MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   Lifted 2019 G’s (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/739743-lifted-2019-gis.html)

kinjal 03-25-2019 08:02 PM

Lifted 2019 G’s

Wanted to start a post for pics and products people are using on the new G.

To to my knowledge, the only thing available so far is springs that will raise it by 1.5”. See link for pic.

https://www.gwagenparts.com/product/...0-and-g63-amg/

Would anyone consider this, or is a shock replacement more ideal?

Festertester 03-26-2019 12:29 AM

Keep in mind difficult time clearing some of the indoor garages / car parks..

M1M2M3 03-27-2019 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Festertester (Post 7715322)
Keep in mind difficult time clearing some of the indoor garages / car parks..

Agreed in 3 different NYC garages I entered it had to be parked at the entrance or risked becoming a drop top conversion.

johnnyderm 03-28-2019 09:28 AM

I found most NYC garages have 6'6" (78") areas in them which for my G was 1" higher, but on any turns etc, my G didn't fit. A garage attendant once scraped the top of my G :-(. Headache. Speaking of that, I should measure my garage before the new G arrives

JetRanger 03-28-2019 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7717459)
I found most NYC garages have 78" areas in them

I believe the 2019 G63 maximum roof height spec is roughly 77.5 inches. But, doesn't this spec apply only for the stock 20 inch wheels, as equipped with MB's standard OEM tires? If so, I wonder why MB does not publish the maximum roof height spec for their 22 inch wheels, given you cannot simply add an extra one inch for the increased radius of the MB OEM 22 inch wheels, as this configuration involves an entirely different low profile tire?

kinjal 04-02-2019 08:21 PM

I ordered the 40mm spring lift. It’s the only way to fit 33x12 tires on the 22” amg wheels.

They have a portal axle kit now for 5”! Not my cup of tea, but looking forward to seeing the Dubai millionaires and LA rappers and Kardashians doing this mod to the 2019s. Will look crazy.
https://www.gwagenparts.com/product/...ss-my-2019-on/

JetRanger 04-02-2019 09:03 PM

From a daydreaming fantasy standpoint, this car definitely looks cool, but... What happens if you take your $200,000 2019 G63 on a nice vacation road trip, and something breaks down on the axles or portals? Say you’re 1,000 miles from home when something in the custom suspension busts, so you have your G63 towed into the nearest MB dealership for repairs. I assume not only would your MB factory warranty not cover the repair, worse yet, I also assume the MB service department wouldn’t touch the axles and/or portals, and would advise you to have it towed to some sort of a shade tree mechanic, side of the road, custom shop. With a MB 4x4 Squared, any MB dealer would fully service it, and under warranty. Even if this 5-inch jacked up car broke down in your own backyard, other than a custom shop, where the heck do you get it serviced for anything involving the car’s suspension, springs, lifts, portals, or axles? No thanks, I’ll keep my G63 fully stock.

kinjal 04-02-2019 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7722104)
From a daydreaming fantasy standpoint, this car definitely looks cool, but... What happens if you take your $200,000 2019 G63 on a nice vacation road trip, and something breaks down on the axles or portals? Say you’re 1,000 miles from home when something in the custom suspension busts, so you have your G63 towed into the nearest MB dealership for repairs. I assume not only would your MB factory warranty not cover the repair, worse yet, I also assume the MB service department wouldn’t touch the axles and/or portals, and would advise you to have it towed to some sort of a shade tree mechanic, side of the road, custom shop. With a MB 4x4 Squared, any MB dealer would fully service it, and under warranty. Even if this 5-inch jacked up car broke down in your own backyard, other than a custom shop, where the heck do you get it serviced for anything involving the car’s suspension, springs, lifts, portals, or axles? No thanks, I’ll keep my G63 fully stock.

agreed. I think the rappers and Dubai elite will be all about this. I’m looking forward to my 1.5” lift. Will give it the perfect stance just with a simple spring change

will175 04-03-2019 01:25 AM

^^^Wow...First off it'll be nice with a 1.5" lift.

Suspension doesn't burst! hahaha. Portals is what makes the 4x4 squared have the lift. Which that stock suspension sucks big time. Like my lift on my G63 comes to about 4-4.5" of lift. But I have custom King Shocks and very good parts on the lift. Nothing have assed. To the point my Benz dealer really likes it and shows it off. They service it and its still under warranty. Common sense though, if something suspension related breaks the warranty wouldn't cover it. Also a G63 is not 200K...I own nothing stock in my garage. Not even my golf cart is stock. I guess to each there own. Big difference from modding something half assed to knowing what works and what doesn't.

We have a few members on here that have modded and lifted Gs. A couple actually do heavy offloading. Also I wouldn't take the G on a family vaca, if I did drive.

dunderhi 04-03-2019 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7717459)
Speaking of that, I should measure my garage before the new G arrives

This is why I went with 31” tires vice 33”. There just wasn’t that much room to spare in my garage.

