G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

21 AMG G63 available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
AMG E63 S ( sold )
21 AMG G63 available

Hi - I currently have an 18' AMG E63 wagon and looking to get into a G63 amg without paying greedy over MSRP dealer add-ons. Anyone know of a good dealer that wants to sell a G wagon?
It's more a principle for me, I never have (or will) ever pay over MSRP for any car ( and this includes the GT2 RS, Ford GT, and a previous GT3 RS I have purchased.) ..
thanks
The following users liked this post:
kim0217 (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 04:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
G63, 911S, ModelX, Tacoma
For some reason MB dealers do not want sell out of state. I tried, none were interested (i didn't even get to the ADM part with them). So, I called a good number of dealers in my state. Some had a shorter wait but were 25-40k over MSRP, while with others your wait is 18-24 months at MSRP. I ended up driving over to a dealer close by, sat down with the sales rep, established a rapport and asked to speak with the GM. In the end, after putting down 10%, no ADM and about 10 month wait on a G63.

Might want to give that a try...

Last edited by gokro; 02-23-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:07 PM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
THANKS.. I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND A ' STAND UP' DEALER ( THROUGH A FRIEND OF MINE OUT OF STATE) WHO IS SELLING AT MSRP AND WILL TAKE MY ORDER TOMORROW ( EST 6-8 MONTHS DELIVERY)
THANKS
Old 02-23-2021, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 577 Likes on 380 Posts
2023 G63
Originally Posted by gokro
For some reason MB dealers do not want sell out of state. I tried, none were interested (i didn't even get to the ADM part with them). So, I called a good number of dealers in my state. Some had a shorter wait but were 25-40k over MSRP, while with others your wait is 18-24 months at MSRP. I ended up driving over to a dealer close by, sat down with the sales rep, established a rapport and asked to speak with the GM. In the end, after putting down 10%, no ADM and about 10 month wait on a G63.

Might want to give that a try...
Selling out of state increases the chances of selling to an exporter. When a G63 is exported it has to be logged so that information will get back to Mercedes and then poof it's minus 1 G63 allocation next year.

Also minor point but selling locally increases the chances of having that vehicle serviced at the dealer.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:22 PM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
I have bought many new cars out of state, with Utah having limited dealers ( no real competition ). I can tell you, no dealer turns down warranty or after warranty work that is where they make their real money. Not being a foreigner, the odds that I am an importer are low.. Again, I Hate dealers that gough customers with ADM.. refuse to do business with them.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GL63/GL550/S550/S430
The ONLY place you can get any G at sticker, is at MB Manhattan (NYC) ie the 'factory store'. The only down side is that you will have to wait for about 1.5 - 2 years for it, but even G63 will be sold at sticker.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,495 Likes on 987 Posts
No more MB:(
Shouldn't be hard to find one as long as you are willing to wait.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:10 AM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
I have now found 3 dealers wanting my business and ready sell at MSRP ( all 8-10 months delivery)
Old 02-25-2021, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,054 Likes on 805 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by RaceDeck
I have bought many new cars out of state, with Utah having limited dealers ( no real competition ). I can tell you, no dealer turns down warranty or after warranty work that is where they make their real money. Not being a foreigner, the odds that I am an importer are low.. Again, I Hate dealers that gough customers with ADM.. refuse to do business with them.
You're spot on here, although with the G's pricing distortions, it could be the exception to the rule. Typical dealerships (pick any brand) make 80% of their revenue and 20% of their profit in the showroom. The service and parts department generates only 20% of their revenue, but 80% of their profit. Warranty work is a bit different because the manufacturer has set reimbursements for specific repairs. MB "A" and "B" services are huge money makers for dealers. I'll change anybody's oil for $350 and serve you an espresso while I'm doing it.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:18 AM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
Originally Posted by streborx
You're spot on here, although with the G's pricing distortions, it could be the exception to the rule. Typical dealerships (pick any brand) make 80% of their revenue and 20% of their profit in the showroom. The service and parts department generates only 20% of their revenue, but 80% of their profit. Warranty work is a bit different because the manufacturer has set reimbursements for specific repairs. MB "A" and "B" services are huge money makers for dealers. I'll change anybody's oil for $350 and serve you an espresso while I'm doing it.
LOL .. for sure! I am looking forward to pulling up to my local dealer with the G63 next fall... and as him to add a little cream in my espresso! 🤣 I had a similar experience when I bought a GT3RS, the dealer thought I was full of it when I said I found one actually $7k under MSRP ( he was charging 10k over).... then I rolled in one day to have the service dept check air pressure while I grabbed some refreshments in their lounge since then, I have stopped buying anything from that dealer group ( porsche, Mercedes, Audi ).. it's just too easy to shop around the country
Old 02-25-2021, 03:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Be careful when putting your order in and waiting that long. Ive seen people not get there, and when they do ADM is put on. If they don't like it then they tell them they can walk. Its completely wrong, but have seen it. Im on my 2nd G63 of the current chassis, and plan on ordering the 22 for late 21 delivery. So find the right dealer to work with and keep giving them business. I do trade my G63s back into the same dealer so they can make money on the resale. I usually get what I paid for at trade in. I agree about the GT3RS, I was in the same boat but sold mine right away. Didn't think that market would stay that strong for a while. Your Cosworth sounds like a fun car!
Old 02-25-2021, 07:43 PM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
Originally Posted by will175
Be careful when putting your order in and waiting that long. Ive seen people not get there, and when they do ADM is put on. If they don't like it then they tell them they can walk. Its completely wrong, but have seen it. Im on my 2nd G63 of the current chassis, and plan on ordering the 22 for late 21 delivery. So find the right dealer to work with and keep giving them business. I do trade my G63s back into the same dealer so they can make money on the resale. I usually get what I paid for at trade in. I agree about the GT3RS, I was in the same boat but sold mine right away. Didn't think that market would stay that strong for a while. Your Cosworth sounds like a fun car!
Thanks for the heads up and made sure there was no ADM on the car, I will have the order/bill with my deposit and balance owed sent tomorrow to me. And yes the Cosworth is pretty amazing. It's a Motorsports addition FIA /wrc car that raced throughout Europe on snow /tarmac events.. great fun to drive

