

Email us for details, LeTech offers a kit that will fit your G63.

Thank you!

drew138 06-10-2019 06:02 PM

LeTech appear to have a solution for the 2019 Gclass

3WD 06-10-2019 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Texas E63 (Post 7774666)

E

Sorry, the wrench is for the 2019..Our mistake..=D

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7775714)
LeTech appear to have a solution for the 2019 Gclass
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxjS2Z_Hs-o/

Yes it is.... =)

fernweh 07-12-2019 04:49 PM

We do carry a winch bumper for the 2014 - 2018 Mercedes-Benz G-wagen.
If interested please contact gwagenaccessories@gmail.com

https://www.g-wagenaccessories.com/c...r-2016-g-wagen

Ersatzs2 07-14-2019 10:22 PM

463A Winch

More photos I was sent for the LeTech winch mount

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1a328432ac.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...21958482b3.jpg

SLWWGN 07-26-2019 06:21 PM

IMP kit

I saw this image from the IMP body kit with the winch kit. Not sure how/if it interferes with the sensors though. Anyone with experience with it?

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8aaa2f841.jpeg

BadReligion 07-26-2019 07:39 PM

I would like to see a steel, frame mounted bumper with integrated winch that also provides some protection for the turbo intercoolers as they hang a bit low. Relocating the parking distance sensors into a new bumper is not complicated, but retaining the sensor for the adaptive cruise control may be difficult.

2016-AMG-G63 02-13-2022 04:05 PM

I've been searching high and low for a front winch bumper for my 2016 G63. It seems there is nothing available out there. G Wagen Accessories has something listed on their site but it apparently is not available and it says "contact us about this item." Behind the OEM bumper, it appears to be all radiator and intercooler. :(

I'm currently building my G63 to do serious off-road work, and a winch is a must, IMO. I don't want to be out there using a HiLift Jack to winch when the need arises.

So far, lack of aftermarket support is one of the biggest negatives to owning a G Wagon. I mean, the vehicle is essentially unmodified for 40 years and there's no offroad community for this triple-locked monster? Insane.

3WD 02-13-2022 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2016-AMG-G63 (Post 8512081)
I've been searching high and low for a front winch bumper for my 2016 G63. It seems there is nothing available out there. G Wagen Accessories has something listed on their site but it apparently is not available and it says "contact us about this item." Behind the OEM bumper, it appears to be all radiator and intercooler. :(

I'm currently building my G63 to do serious off-road work, and a winch is a must, IMO. I don't want to be out there using a HiLift Jack to winch when the need arises.

So far, lack of aftermarket support is one of the biggest negatives to owning a G Wagon. I mean, the vehicle is essentially unmodified for 40 years and there's no offroad community for this triple-locked monster? Insane.

Hello,

DM us and we can further assist you but there are 2 companies that offer a front bumper winch mount for the G63. Letch and ORC just came out with one, but need to confirm of ORC will fit the G63. (From the pictures, it looks like it does)

Thank you!