MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G Class (W460, W461, W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463-19/)
-   -   Any US dealers selling at MSRP? (https://mbworld.org/forums/g-class-w460-w461-w463/744323-any-us-dealers-selling-msrp.html)

Jgmachine 05-11-2019 08:29 AM

Any US dealers selling at MSRP?

Anyone?

Kinkola 05-11-2019 01:15 PM

My answer will be no unless you wait several months . Called a dealer in California few days ago regarding a G63 in stock . They want $50k mark up.

AMGBEASTMODE 05-11-2019 05:25 PM

I've found 3 that'll sell @ MSRP, but they won't sell out of market...........CRAZY!!!!

Festertester 05-11-2019 06:36 PM

You need to place an order and WAIT to get it in msrp !

ashleyg 05-12-2019 01:39 AM

I was able to secure a G63 Edition 1 north of Los Angeles at MSRP while they were stuck at the port, took delivery right when they were released. I called everywhere in SoCal crazy quotes, anywhere from $30k over to $100k over. G 550’s we’re still going $10-15k over. I think I lucked out from a smaller dealer and possibly uneducated sales mgr. I’m still in shock.

fabbrisd1 05-12-2019 02:37 AM

1. Mercedes is really paying attention to the G-Wagen's on the anti-export thing. Before this year - a re-exported G-Wagen was treated the same as any other Mercedes model that was re-exported - meaning there was some impact - and often a occasional re-export would be "forgiven"
Going into this year - a dealer that sells a G-Wagen that is exported one that gets re-exported "loses" future allocation - and Mercedes US is posturing on dealer $20K penalty - and out-of-area sales are not defensible or subject to "forgiveness" on potential penalty.

2. With MB anti-export high - production/allocation continues tight - for a good # of metro/urban dealers the "add-up market adjustment" on top of MSRP serves the dealer as a additional anti-export protection. Putting personal purchase/re-export to the side - the 3rd party exporters get paid a % over US MSRP generally in the range of 4%-6% - and a discount from a dealer off list makes a purchase that much more "profitable" for that professional exporter. Having a urban/metro market (like SoCal) for instance where dealers decide to magically have "about the same" market adjustment cuts down on potential re-exports.

3. That said - if you have a "good relationship" with your local dealer - bought from them before - and up front they tell you a new G order will be 8-12 months out - for my cash ready customers that come to me for a G "now" - heck doesn't do me any good to add them on top of my next 8-10 6 on order already.
For my guys/gal's that come to me like that - I will pull a quick NetStar search for on-the-ground or VPC ready G's from non-mtro/non-urban dealers within 1000 miles where their G is marked Code 2 or 3 in NetStar - and give them that dealer's contact info - and have them reach out with my blessing (and I will give personal backup reference as a good customer to that dealer if necessary) - with the agreement tell them to offer $5K immediate phone credit card deposit on-the-spot if that dealer agree's to MSRP - with my customers offer to that dealer the agreement to wire the full balance as soon as Sales Documents from that dealer on that G have been prepared.
My agreement with my customer's who do reach out and secure - rig is to be shipped to my shop so we can wash/make ready and have my Concierge intro them to their G - any that add-on warranty/service packages get written w/my Finance Dept - and heck 2-3-4 yrs down the road on that G not only do I have their Service business - but I will have that G on trade-in - which is all +++ for my shop especially the future trade-in - I have down this 4/5 times since Dec.

It's a New World in the car business - and short sighted dealers just f*ck themselves - it's the relationship with a ongoing Mercedes customer that is the real value - not the d*mn machine...

pdeacon 05-12-2019 07:52 AM

Well said "fab". You have hit on what is intrinsically problematical with the auto industry today. The attitude that MB dealers have adopted with the new G may be alright for limited production companies like Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc, but for a volume producer like MB this will come back to bight them. Most G owners have other vehicles and many have other Benzes. How does the customer react when it's time to by that other vehicle. I know I have given it second thought.

just1time 05-12-2019 10:37 AM

hey

Originally Posted by ashleyg (Post 7753527)
I was able to secure a G63 Edition 1 north of Los Angeles at MSRP while they were stuck at the port, took delivery right when they were released. I called everywhere in SoCal crazy quotes, anywhere from $30k over to $100k over. G 550’s we’re still going $10-15k over. I think I lucked out from a smaller dealer and possibly uneducated sales mgr. I’m still in shock.

