MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   2019 G550 Reliability?? Seats not working (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/730781-2019-g550-reliability-seats-not-working.html)

TNMICH 12-20-2018 06:34 PM

2019 G550 Reliability?? Seats not working

After only 700 miles on the 2019 G, the massaging seats, lumbar support and side bolster operations have stopped working. Dealer says it is a control module and may have to order one from Germany if one is unavailable in the states.

Anyone else having trouble with the seats or other malfunctions?

Sarlox 12-20-2018 09:20 PM

Not the seats, but the LED light on the drivers side that light up the heated seats doesn't glow. So the part is on order. Otherwise, all gucci.

dunderhi 12-20-2018 11:33 PM

No issues here.

SierraFoxtrot 12-21-2018 12:43 AM

My wife is fairly certain that the driver has a screw loose...
I do have a bit of wind whistle on the forward section of the front passenger door. I am half deaf, so not much bother to me. My kids pointed it out. I think it is the door seal...
The rear USB charge port got pushed in, by an over exuberant kid. I pulled the back of the center console off and took apart the rear ashtray. I found that the USB PCB had been pushed out of the housing. It is not very secure, so I used some epoxy to secure the PCB and the backing cover. Better than new...

pdeacon 12-21-2018 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by SierraFoxtrot (Post 7635385)
I do have a bit of wind whistle on the forward section of the front passenger door. I am half deaf, so not much bother to me. My kids pointed it out. I think it is the door seal...
The rear USB charge port got pushed in, by an over exuberant kid. I pulled the back of the center console off and took apart the rear ashtray. I found that the USB PCB had been pushed out of the housing. It is not very secure, so I used some epoxy to secure the PCB and the backing cover. Better than new...

I don't think I have ever heard of a G Wagon without "a bit of a wind noise". MB silent driving is reserved to the S Class, in my experience. None of the other models even come close....and I've owned most of them over the years.

Sarlox 12-21-2018 01:31 PM

Ok, new issue, I can't permanently override the auto start/stop. I can push the button and turn it off while driving, but as soon as I turn the G550 off and then back on, the auto start/stop is engaged again. When I go to the screen it shows the feature as "OFF" so something is up there?

bob23456 12-21-2018 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by SierraFoxtrot (Post 7635385)

I’m located in Europe and have this issue and had the dead LED heated seat symbol on the driver’s door seat control panel mentioned in another post above (this was replaced and now works.)

The whistling on mine comes from the rear passenger side window at climate control fan speeds above 3, even when the car is stopped. The whistling stops when air recirculation is enabled, or any windows is slightly open. My conclusion is that the cabin exhaust air venting (which happens via the vertical external vents behind the rear most windows on each side) isn’t able to cope with the amount of air being pushed through the cabin, allowing the cabin pressure to rise enough to leak through the least tight window seal, causing the whistle. When testing this in my garage with the engine off, outside the car I could hear whistling from the rear tailgate seal as well. A lot of air also exits the vents, at high fan speeds almost like blow-dryers...

My dealer checked the exhaust vents and they seem to be in spec, but also found the whistling issue on the two other Gs they had on hand, they have contacted MB for further information.

Two other issues I have:
1. There is an intermittent squeaking (for lack of a better term) coming from the windshield defroster vent when going over bumps.
2. While accelerating trough the 2500-3000 range a very slight resonant vibration can be felt in the steering wheel (this doesn’t happen when the car (G500) is in neutral or park.)

Despite these issues I love the G!

pdeacon 12-21-2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlox (Post 7635778)
Ok, new issue, I can't permanently override the auto start/stop. I can push the button and turn it off while driving, but as soon as I turn the G550 off and then back on, the auto start/stop is engaged again. When I go to the screen it shows the feature as "OFF" so something is up there?

You are OK. The stop/start cannot be permanently disabled on a Benz. You need to push the defeat button every time you start the vehicle. It becomes a routine procedure fairly quickly. At least for me it has. Happy motoring.

SierraFoxtrot 12-22-2018 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by bob23456 (Post 7635820)
I’m located in Europe and have this issue and had the dead LED heated seat symbol on the driver’s door seat control panel mentioned in another post above (this was replaced and now works.)

The whistling on mine comes from the rear passenger side window at climate control fan speeds above 3, even when the car is stopped. The whistling stops when air recirculation is enabled, or any windows is slightly open. My conclusion is that the cabin exhaust air venting (which happens via the vertical external vents behind the rear most windows on each side) isn’t able to cope with the amount of air being pushed through the cabin, allowing the cabin pressure to rise enough to leak through the least tight window seal, causing the whistle. When testing this in my garage with the engine off, outside the car I could hear whistling from the rear tailgate seal as well. A lot of air also exits the vents, at high fan speeds almost like blow-dryers...

My dealer checked the exhaust vents and they seem to be in spec, but also found the whistling issue on the two other Gs they had on hand, they have contacted MB for further information.

Two other issues I have:
1. There is an intermittent squeaking (for lack of a better term) coming from the windshield defroster vent when going over bumps.
2. While accelerating trough the 2500-3000 range a very slight resonant vibration can be felt in the steering wheel (this doesn’t happen when the car (G500) is in neutral or park.)

Despite these issues I love the G!

Thank you! Very interesting write up. My son (11) also came to the conclusion that it had something to do with the fan speed. I leave mine on "auto" but when we lowered the speed the whistle disappeared. I am not too concerned, but will be curious if they find a fix...

morley8000 12-24-2018 08:25 AM

Correct! MB have a known problem with the whistle from the passenger vent. No where for the air to escape. Our dealer is waiting for the fix from MB. Hard to believe they allow cars out with an obvious fault like this?

SierraFoxtrot 12-24-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by morley8000 (Post 7637600)
Correct! MB have a known problem with the whistle from the passenger vent. No where for the air to escape. Our dealer is waiting for the fix from MB. Hard to believe they allow cars out with an obvious fault like this?

I agree, they just figure they can fix that later. Funny thing, mine sat at the VPC, for 3 months; they could have overhauled the truck in that time...

docduc 01-10-2019 09:44 AM

1. the light on driver heater button wasn't lighting up for a while now it seems to.

2. my sea tbelt warning keeps on after the first time I use the seat belt ( most of the times) so I have to undo and reapply the seat belt on the drivers side to make it go away.

Sarlox 01-11-2019 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by docduc (Post 7650572)
1. the light on driver heater button wasn't lighting up for a while now it seems to.

2. my sea tbelt warning keeps on after the first time I use the seat belt ( most of the times) so I have to undo and reapply the seat belt on the drivers side to make it go away.

I had the same issue with my 2019 G550 (the light on the driver heater button wasn't lighting). The Dealer picked up the vehicle and replace the LED light.

zevrosenthal 01-12-2019 01:33 PM

same exact passenger side wind noise issue at high speed; otherwise no issues - 2019 G550 now a month old ..

mpshah 01-22-2019 03:57 AM

Hello everyone.

I just got the delivery of the 2019 G500 (Middle East).

So far no major issues but I am definitely hearing a distorted sound from the front driver seat speaker while playing music especially if the bass is cranked up to level 2 and above. I'm not sure if this is normal as mine came with the standard audio system (not Burmeister).

If anyone is experiencing the same issue please throw some light.

emmutnyc 01-25-2019 08:05 PM

Only issue here is the wind whistle of the driver's side. Otherwise no issues.