MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   Prepaid Maintenance Plan for 2019 G's (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/735356-prepaid-maintenance-plan-2019-gs.html)

entrepyas 02-08-2019 02:50 PM

Prepaid Maintenance Plan for 2019 G's

There are 3 options:
2 services
3 services
4 services

What's the difference between these options, and what do you guys recommend to go with? Also, can people share the prices they paid for their plans?

rasa 02-08-2019 04:48 PM

I just purchased the 4 service option.
Which included two "A" services and two "B" services. Each service to to be performed at 10K intervals. I paid $2,490.00

Good Luck

Tjandegi 02-08-2019 11:05 PM

Does purchasing the prepaid maintenance offer any real savings? The MB website states it's "significant" but any real numbers to back it up?

Festertester 02-08-2019 11:35 PM

They say pay today’s price for future maintenance - gotta validate that

entrepyas 02-09-2019 12:40 AM

What’s a reasonable discount to get it at?

Tjandegi 02-09-2019 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Festertester
They say pay today’s price for future maintenance - gotta validate that

Do they really raise the price of maintenance each year that much?

WoodlandsGuy 02-09-2019 08:36 PM

Picked my 19 G63 ED1 today and local dealer showed me the $2495 prepaid # for 40k service and I mentioned how the MBUSA site showed the AMG prepaid service was only $1965 for 40k. She hadn’t seen or heard about the glitch but was going to follow with the MB rep. I am not holding breath that they would honor it. Too many disclaimers in all of the small print. Either way thanks for the community here for bringing this up.

Snipe10 02-10-2019 12:09 PM

This sounds sort of like an extended warranty package, which I never buy, although it's for service but unless there's some huge savings, why would anyone purchase it? In Vail Colorado I have 3 friends with G's and they all have their oil changed for about $125 at a local service place up here. This is our first G (550) so the question is, is there some expensive periodic service needed that normal mechanics can't do? Just don't understand why I'd pre-pay for service. Am I missing something?

JetRanger 02-10-2019 01:46 PM

I will be cutting a check for roughly $200k+ to drive my G63 off the lot (it's loaded to the gills), all told, including sales tax, delivery, licensing, et al, plus EFW and A/B for 10/100. You better believe I don't plan on having anyone but MB Service touching my car, for any service needs whatsoever, be it routine A/B's, major repairs, and all else in between. When I compare what I will pay for my EFW plus A/B, it's a reasonably small cost, juxtaposed to the total purchase price. I intend to keep this car for a long while, so the 10/100 makes sense for my needs. Not so much if I was planning to turn it every 2 or 3 years, or so, which lots of folks on this board apparently do. This way, I will have no worries or concerns over my vehicle. It's not unlike buying health insurance. You never know what may be around the corner.

Sarlox 02-10-2019 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7677946)
I will be cutting a check for roughly $200k+ to drive my G63 off the lot (it's loaded to the gills), all told, including sales tax, delivery, licensing, et al, plus EFW and A/B for 10/100. You better believe I don't plan on having anyone but MB Service touching my car, for any service needs whatsoever, be it routine A/B's, major repairs, and all else in between. When I compare what I will pay for my EFW plus A/B, it's a reasonably small cost, juxtaposed to the total purchase price. I intend to keep this car for a long while, so the 10/100 makes sense for my needs. Not so much if I was planning to turn it every 2 or 3 years, or so, which lots of folks on this board apparently do. This way, I will have no worries or concerns over my vehicle. It's not unlike buying health insurance. You never know what may be around the corner.

Hahaha, you think just because you take your MB to an MB dealership service department, you're getting superior service work? And the President runs the country, right?

WoodlandsGuy 02-10-2019 10:17 PM

JetRanger I am with you. I’ve had great experience with the management of MB of The Woodlands (north Houston) on my other cars. Big dealer, lots of business, millions invested. Personally I feel much more comfortable at this price point making sure it’s getting the service that I am paying for and expecting. Could I get it done cheaper....that’s always the case. This is not a knock on independent shops. I have 2 friends that own places that I have taken other cars to. I also take my wife’s Cayenne to the Porsche dealership. I don’t mind paying the extra cost of service. Fool maybe, but I sleep well at night and am at peace behind the wheel. To each his own.

JetRanger 02-10-2019 10:39 PM

My wife and I have owned many Mercedes vehicles since 1998, and have always relied upon MB service to take care of all of our maintenance needs. We have always been extremely satisfied with MB service quality. Armed with 10/100 EFW and A/B, no need to worry about being hit with unexpected costs, either. Works for us, and we have no plans to argue with success.

Snipe10 02-11-2019 12:09 AM

I think the point here is, if you find a good service department, build a relationship with them and stick with them. This can be an independent shop or a dealer. I had a great Porsche guy years ago that ran circles around any dealer and at other times found the dealer to be the best. Some dealers are good and some are not, same with independents. Once I do find some good guys, I go out of my way to make nice. Last week I took a case of wine to the Range Rover guys as we had a minor issue with our new Rover. They were very apprecative and have called me three times in the past week to make sure all is ok.