MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   Hate G63 markup (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/738503-hate-g63-markup.html)

Adrian Chen 03-13-2019 05:00 AM

Hate G63 markup

Hey guys

I was saving 3 years of money on my dream car 2019 G63. But I just hate the markup on the MSRP!!!!! I couldn’t order it last year coz they were asking me to agree 50k markup before they take my order. I found a few g63 in California but they still ask 40k over the mrsp at last.Im a Chinese dreamer in us I’m not a super rich guy and I just worked hard in San Francisco Bay Area. Please guys let me know if somewhere has g63 in stock and they won’t charge me markup or less than 10k… i will be appropriate that.

places 03-13-2019 08:47 AM

Why not put your name on a list, should be able to pick one up in 2020 with no markup. Try a different dealer. Good luck and let us know.

kombifan 03-13-2019 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian Chen (Post 7704219)
Hey guys

I was saving 3 years of money on my dream car 2019 G63. But I just hate the markup on the MSRP!!!!! I couldn’t order it last year coz they were asking me to agree 50k markup before they take my order. I found a few g63 in California but they still ask 40k over the mrsp at last.Im a Chinese dreamer in us I’m not a super rich guy and I just worked hard in San Francisco Bay Area. Please guys let me know if somewhere has g63 in stock and they won’t charge me markup or less than 10k… i will be appropriate that.

tou can place an order anywhere. Go out of state if you need to. . Just be firm on msrp pricing.

johnnyderm 03-13-2019 10:22 AM

Yeah frankly in the NYC area, if you place a build, the dealers have been ok with MSRP - it is just that itll be a long wait 12mo +

CDHG63 03-13-2019 02:14 PM

mark up

Order a 2020 @ MSRP...Mine was delayed so it may be a 2020 ultimately (color PlatMatte not avail) From my experience, most 1st year launch vehicles Including Mercedes have some isssues that get sorted out in 2nd model year and even more refinements in years 2 and 3...it may be a blessing in disguise...

Cheers

Sarlox 03-13-2019 05:01 PM

Pay the money and drive er now. 3 years from now, something cooler will be available and you will have missed 3 years of your life :zoom:

fabbrisd1 03-13-2019 06:13 PM

"I was saving 3 years of money on my dream car 2019 G63" - 1st - if you have been shopping for a on-the-ground G63 - cash purchase - with Chinese last name - MSRP-or-$10K over - at this moment due to MB anti-export restrictions no MB dealer management outside of NoCal will touch that deal - even with more $$ over.

Like other posters have said - pick your local dealer you feel best about - give them a hefty deposit - "maybe" someone could drop out in that line ahead of you.

ReturnoftheG 03-13-2019 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7704790)
"I was saving 3 years of money on my dream car 2019 G63" - 1st - if you have been shopping for a on-the-ground G63 - cash purchase - with Chinese last name - MSRP-or-$10K over - at this moment due to MB anti-export restrictions no MB dealer management outside of NoCal will touch that deal - even with more $$ over.

Like other posters have said - pick your local dealer you feel best about - give them a hefty deposit - "maybe" someone could drop out in that line ahead of you.

Are you suggesting that a deposit could make a dealership move you up? Mine didn’t ask for a deposit and I didn’t volunteer one.

Hawkeye911 03-13-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by noahprtlnd (Post 7704910)
Are you suggesting that a deposit could make a dealership move you up? Mine didn’t ask for a deposit and I didn’t volunteer one.

Deposits don’t make a difference. I had my name on lists at two local dealers. One took a deposit, so we felt they were the most serious (other dealer gave us a verbal of what number we were, but no paperwork, deposit, etc... didn’t feel they were genuine at the time).

A few months later, non-deposit dealer called and said our build was coming up in a month. I explained the situation to them and told him I needed to cancel at other dealer. They were totally cool with it.

Other dealer still couldn’t give us any indication of dates, so we had them send us a check for the deposit, which they did (as I understand, they have to refund deposits by law).

I have a whole new perspective now.

Paying over MSRP “might” get you higher on the list. I’d be very pi$$ed if I was th guy that got bumped if I ever found out though!

The dealer we used was incredible. Not only could they have made at least $15k more on our allocation (that they sold at MSRP as per our verbal agreement last year ... and we just picked up this week), but a local NFL athlete tried to jump on the list and he told us we were still ahead of him.

This dealer has earned our trust for life,

Eagles Nest 03-13-2019 09:16 PM

Move to Canada. no markups allowed

Eagles Nest 03-13-2019 09:18 PM

Agree

fabbrisd1 03-14-2019 12:24 AM

At this moment - on G550's production has been allocated and booked thru end-June - on G63's production has been allocated and booked thru end-August.

ANYTHING after those dates the dealer's do not know their future allocation's yet .

New twist - Mercedes US is tracking the 2020 GL550's and 2020 GL63's that have been sold by each dealer - and for the new G's dealer's future G-Wagen's allocations (I call this "G-Wagen points" ) - (1) increased points if sold G-Wagens were all registered in their market area (most non-urban areas means state or adjoining states, urban area's are market defined differently ) - (2) reduced points if sold G-Wagen were exported .. and their have been quite a few of those...

Mercedes has already made adjustments on allocation for G63's ... export has really p*ssed MB off on those ...