When the dealer charges a markup on top of MSRP, he is greedy. When a dealer is humble and charges MSRP regardless of what other greedy dealers are doing, he is uneducated. You can't satisfy consumers ever...lol

AMGBEASTMODE 05-12-2019 01:54 PM

Unicorn @ashleyg

ashleyg 05-14-2019 12:30 AM

Uneducated was probably bad wording lol, had they realized what the socal market was doing, i'm sure the sales mgr would not have allowed the sales rep to let it go at MSRP.

Originally Posted by just1time (Post 7753683)
When the dealer charges a markup on top of MSRP, he is greedy. When a dealer is humble and charges MSRP regardless of what other greedy dealers are doing, he is uneducated. You can't satisfy consumers ever...lol

fabbrisd1 05-14-2019 03:05 AM

Of course all dealer's know about "Urban" pricing - in non-Urban markets the available G's will sell by-and-large to local market customers - as it should be - and those non-Urban dealers are not going to stress-out a local market customer to upcharge over MSRP - that's sound long term customer thinking for that type of market..

will175 05-16-2019 02:04 AM

I know my local area there are zero for sale And when I picked mine up they said there was about 3 people that came in and offered over sticker if I would sell it...Said no because it was below a number that was worth it to me. Ive heard certain areas are getting huge amount over sticker. For a right price I would let mine go, but I love it. Just can't wait to lift it,

places 05-16-2019 09:26 AM

If you order then yes. Walk in and pick up a 63 for retail, not likely to happen. You may get lucky on a 550 though.

johnnyderm 05-16-2019 09:38 AM

In South NJ, dealers are asking $15k mark up on the G63. Not too bad. (i've been calling around even tho I have one on build for Jan 2020)

places 05-16-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyderm (Post 7756852)
In South NJ, dealers are asking $15k mark up on the G63. Not too bad. (i've been calling around even tho I have one on build for Jan 2020)

That's not bad. Especially when you take into account the ridiculous mark-ups - bordering extortion - we've seen.

cxn 05-21-2019 01:18 PM

I am new but have been following the threads. I called my local dealer and said they have a $5k premium. I am happy to wait but I am tired of an attitude that one must pay over MSRP.

johnnyderm 05-21-2019 01:26 PM

That's not bad if they have the exact spec you want.

just1time 05-21-2019 01:29 PM

If i had the money to pay for a premium on a new G-Class, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. it has nothing to do with no other principles other than than the Principles of Economics. Its demand and supply. No one complains when they get 10-20% off MSRP. So why complain when the tables are turned around. Its capitalism in its purest form.
Those who want it bad enough will pay a premium until demand for said goods level out. Those who can wait will wait. Those who can't will pay a premium. Am sure a few folks on here paid a premium but are simply ashamed to admit it...lol

JetRanger 05-21-2019 01:32 PM

I wish all new car dealers, whether it's MB or any other dealer, would adopt the Tesla sales experience model. No salesman with stinky coffee breath, oftentimes knowing less about the car than the customer, and not adding anything to the equation. I have been extremely happy with my Model S, and I really like their sales model. You simply go on-line, build your car, and place your order, with funds. It arrives in the time interval stated at time of order, and it is ready to go. I have had great dealer service from Tesla. I wish I could do this with my G63 (ordered in Oct 2018 as a MY2019, now due in Dec 2019, but may turn into a MY2020, don't know yet).

Festertester 05-22-2019 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 7760569)
I wish I could do this with my G63 (ordered in Oct 2018 as a MY2019, now due in Dec 2019, but may turn into a MY2020, don't know yet).

Verified from my dealer - starting sep 2019, these will be 2020MY, if it’s built in Sep. He didn’t think there’re any big changes in specs etc but perhaps new colors/wheels etc.

fabbrisd1 05-23-2019 01:56 PM

The one thing that is confirmed for MY 2020 G's - production #'s will stay the same as MY 2019.

At this moment there are no "confirmed" details regarding 2020 G's until Mercedes releases the 2020 Dealer Order Guide (DOG) - it is "assumed" there will be no major changes except "assumed" there may be new/different colors and/or wheel choices..

JetRanger 05-23-2019 03:12 PM

MBUX!

drew138 05-24-2019 01:10 PM

I doubt we will see MBUX in 2020. Has anyone heard different?

Festertester 05-24-2019 02:58 PM

Don't think MBUX would make it especially on a G right after the first year intro..may be in 3-4 yrs. it's too much tooling , updates etc on a vehicle that in high demand and produced in small numbers just how it's always set up

Wassaby 05-24-2019 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by drew138 (Post 7763419)
I doubt we will see MBUX in 2020. Has anyone heard different?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b8accc09c1.png