MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   19 G550 problems already, anyone else? Happened in old models? (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/732559-19-g550-problems-already-anyone-else-happened-old-models.html)

marcolarco52 01-10-2019 07:01 PM

19 G550 problems already, anyone else? Happened in old models?

My brand new 19 G wagon is having a bunch of error codes popping up? The messages popping up are as follows:
  1. Active Lane Keeping Assist Inoperative
  2. <Traction control symbol> Inoperative See Operator's Manual
  3. Active Distance Assist Inoperative
  4. Active Brake Assist Functions Limited See Operator's Manual
  5. Blind Spot Assist Inoperative
  6. Also from time to time the Automatic high beams functions turn off
The dealer has yet to figure it out they've the the truck for a few days. They couldn't reproduce the error after they "reset" the system and updated some things. Then when I left the dealer it happened all again so I returned and left it with them.

Any ideas could be the culprit or if anyone else has had these issues on their 19 or previous models even of any Mercedes vehicles?

My thinking is it could be a problem with the blind spot sensors causing everything to turn off.

Thank you!

G8rh8rtampa 01-10-2019 07:46 PM

No issues

Sorry I have had no issues at all with mine

pdeacon 01-10-2019 08:25 PM

Sounds like you've gotten off to a bad start with this unit. My strategy would be to give the dealer an appropriate amount of time to correct these issues. Say two weeks. If they are unable to perform...for any reason....have them buy it back. The longer you wait the more difficult a buy back becomes. These trucks represent a sizable investment for what they are. I wouldn't waste time chasing build flaws especially with an initial run vehicle. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

Deutsch100 01-10-2019 09:51 PM

We have not had ANY of these issues in any of our G-Wagens (we are up to #10 now :) So sorry you are experiencing this on an all new model. These kinds of things, can plague a new model....any brand (not unique to Mercedes).

places 01-11-2019 09:16 AM

I have a 2018 model and although pretty new, it has been 100% so far. It's the first year of a new model. there may be some bugs that need to be worked out but MB will take care of it.

marcolarco52 01-11-2019 10:44 AM

From what I've been reading online it all seems to be tied into one thing which is either the blind spot system malfunctioning or the "radar system", since they are all related. Going to see if the dealer is looking into that first thing.

johnnyderm 01-11-2019 01:45 PM

Have some similar issues on my GLE63 (not g63). Went to drive it off the lot and came across them. They addressed them on the lot and it was related to a battery issue after everything. Not sure if helpful but ask them to check the batteries out if they havent started there. (I am no expect and know little about cars)

fabbrisd1 01-12-2019 01:26 AM

Let's look at #'s 1-5 - #6 intelligent high beams has it's own protocol which includes speed and outside "ambient light" - on the German/Euro side where they have stricter laws (and higher fines) for using high beams.. check your manual on speed/ambient light/other parameters

Yes - these systems are "linked" thru the shared sensor systems - in if the fault codes were triggered on-the-rod - would be best if you could share what/where you were when they mass-triggered - or if they were triggered on start-up (from what little has been said - I don't "think" so).

On diagnostic - in this case - your dealer tech's under MB's direction have to work thru diagnostic protocols - step by step - each step uploads to MB - then they have to wait for MB response to go to next step - patience and understanding are keys here..

marcolarco52 01-12-2019 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7652106)
Let's look at #'s 1-5 - #6 intelligent high beams has it's own protocol which includes speed and outside "ambient light" - on the German/Euro side where they have stricter laws (and higher fines) for using high beams.. check your manual on speed/ambient light/other parameters

Yes - these systems are "linked" thru the shared sensor systems - in if the fault codes were triggered on-the-rod - would be best if you could share what/where you were when they mass-triggered - or if they were triggered on start-up (from what little has been said - I don't "think" so).

On diagnostic - in this case - your dealer tech's under MB's direction have to work thru diagnostic protocols - step by step - each step uploads to MB - then they have to wait for MB response to go to next step - patience and understanding are keys here..

The problem seems to happen on its own not after turning on but sometimes after a short trip during driving anywhere in town, or even after a extended trip. Also there are times where it doesn't come on at all during trips.

My dealer had put over 100 miles on the vehicle this week doing road tests including 1 over night road test and I believe they asked for another yesterday, I'm going to visit them today and demand no more over night road tests are done on a 4 week old vehicle as they're racking up my miles and not getting anywhere.

​I've drilled them and asked if it's radar sensor related and they stated no that they've fully checked the system for that.

amg_ghost 01-13-2019 12:59 PM

I had the same issues on a lot of my cars s63 coupe did the same thing had to literally turn off the engine for like 10 min and restart no issues. The GTR same thing happened but this one stayed a bit and left by itself. I had it checked they said it was software related. But I’m guessing they didn’t figure it out yet. Does it come back often?

BenDiem 01-13-2019 06:40 PM

My '17 G63 was identified/recalled (received a notice from MBUSA) due to a faulty Active Distance Assist. I had it repaired/resolved when I took it in for the annual service this past fall.
I had no error messages or the like, however...
It appears that I'm the only owner who received such a notice from MBUSA? I expected to see more '17 G63 owners to respond to this thread...

Cheers/BB

marcolarco52 01-13-2019 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by amg_ghost (Post 7653137)
I had the same issues on a lot of my cars s63 coupe did the same thing had to literally turn off the engine for like 10 min and restart no issues. The GTR same thing happened but this one stayed a bit and left by itself. I had it checked they said it was software related. But I’m guessing they didn’t figure it out yet. Does it come back often?

Yes comes back every other drive or so just randomly. Not sure what's happening just yet they're still looking into it. They did rule out the Sam module and the radar sensor system.

marcolarco52 01-14-2019 11:12 PM

So turns out it was a stop/brake light switch. Apparently it causes alot of issues and was a real pain in the ass to figure out.