The following users liked this post:
Wassaby (03-05-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 10:56 PM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
Originally Posted by will175
BTW - if you know, what is the form or doc the dealer submits to MB when a build order goes in? I know on others there is one and reference number?
Old 02-26-2021, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Frankly - you should look to Build a 2022 for Dec delivery... that's where you should "put" your money - with a Dealer who will commit to that..

2022's start building in Sept - for end-Nov release - "that's" what you want for a dealer commitment for.. the rest of the chatter back-n-forth just means you-have-a-Forrest-Gump-dealer.

Who wants a 2021 delivered end-Sept/beg-Oct when Dec can get you a 2022 two months later.

You spec now based on the 2021 Dealer Order Guide - then update your "order" when the 2022 Dealer Order Guide is released..

I know some here think I am a broken record about this - "Pre-Order 2022" - but heck - it makes all the sense in the world
The following 3 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
DaimlerGuy (02-27-2021), RaceDeck (02-26-2021), The Butcher (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 11:49 AM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
I think since I am 8 + months out, it will most likely be a 22' and I have requested that. So far they have been great to deal with and my buddy has bought 3-4 amg's over the years and all great experience... Once I get my order confirmation today, I will confirm the 22' option. And I thought the Ford GT was tough to get when I bought it new at MSRP LOL..
Old 02-27-2021, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Your "confirmation" will be brief - please understand this "confirmation" is just between you and "your" dealer - at this "early stage" for you your dealer "hold's" your "order" until he has a open order allocation to submit to the factory.. if "your dealer" can't confirm, in writing, now, for 1st wave 2020 delivery for Dec - then frankly it's all subject to change my friend - like keep searching for a agreeable dealer.

You are a existing MB owner - right ? That mean's a lot when talking to out-of-state dealer's - they can see from your VIN# about your current MB.. validation you are not a Export Shopper.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:49 PM

AMG E63 S ( sold )
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Your "confirmation" will be brief - please understand this "confirmation" is just between you and "your" dealer - at this "early stage" for you your dealer "hold's" your "order" until he has a open order allocation to submit to the factory.. if "your dealer" can't confirm, in writing, now, for 1st wave 2020 delivery for Dec - then frankly it's all subject to change my friend - like keep searching for a agreeable dealer.

You are a existing MB owner - right ? That mean's a lot when talking to out-of-state dealer's - they can see from your VIN# about your current MB.. validation you are not a Export Shopper.
Thanks.. I "think" I am good as this dealer knows my company and my friend who introduced me very well.. I also let them know I have this AMG E63 RENNTech

Old 03-04-2021, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Various
Great thread. Anyone in Chicago suburbs know of good dealership who will do MSRP?

More than likely we are looking at 2023MY and I was curious if there is any refresh expected?

Thanks