MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   cost of speed delimiter..what’s included? (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/735309-cost-speed-delimiter-whatis-included.html)

Festertester 02-07-2019 10:38 PM

cost of speed delimiter..what’s included?

So you pay US$2,200.00 to get additional 12mph for ‘19 G63 top speed??

I wonder what they had to update/upgrade to get from 137 to 149mph other than, perhaps, software update?

pdeacon 02-08-2019 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7675943)
So you pay US$2,200.00 to get additional 12mph for ‘19 G63 top speed??

I wonder what they had to update/upgrade to get from 137 to 149mph other than, perhaps, software update?

I'm not wondering WHAT they had to update but am wondering WHY???? Can't imagine pushing this truck to those speeds in safety. Makes no sense at all. Plenty of cars designed for safe speed at the same price point.

Festertester 02-11-2019 01:09 AM

Ok, found out via shmee video that in Europe if you get this option, the invite you to amg academy ..will find out more

lllmojo 02-11-2019 11:38 AM

if i recall correctly, the carbon fiber engine cover is included with speed delimiter option.

drew138 02-11-2019 12:10 PM

saw the shmee video as well and was curious on this as well. love for someone to get to the bottom of this! thanks

twist-a-grip 02-11-2019 02:08 PM

I would never watch another Schmee video after watching a Pista video the other week. I don't know about the UK, but the last 6 AMGs I've purchased came with a free AMG Driving Academy Performance course. Or, you can use the $1,895 towards one of the higher levels. FYI - you have to follow their program, even if you're a seasoned track driver or racer. I went by myself the first time and had a blast at COTA - won the autocross competition (winner gets an AMG helmet) and signed up for Skip Barber's racing school later that year. Five years and tons of track time later, it's a little boring given my experience level, but I go with my wife and she has fun and I get to win more AMG helmets.

fabbrisd1 02-11-2019 03:44 PM

Now that more and more Mercedes owners are looking to "move up" to AMG - and especially with today's vehicles have such high (some would say excessive) top speed capabilities - questions like your are becoming more common.

Here in the US - Fed regulations require the manufacturer to set the speed limiter to the speed rating of the tires provided with that vehicle.

In answer to your question - "Option Z10" for the 2019 G63 does two things: (1) changes tire from H rating (130mph) to V-Rated (149mph) (2) Changes engine Speed Limiter coding to 149mph

drew138 02-11-2019 03:45 PM

it was hard watching the schmee video but i'm consuming pretty much all things g63 in anticipation. thanks for the heads up on the pista video. will not be watching.

Festertester 02-11-2019 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7678925)
it was hard watching the schmee video but i'm consuming pretty much all things g63 in anticipation. thanks for the heads up on the pista video. will not be watching.

ditto! I’m exactly in the same boat ...not a shmee fan yet watching every thing out there while waiting for the G!

Festertester 02-11-2019 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by twist-a-grip (Post 7678864)
I would never watch another Schmee video after watching a Pista video the other week. I don't know about the UK, but the last 6 AMGs I've purchased came with a free AMG Driving Academy Performance course. Or, you can use the $1,895 towards one of the higher levels. FYI - you have to follow their program, even if you're a seasoned track driver or racer. I went by myself the first time and had a blast at COTA - won the autocross competition (winner gets an AMG helmet) and signed up for Skip Barber's racing school later that year. Five years and tons of track time later, it's a little boring given my experience level, but I go with my wife and she has fun and I get to win more AMG helmets.

awesome! I’d gladly take one scarcely used helmet off your stash :D

This is my first mb vehicle, let alone amg. I’d assume that amg complimentary academy should come with the amg vehicle..if ford can do it for RS vehicles so should amg

Festertester 02-11-2019 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7678923)
Now that more and more Mercedes owners are looking to "move up" to AMG - and especially with today's vehicles have such high (some would say excessive) top speed capabilities - questions like your are becoming more common.

Here in the US - Fed regulations require the manufacturer to set the speed limiter to the speed rating of the tires provided with that vehicle.

In answer to your question - "Option Z10" for the 2019 G63 does two things: (1) changes tire from H rating (130mph) to V-Rated (149mph) (2) Changes engine Speed Limiter coding to 149mph

now this makes sense...I do hope that tires remain all-season (not summer) though..it’s an suv not a sports car after all

fabbrisd1 02-12-2019 12:48 AM

If you're "thinking" about the G-Wagon - please take note of the other threads regarding availability/lead time.

For the 2020 G63 - yes - the factory tires are Performance Tires - to go All-Season and for more aggressive look - there are two different series from Nitto in 22's that will work - there are other threads that cover this direction.

Festertester 02-12-2019 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7679327)
If you're "thinking" about the G-Wagon - please take note of the other threads regarding availability/lead time.

For the 2020 G63 - yes - the factory tires are Performance Tires - to go All-Season and for more aggressive look - there are two different series from Nitto in 22's that will work - there are other threads that cover this direction.

yes I have been closely following other threads but I believe in keeping it stock as long as possible. My Range Rover ATB has all season performance Conti. Tires (Y rated) and I’m assuming g-63 would be the same.

FYI, My g63 is expected to arrive before June (placed order in aug’18). For Range Rover, if you order 22 inch wheels you get speed delimiter/higher top speed, every vehicle and car company is different. Porsche put summer tires in most of the vehicles especially 911s.

Also to clarify, Im not starting threads for the heck of it, I have speed delimiter option added to config. and needed input before the configuration locks...

appreciate the input though!

fabbrisd1 02-14-2019 02:05 AM

Well... is there a specific reason that the MB Dealer you have your G63 "on order" couldn't answer your Delimiter question - or answer your Tire questions ? For a dealer with a customer sold order on $160K+ G'63 on order - this isn't rocket science - especially since about all the major dealers in the US has had their 1st G63's pass thru our hands over the past 2-3 weeks..

Festertester 02-14-2019 11:54 AM

Yep questions asked with no response. Like every other dealer all they’re interested in is selling cars and know nothing about the tech detail

Festertester 02-15-2019 12:35 AM

Got update from sales Mgr:

22” RG4 wheels only come with summer performance tires

hmm..I find it somewhat strange but believable

delimiter only is software update, evidently

fabbrisd1 02-15-2019 12:47 AM

Is there something I missed on my reply to you - or some reason you "thought" my reply was not entirely straightforward and accurate - your "questions" have been asked and answered.... time to move forward... good luck..

Festertester 02-15-2019 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7681987)
Is there something I missed on my reply to you - or some reason you "thought" my reply was not entirely straightforward and accurate - your "questions" have been asked and answered.... time to move forward... good luck..

The small detail not clear to me was that all performance tires are summer tires..

It’s all good, thanks for the help !

GodfreyG 02-15-2019 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7681987)

LMAO wtf is wrong with you. Chill

fabbrisd1 02-15-2019 04:06 PM

Nothing wrong with me - this thread goes on and on after accurate answer - move on !

Festertester 02-15-2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7682470)
Nothing wrong with me - this thread goes on and on after accurate answer - move on !

:shakehead

your answer, so as from the sales guy, was a guess, not accurate.

It comes with Pirelli Scorpion Zero “all-season” “performance” tires.

See my note in the other thread.

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...ll-season-plus