It’s also pretty tight in public garages too.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...651dd3170.jpeg
Parking garage view

kinjal 04-11-2019 11:33 AM

Did the lift

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...cc182d37f.jpeg
Got the g-raid springs for 42mm lift. Still doesn’t clear 33x12.5x22 on the stock wheels. A little rubbing still. Ride is a little bit bouncier as well.

Would not recommend in hindsight. It looks great, but with the ongoing rubbing and less stiff ride... not worth the money. Will probably leave it as is for a while. Go back to stock if it gets annoying. Looks amazing though.

johnnyderm 04-11-2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by kinjal (Post 7729391)
Got the g-raid springs for 42mm lift. Still doesn’t clear 33x12.5x22 on the stock wheels. A little rubbing still. Ride is a little bit bouncier as well.

Would not recommend in hindsight. It looks great, but with the ongoing rubbing and less stiff ride... not worth the money. Will probably leave it as is for a while. Go back to stock if it gets annoying. Looks amazing though.

It didnt happen unless there's a photo!!! :-)

kinjal 04-11-2019 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7729400)
It didnt happen unless there's a photo!!! :-)

see edited post. Ya it looks badass. I drive less than ten miles per day. So I’m going to rock it. Keeping an eye on the fender wall as it is wearing a bit as mentioned in previous posts.

ReturnoftheG 04-11-2019 02:41 PM

Damn you for making me want to spend more
money on top of the truck itself.

medici78 04-11-2019 05:21 PM

Did the tires affect the speedometer reading?

kinjal 04-11-2019 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by medici78 (Post 7729659)
Did the tires affect the speedometer reading?

no

Ruben G 04-19-2019 10:58 PM

Have you considered using wheel spacers?

3WD 05-06-2019 07:13 PM

Looks GREAT!!

will175 05-08-2019 11:10 PM

Is Gwagen parts the only person to get those springs from?

3WD 05-09-2019 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by will175 (Post 7751463)
Is Gwagen parts the only person to get those springs from?

We offer LeTech Springs, check them out at shop.3wdistributing.com

Thank you!

will175 05-10-2019 12:43 AM

^^ Thanks for the heads up. Do you guys own 463 as well? I met someone from either 3wd or 463 at my buddies shop (Lusso Auto) here in Vegas. I had the lifted green G63. But for the new G63 do you know what the difference between the LeTech and the suspension Gwagen site has for sale. Could you also DM me a price and eta for your LeTech Suspension please.

Thank you!

3WD 05-10-2019 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by will175 (Post 7752252)
^^ Thanks for the heads up. Do you guys own 463 as well? I met someone from either 3wd or 463 at my buddies shop (Lusso Auto) here in Vegas. I had the lifted green G63. But for the new G63 do you know what the difference between the LeTech and the suspension Gwagen site has for sale. Could you also DM me a price and eta for your LeTech Suspension please.

Thank you!

Hello,

Not sure what Gwagen sells, we only offer LeTech which we feel is the best system in the market. Please check out our website for pricing. Shop.3wdistributing.com

Thank you!

BCMgunner 07-25-2019 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by 3WD (Post 7752547)
Hello,

Not sure what Gwagen sells, we only offer LeTech which we feel is the best system in the market. Please check out our website for pricing. Shop.3wdistributing.com

Thank you!

Hello,

Can you comment on LeTech’s 50mm spring ride compared to stock (stiffer/softer/etc.) for a US spec 2019 G550 as it comes from the factory (ie: without overlanding gear like rack/wench/shelves)?

Also, for installation of the LeTech spare tire carrier, are the holes for attachment drilled on the body or the door? Is the factory door tire mount utilized in addition to the hinge attachment points like the carrier for the G550 4X4 does?

Thank you in advance!

3WD 07-25-2019 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by BCMgunner (Post 7812023)
Hello,

Can you comment on LeTech’s 50mm spring ride compared to stock (stiffer/softer/etc.) for a US spec 2019 G550 as it comes from the factory (ie: without overlanding gear like rack/wench/shelves)?

Also, for installation of the LeTech spare tire carrier, are the holes for attachment drilled on the body or the door? Is the factory door tire mount utilized in addition to the hinge attachment points like the carrier for the G550 4X4 does?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Currently unable to answer the ride quality compare to stock G550 suspension, as we haven't done one yet. A few G63 have had it done but haven't received any response from customer just yet.

The LeTech spare tire carrier comes with new hinge and new wheel carrier. So you'll need to remove the factory tire carrier and hinge in order to install the LeTech parts.

Thank you!

BCMgunner 07-26-2019 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by 3WD (Post 7812026)
Hello,

Currently unable to answer the ride quality compare to stock G550 suspension, as we haven't done one yet. A few G63 have had it done but haven't received any response from customer just yet.

The LeTech spare tire carrier comes with new hinge and new wheel carrier. So you'll need to remove the factory tire carrier and hinge in order to install the LeTech parts.

Thank you!

Thank you for the response. Does this mean the LeTech spare tire carrier is “bolt on” piece, meaning no drilling or cutting is needed for install?

Thanks again!