Now... if you have a order with your dealer secured by a deposit - then you certainly have the respectful right to know where you are specifically on their list for that model... example - you are #3 for the next available G550 factory order..... if you don't have a deposit with your dealer on a "order" then "down the road" there will be a very slim # of "worked out great" and a whole lot more "I thought I had a order and my dealer changed his story"...

ReturnoftheG 03-14-2019 08:47 AM

You seem to have a lot of info. I called my 10 closest dealers a couple weeks ago to ask about ordering a G63. All said at least up to a year except one said 6 months. I asked if he really thought 6 months because everyone else was saying around a year. He said yes because he “doesn’t have many in the queue”. He took my order and said he submitted it, didn’t ask for deposit. Do you think he’s pulling my chain? I’m fine with a deposit, but I wasn’t asked for one. I’d hate to find out after a year that after all that waiting I’m not even getting one at all when I could have ordered from another dealer and actually gotten one in a year.

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7705073)
At this moment - on G550's production has been allocated and booked thru end-June - on G63's production has been allocated and booked thru end-August.

ANYTHING after those dates the dealer's do not know their future allocation's yet .

New twist - Mercedes US is tracking the 2020 GL550's and 2020 GL63's that have been sold by each dealer - and for the new G's dealer's future G-Wagen's allocations (I call this "G-Wagen points" ) - (1) increased points if sold G-Wagens were all registered in their market area (most non-urban areas means state or adjoining states, urban area's are market defined differently ) - (2) reduced points if sold G-Wagen were exported .. and their have been quite a few of those...

Mercedes has already made adjustments on allocation for G63's ... export has really p*ssed MB off on those ...

Now... if you have a order with your dealer secured by a deposit - then you certainly have the respectful right to know where you are specifically on their list for that model... example - you are #3 for the next available G550 factory order..... if you don't have a deposit with your dealer on a "order" then "down the road" there will be a very slim # of "worked out great" and a whole lot more "I thought I had a order and my dealer changed his story"...

kombifan 03-14-2019 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by noahprtlnd (Post 7705218)
You seem to have a lot of info. I called my 10 closest dealers a couple weeks ago to ask about ordering a G63. All said at least up to a year except one said 6 months. I asked if he really thought 6 months because everyone else was saying around a year. He said yes because he “doesn’t have many in the queue”. He took my order and said he submitted it, didn’t ask for deposit. Do you think he’s pulling my chain? I’m fine with a deposit, but I wasn’t asked for one. I’d hate to find out after a year that after all that waiting I’m not even getting one at all when I could have ordered from another dealer and actually gotten one in a year.

Depends.

Which market area?

ReturnoftheG 03-14-2019 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by kombifan (Post 7705267)
Depends.

Which market area?

Tampa Bay Area.

johnnyderm 03-14-2019 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by noahprtlnd (Post 7705218)

I did the same in NYC area. Called around. My guy at Ray Catena left, so I found another very well liked AMG dealer in NJ. Agreed to the msrp build price, submitted order, no deposit was needed. If I find out in 10months my chain was pulled I will be fine. 1. I wont be far from the off-lease market, 2 I hope they work out the issues folks have listed on the forum. 3. maybe more options will come in a years time? Doubtful but it is fun to chase technology isn't it!

kinjal 03-14-2019 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7705307)
I did the same in NYC area. Called around. My guy at Ray Catena left, so I found another very well liked AMG dealer in NJ. Agreed to the msrp build price, submitted order, no deposit was needed. If I find out in 10months my chain was pulled I will be fine. 1. I wont be far from the off-lease market, 2 I hope they work out the issues folks have listed on the forum. 3. maybe more options will come in a years time? Doubtful but it is fun to chase technology isn't it!

issues aren’t common. I have absolutely none with my G63 after 6 weeks. Best car I’ve ever owned, and I’ve had my fine share

johnnyderm 03-14-2019 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7705426)
issues aren’t common. I have absolutely none with my G63 after 6 weeks. Best car I’ve ever owned, and I’ve had my fine share

I hope not! Glad you are having fun in yours. How is it on the highway at 80mph? Any pulling left or right like the old one?
I read a few posts about whistling which sounded annoying and a number of folks had windshields break. Oddities.

Waiting-4-550 03-14-2019 03:17 PM

Agreed mine is great and much better than the Range Rover I traded in

Waiting-4-550 03-14-2019 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7705426)

Agreed my rocks so far too and way better than my Range Rover I traded in for it - MB has quality products and then there's LR with it's historically known quality issues

drew138 03-16-2019 01:23 AM

Visit every local dealer in your area and find a rep with whom you connect. Tell them you want the next available slot and spec your G as you see fit. Give them a deposit. And check once a month and be clear that you want an MSRP price. Keep saving and get exactly what you want, or wait for someone to bail on their order and slip into their spot or G upon delivery. Heard a recent story of a person who picked one up an Edition 1 at MSRP; traded it into an exotic dealer and its now listed at near 300k. So these are interesting times. Personally, if I hadn't owned a G55 for the past 9 years and was looking to get into the G for the first time I'd recommend getting a pre-19 as there is a lot of inventory and prices are slightly depressed on the second had market as a result.

S2KXC4S 10-29-2019 12:06 AM

Can anyone message what dealers are taking orders for msrp? Found one in FL but why wouldn’t sale to out of state buyers.

im in CA so closer the better...

Travis edwards 10-29-2019 07:33 PM

@S2KXC4S I have not found any in SoCal. I wonder if the original poster finally found his G63 for MSRP?