G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

PPF or no? Platinum white metallic G63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 12:53 AM

Received 81 Likes on 65 Posts
Mercedes G63
Originally Posted by SixPointThree
I agree with you. My car doesn't leave the garage too often in the winter months (at least not when there is any chance of snow/salt/sand on the roads - no thanks). If I lived in a state with warmer winters, I'd be using it all year for sure. Worth noting though, I have friends that have new G's and they drive in all conditions and I have to say - the paint used on these cars is pretty resilient. It doesn't seem like soft paint that is prone to pitting and chips.
Yes, I know people that do the same and agree they do have good paint. I am just to OCD to do it. I will let someone crack my window in my pickup or slide into that one first lol. They are horrible with chemicals in my state during the winter. I agree, if were in a state like FL or wherever, I would drive it all the time. My sales guy knew a lot of facts on G wagons and was actually telling me how much weight the paint added to the finished G. I guess they have a scratch resistant paint, so they do hold up better than most paint jobs.