G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2021 G63 trade value. 1800 miles. $185k MSRP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 04:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
G63
2021 G63 trade value. 1800 miles. $185k MSRP

What values are you guys seeing nowadays?
Old 09-20-2022, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 SL550;2021 G63, 2019 Lamborghini Urus
$180-190k
Old 09-21-2022, 06:51 AM

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
2021 Arabian Gray AMG G63: 2022 RAM TRX Lvl2
Carfax has trade in value around 205-210k depending on miles.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,054 Likes on 805 Posts
G550
Interesting pricing dynamics happening here. 14 months ago when V8 production was suspended, prices spiked to MSRP + $100K on new G63s. ADMs have moderated to maybe about half as much, and prices on used '20 - '21 models are dropping to around MSRP. Is this entirely shrinking demand due to financing rate hikes and maybe a bit due to fuel costs, or is the market "on hold" awaiting the EQG? Can any insiders offer an opinion?
Old 09-21-2022, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 450 Likes on 358 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
Originally Posted by streborx
Interesting pricing dynamics happening here. 14 months ago when V8 production was suspended, prices spiked to MSRP + $100K on new G63s. ADMs have moderated to maybe about half as much, and prices on used '20 - '21 models are dropping to around MSRP. Is this entirely shrinking demand due to financing rate hikes and maybe a bit due to fuel costs, or is the market "on hold" awaiting the EQG? Can any insiders offer an opinion?
The spike was due to the uncertainty of any V8's being produced in the future. Now that we know there will be G V8's the ADM's have receded to their normal level. EQG not a factor since it is so far out.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,495 Likes on 987 Posts
No more MB:(
IMO, financing, price exhaustion, and economic headwinds. Dealers are still able to land larger ADM's with monied clients but not stupid ones. My sales guy said people were driving off with 5K monthly's on 63's...absolutley insane unless you're making mega money. The party is coming to an end. I'm hoping 550's can be had at msrp in year. The one thing for sure is the demand for 63's will always be there, so ADM's not likely to go away. We'll see.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:03 PM
haa

Received 196 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by places
IMO, financing, price exhaustion, and economic headwinds. Dealers are still able to land larger ADM's with monied clients but not stupid ones. My sales guy said people were driving off with 5K monthly's on 63's...absolutley insane unless you're making mega money. The party is coming to an end. I'm hoping 550's can be had at msrp in year. The one thing for sure is the demand for 63's will always be there, so ADM's not likely to go away. We'll see.
Fed has vowed to keep tightening until prices fall and the stock market seems to have finally gotten the message! Dealers will be lucky to see MSRP on any car one year from now!
Old 09-24-2022, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe it is mainly due to

Right now, mainly the high interest rates. 6 months ago we were talking 3%, right now it around 6.5% and keeps going up!

Additionally, Mercedes has already marked up the 2022 G 63 MSRP by a whopping $23,000! So let's say if you pay $30K over MSRP, you are effectively paying $53K above new '21 G63... The difference is that Mercedes decided to take a cut of the Dealerships' Mark-up up front!

Finally, we are soft landing into a recession right now... Next year it is going to get very ugly. Most G wagon owners will try to sell their cars to lock up any amount of money they can before they go too deep underwater. Which means there will be a flood of used G-Wagons on the market.. Prices will dip significantly because of the supply... Everyone will get a much better deal on used ones leaving the new ones sitting on dealerships floors. at some point they will be selling it at or slightly above MSRP to get rid of them
Old 09-24-2022, 04:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
G63, 911S, ModelX, Tacoma
Originally Posted by Pharaohsaurus

Right now, mainly the high interest rates. 6 months ago we were talking 3%, right now it around 6.5% and keeps going up!

Additionally, Mercedes has already marked up the 2022 G 63 MSRP by a whopping $23,000! So let's say if you pay $30K over MSRP, you are effectively paying $53K above new '21 G63... The difference is that Mercedes decided to take a cut of the Dealerships' Mark-up up front!

Finally, we are soft landing into a recession right now... Next year it is going to get very ugly. Most G wagon owners will try to sell their cars to lock up any amount of money they can before they go too deep underwater. Which means there will be a flood of used G-Wagons on the market.. Prices will dip significantly because of the supply... Everyone will get a much better deal on used ones leaving the new ones sitting on dealerships floors. at some point they will be selling it at or slightly above MSRP to get rid of them

Oh boy do I hope you are spot on. A soft landing and an overabundance of used cars...

My views is a tad different. A promise of a soft landing is akin to a promise of a 2 week lockdown. Powell clearly stated "pain" for the market is our way out of this. Pain doesn't signal a soft landing. Neither does the fact that Ford has 45,000 F150 sitting, unable to be sold due to parts shortages, GM is @ 95,000. Rates going up should cause people to hold onto their cars longer which in turn will lead to a tighter used car market... The market isn't pricing in a soft landing, Ford is down 23% over the past 30 days...
Old 09-24-2022, 04:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
G63, 911S, ModelX, Tacoma
Originally Posted by Pharaohsaurus

Oh boy do I hope you are spot on. A soft landing and an overabundance of used cars...

My view is a tad different. A promise of a soft landing is akin to a promise of a 2 week Covid lockdown. Powell clearly stated "pain" for the market is our way out of this. Pain doesn't signal a soft landing. To me that sounds more like a significant crash.

As for the used car market, Ford has 45,000 F150 sitting, unable to be sold due to parts shortages, GM is @ 95,000. Rates going up will cause people to hold onto their cars longer which contributes to an even tighter used car market...

The market isn't pricing in a soft landing, quite the opposite. Ford is down 23% over the past 30 days... I don't know what flood you are referring to. What vehicle would a G owner switch to in order to cut expense? Or are you proposing a scenario where things will be so bad as to cause me and others to simply get rid of any "luxury" items. If that is your assumption, then I'd like to point out that it runs contrary to your position of soft landing.

Last edited by gokro; 09-24-2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2022, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gokro

My view is a tad different. A promise of a soft landing is akin to a promise of a 2 week Covid lockdown. Powell clearly stated "pain" for the market is our way out of this. Pain doesn't signal a soft landing. To me that sounds more like a significant crash.

As for the used car market, Ford has 45,000 F150 sitting, unable to be sold due to parts shortages, GM is @ 95,000. Rates going up will cause people to hold onto their cars longer which contributes to an even tighter used car market...

The market isn't pricing in a soft landing, quite the opposite. Ford is down 23% over the past 30 days... I don't know what flood you are referring to. What vehicle would a G owner switch to in order to cut expense? Or are you proposing a scenario where things will be so bad as to cause me and others to simply get rid of any "luxury" items. If that is your assumption, then I'd like to point out that it runs contrary to your position of soft landing.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough... When I said "Soft Landing" I meant what it mistakingly appears to be thus far and hence why I followed it with the notion that next year it will be a bloodbath or "Will get ugly".

I am obviously not talking about used Toyotas or Hyundais, because owners of these kind of cars are the consumers that will hold onto their possessions and spend less during a recession.

My point was regarding the G-Wagon owners representing the whole tribe of consumers that buy Ultra Luxury products for Thousands above retail. Just like Rolex/AP/Patek.. etc watch buyers. We are underwater the moment we (Luxury car owners) decided to pay all these thousands above MSRP and hence when recession hits, owners of this kind of goods are the first to rush out of the door to salvage as much as they can!

Just to put things into perspective, The market of certain Luxury Watches that have been a valuable investment stable for decades have dropped 25%-45% just in the past 4 months!! If that is what is happening with goods that appreciate in value, you can only imagine what will happen with Luxury Cars that lose value the moment it drives off the dealer's lot!