MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   10k mark up on G63, yay or nay? (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/739068-10k-mark-up-g63-yay-nay.html)

popi528 03-19-2019 04:03 AM

10k mark up on G63, yay or nay?

My local dealer got one G63 and asked for 10k mark up.
MSRP 152k
My concern is that if I miss this one, I would probably not be able to get on in like 7 months? (according to my dealer, the current wait time for preorder is 7 months)
Do you guys think this is a good deal? Or will there be no mark up very soon? Also, hows Gwagon holds the value?
This car doesn't have the seat package but I really want massage seat, hows the feeling of massage seats?
Thanks

pdeacon 03-19-2019 06:01 AM

I would not pay over MSRP. Keep the money in the bank and wait a little longer. The pipeline for the G is starting to move along as production ramps up and they have been cleared at the ports. You will be looking at a totally different market in twelve to eighteen months as supply catches up with demand. Of course there is the other side of the equation. If money is no object....go for it. I work too hard for mine!

places 03-19-2019 08:31 AM

Wait, I would not pay over. Let them work out the gremlins.

johnnyderm 03-19-2019 08:51 AM

Just order and wait. Put the $10k toward an awesome upgrade you want. At 152k it is missing something (like wheels or seat upgrades). With all the small gremlins in the 19's, the resell for used in my opinion will be strong for 2020+ models. Also, the wait times keep coming down (at least I am finding they are in the Northeast, my dealer asked if I minded if it came earlier than expected :-))

No need to pay over MSRP unless you actually have money to burn.

kinjal 03-19-2019 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7709157)
Just order and wait. Put the $10k toward an awesome upgrade you want. At 152k it is missing something (like wheels or seat upgrades). With all the small gremlins in the 19's, the resell for used in my opinion will be strong for 2020+ models. Also, the wait times keep coming down (at least I am finding they are in the Northeast, my dealer asked if I minded if it came earlier than expected :-))

No need to pay over MSRP unless you actually have money to burn.

its funny how you keep saying there are things wrong with the 2019. The things we do to justify the hard time we have not having what we want yet

jrh179 03-19-2019 10:57 AM

I wouldn’t pay over MSRP for any vehicle. I would order one exactly the way you want it and make sure when it comes in that MSRP is the most you’ll pay. I’ve ordered most of the MB’s that I’ve had and always have them put it in writing that I’ll pay MSRP minus any incentives MB has available when it comes in. When it comes in, I’ll email another dealership and get their best price on a similar build that they have in stock and take it to my dealership and they will match whatever “discount.” When my G550 came in in October, I knew I would be paying MSRP so I didn’t even have to try to price match.

The massage seats are great. Of course they’re nothing like getting an actual massage or even a Brookstone chair. They’re just a light roller ball type massage but I find them to be a nice feature for long drives, and the heated massage really does help when you have a sore back. As a dentist I do a lot of damage to my back all day long and these are good after work. Much better than the older vibration massage seats that some cars have. To me, the seat comfort package is worth it; the executive package not so much. It’s a personal taste thing for the diamond stitch seats, which I don’t find the look of them worth the extra cost.

I also doubt that in a year these so called “gremlins” will affect the resale of the 2019. I haven’t had any issues with mine so far and I doubt MB makes many, if any at all, changes for 2020.

johnnyderm 03-19-2019 11:11 AM

Glad you don't have any issues. I am not claiming they all have gremlins, just a folks mentioned some "G-quirks" that are annoying with their, like whistling. Personally I am not waiting for fix at the same time, cant wait for mine to arrive, quirks, whistling or perfection. Nothing Sport+ wont drown out!
Cheers,

drew138 03-19-2019 07:35 PM

Wait.

Festertester 03-20-2019 12:05 AM

Don’t encourage them - pay until at msrp and with massage seats, totally worth it

puranm 03-20-2019 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by popi528 (Post 7709099)
My local dealer got one G63 and asked for 10k mark up.
MSRP 152k
My concern is that if I miss this one, I would probably not be able to get on in like 7 months? (according to my dealer, the current wait time for preorder is 7 months)
Do you guys think this is a good deal? Or will there be no mark up very soon? Also, hows Gwagon holds the value?
This car doesn't have the seat package but I really want massage seat, hows the feeling of massage seats?
Thanks

To be honest, I am surprised you found one for $10K+. Please wait. Only Edition-1's were hot and now they are on sale in used market for $100K over. These dealers really did a lot of damage to Mercedes brand. My order from March 2018 was canceled on me, just pathetic.

johnnyderm 03-20-2019 03:37 PM

Did you have an Edition1 G63 cancel on you? Or was it a regular (yet awesome) G63

Waiting-4-550 03-20-2019 05:24 PM

10 K over MSRP for a 19 G63 is well worth it
Mine is awesome to drive and everyone thinks I'm a celebrity or something lol

2sporty 03-21-2019 11:30 PM

I am sure many of us can afford a small sum of 10k over MSRP.

That said, if I paid 10k over MSRP, I would not be able to look myself in the mirror in the morning knowing that I let myself get raped by the dealer.

AMGRay 03-22-2019 12:01 AM

Thats not too bad, my dealer wanted $20k over MSRP on the 2019s.

jrh179 03-22-2019 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Waiting-4-550 (Post 7710566)
10 K over MSRP for a 19 G63 is well worth it
Mine is awesome to drive and everyone thinks I'm a celebrity or something lol

Since that’s the main reason we buy these trucks, to be mistaken for celebrities. I know a lot of people are willing to be $20k+ over sticker but I can’t see myself ever paying over MSRP for any car. Especially knowing in 6 months the inventory will be better and people will be getting deals on them, and I’d still have 20 grand (or more) less in my pocket. I (only) put $25,000 down when I bought mine, and financed the rest at 2.9% for 60 months. If it was marked up that much, I would still owe sticker price or more on it. I’m all about work hard, play hard and spend money on things you like. But if we’re talking $50,000 over sticker, I could use that to buy a lightly used weekend convertible to have in the garage.

Festertester 03-22-2019 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by jrh179 (Post 7712392)
Since that’s the main reason we buy these trucks, to be mistaken for celebrities. I know a lot of people are willing to be $20k+ over sticker but I can’t see myself ever paying over MSRP for any car. Especially knowing in 6 months the inventory will be better and people will be getting deals on them, and I’d still have 20 grand (or more) less in my pocket. I (only) put $25,000 down when I bought mine, and financed the rest at 2.9% for 60 months. If it was marked up that much, I would still owe sticker price or more on it. I’m all about work hard, play hard and spend money on things you like. But if we’re talking $50,000 over sticker, I could use that to buy a lightly used weekend convertible to have in the garage.

Strongly disagree - everyone is different, don’t stereotype it. I always buy my vehicles for myself and what I like NOT what others think. I felt that I must point this out that not all the same

jrh179 03-22-2019 06:23 PM

I was being sarcastic about the celebrity comment, if that’s what you’re referring to.

Festertester 03-22-2019 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jrh179 (Post 7712448)
I was being sarcastic about the celebrity comment, if that’s what you’re referring to.

good. It clears it up :)