G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

Front lip installation with LED ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g63
Question Front lip installation with LED ??

Hi all,

couls someone please assist me. I am installing a brabus front lip. Where do I connect the led wires to? The circuit driver basically says grey wire +12v or 24v (so is that directly to the battery?), black - ground and yellow position lights (where is the connection for these?). Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:26 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 G550
I was thinking about putting on the same lower lip on my G550! Would love to see pics after you are done with the install. As for the lights, I have a set of baja design cubes mounted in the spots where the bullbar would normally mount and I wired those up with a relay switch. Was planning to run the lower leds that come on the brabus bumper the same way. So then you have the power coming directly from the battery (connections on the passenger side of engine bay) and for the trigger to get the relay to switch, I used an "add a fuse" connection to a fuse over on the drivers side fuse panel that only comes on when the car turns on.

My guess is that the leds are not a plug and play solution and that you need to wire something similar...
Old 10-12-2021, 11:48 AM

g63
Thanks for your reply! I can definitely send you a picture when it’s done. The front lip looks really good. I hydrodipped it to look like carbon and it came out amazing. So now it’s just to connect the leds and I can fit the bumper (bumper came off so that I could spray the air vents)

basically the leds came with a circuit driver and that’s it…so I thought they just get wired to the park lights…do you think that would work? Or is the fuse route better to go?
Also where to you ground it too?

Old 10-12-2021, 12:34 PM

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
21' BMW X6M 21' G63
You may want to reach out to the vendor to see if they can provide a PDF. My components, which include the front diffuser with LED's have been sitting on a container ship on the West coast until today. If you continue to search for resolution, I will check back once I receive and will upload the installation manual. I'm just not sure from this point what my eta is.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:48 PM

2020 G550
Originally Posted by hydrochrome
Thanks for your reply! I can definitely send you a picture when it’s done. The front lip looks really good. I hydrodipped it to look like carbon and it came out amazing. So now it’s just to connect the leds and I can fit the bumper (bumper came off so that I could spray the air vents)

basically the leds came with a circuit driver and that’s it…so I thought they just get wired to the park lights…do you think that would work? Or is the fuse route better to go?
Also where to you ground it too?

So that box looks like its just a relay switch...so the grey and black go directly to the battery terminals on the passenger side of the engine bay. Positive is the big red plastic thing (you see nuts underneath to connect) and the ground is along the side of the engine bay (where you typically would connect to charge/jump you car) look like a rod coming out the side of the engine bay. And then the yellow is the trigger, so when that gets 12V+, the relay switch will power the LEDs directly from the grey/black wires which go right to the battery. For the yellow wire, you could try the side parking lights (if you can get behind there to get to the wires, but not sure they are always on when the car is on? So I went the route of the fuse box so that when the car is on (like the halos) then the yellow wire has power, and then the lights will turn on. When I get home I can take a pic of the fusebox and fuse location I used to get the power when the car is on....let me know. psyched to see a pic which you are done!
Old 10-12-2021, 12:51 PM

2020 G550
How are you mounting the lower lip to the OEM bumper ? It it just double sided tape or are their screw mount points??
Old 10-12-2021, 03:19 PM

g63
Originally Posted by WillinMA
How are you mounting the lower lip to the OEM bumper ? It it just double sided tape or are their screw mount points??
There are screw mounting points but the sides I’ll use car silicon to secure them.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:03 AM

g63
So that box looks like its just a relay switch...so the grey and black go directly to the battery terminals on the passenger side of the engine bay. Positive is the big red plastic thing (you see nuts underneath to connect) and the ground is along the side of the engine bay (where you typically would connect to charge/jump you car) look like a rod coming out the side of the engine bay. And then the yellow is the trigger, so when that gets 12V+, the relay switch will power the LEDs directly from the grey/black wires which go right to the battery. For the yellow wire, you could try the side parking lights (if you can get behind there to get to the wires, but not sure they are always on when the car is on? So I went the route of the fuse box so that when the car is on (like the halos) then the yellow wire has power, and then the lights will turn on. When I get home I can take a pic of the fusebox and fuse location I used to get the power when the car is on....let me know. psyched to see a pic which you are done!
thanks! Let me try that later today and I’ll let you know!
Old 10-15-2021, 11:31 AM

g63
we’ll I haven’t had time to fiddle with lights and the was needed this weekend, so this is what she looks like…

Old 10-16-2021, 11:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
cls 350
wow its nice mods. but i lose that tire sticker and the amg edition1 sticker . too much color not so nice.
when you install the front lip is it plug and play ? need 3M double tape / silicone glue ?
and also for rear spoiler do you drill that to the roof ?