So the Gwag was keyed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:55 PM
JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
Originally Posted by Stiggs
I think you could've gotten away without giving us that info in this thread....since it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It only makes you come across as the very thing you don't want to be flamed for.
Just my $0.02.

I guess this time being a spoiled rich kid with a rich dad helped, because had my dad not been such a good customer to Mercedes the total cost would have been well over 4500 or more...
I was fortunate enough to be "bumped up" the list due to my father being such a good customer.
I am not one of the teenagers who thinks they know it all and tries to flaunt what they have because I know what its like to be on the receiving end of brainless teenage *****s and their egos.
...sorry merc655, I couldnt resist.. me, I'm just glad my parents were poor, and did'nt inflate my head with materializm.We are Not what we drive.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:33 PM

2006 VW Passat
Originally Posted by JDM
I guess this time being a spoiled rich kid with a rich dad helped, because had my dad not been such a good customer to Mercedes the total cost would have been well over 4500 or more...
I was fortunate enough to be "bumped up" the list due to my father being such a good customer.
I am not one of the teenagers who thinks they know it all and tries to flaunt what they have because I know what its like to be on the receiving end of brainless teenage *****s and their egos.
...sorry merc655, I couldnt resist.. me, I'm just glad my parents were poor, and did'nt inflate my head with materializm.We are Not what we drive.
Well said, when you have just enough to make ends meet, you're happy with the little things, my families like, but my parents have money for a rainy day, and decided to pick up the new passat, we aren't poor, or rich, just average.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:39 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by mand
Well said, when you have just enough to make ends meet, you're happy with the little things, my families like, but my parents have money for a rainy day, and decided to pick up the new passat, we aren't poor, or rich, just average.
Thanks mand...and average is comfortable. For me anyway. I've noticed that often really weathy people can be insensitive to what the rest of us call reality. Money insulates, the more you have, the further removed in many cases, thus the harder to please. And people stab themselves over with many pains in the pursuit of riches.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:51 PM

2006 VW Passat
Average is nice, i like being average cause when you're rich, how you gonna dream big?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:51 PM

a few...
Exactly, I might come off as arrogant/spoiled/whatnot but I came from humble beginnings and I appreciate everything that has been given to me. I know I don't have a job because of school but I excel in that to make my parents happy and in order for me to give my dad a ton of cars when I get older, I know he'll still be crazy about them.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:59 PM

2006 VW Passat
Wink

I like you 655..... after your gwag gets fixed, you wanna buy me a vw navi unit for my b6 passat
Old 03-16-2006, 04:18 PM

2006 VW Passat
You benz guys are rich ...someone buy me nav unit
Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by JoujiAMG
lol,

im 17 and i just got my slk, but if it ever gets keyed i will react in the same way! However, I won't post an essay on the situation, but good on you !

Shut up kid. Look at your own sig.

SLK 55 AMG (2006)
Bentley Continental GT (Abroad)
Porsche Carrera (2002)
Merc CLK 500 (2003)
Bentley Arnage (2002)
Bentley Arnage Long-Wheel Base (2002)
Ferrari Scaglietti (Abroad)

What does that tell us? That tells us that mommy and daddy are rich, and they bought you your SLK. You didn't earn it. You were merely born in money. Just don't be frontin' like "Yeah I'm 15 and I just got my S55." BlTCH please. I'll rape you.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:33 PM

a few...
Thank God someone finally said it!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:11 PM

2006 VW Passat
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Shut up kid. Look at your own sig.

SLK 55 AMG (2006)
Bentley Continental GT (Abroad)
Porsche Carrera (2002)
Merc CLK 500 (2003)
Bentley Arnage (2002)
Bentley Arnage Long-Wheel Base (2002)
Ferrari Scaglietti (Abroad)

What does that tell us? That tells us that mommy and daddy are rich, and they bought you your SLK. You didn't earn it. You were merely born in money. Just don't be frontin' like "Yeah I'm 15 and I just got my S55." BlTCH please. I'll rape you.
very true, if you didn't pay for it with your own hard earned money,its not yours, if your parents bought it for you its theirs not yours.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
merc655, is your insurance not covering it? I find it hard to believe you don't have comprehensive coverage.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:48 PM

a few...
No, it actually came out fine. The car is perfect now, nice and shiny , and the insurance actually did end up covering it, which was nice.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:08 PM

2014 E350S4
Nice, go have fun with it. My car's still in the body shop getting fixed after my own keying incident.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM

G500,toyota supra, 67corvette,05 pathfinder
My old man once told me,

"95% of the people that play the roll of money to burn with all the extra high dollar cars and huge houses usually dont have any money in the bank to fall back on if they need it,"

He also says the real wealthy people( excluding starts ) go out of there way to not be noticed. Yes when they are young you have the bling bling cars, boats, rolex's etc... but as you get older that all goes away I guess he is right, a few of my frineds have net worths over a billion buck. They all went through the Astons, bentlys, porsches, etc now one rides a GMC denali, all stock, and the other has a 06 H2 mostly stock ( it has a small stereo) They live in nicer neighborhood but not gated comunities and 20K sq houses. So for there every day life they are the average joe's to everyone in town.

Now what they do have is the top of the line personal jets, private resorts, huge vacation homes, and art that will not quit, Its like living two lives, Be the all mighty person where no one knows and enjoy the cash and then be the average person with no worries.

I guess im getting the same way, i use to have all the newest stuff from mb, bmw, porsche, Now i have beat up 02 G500 with 56K miles, 67 corvette, and 1300+hp toyta supra. I put my wife in a normal Nissan pathfinder, granted it loaded but but cost $34k, no one looks at it twice and no one fallowes her or my daughter home any more mainly because no one is interested in a pathfinder. As for the keying goes, yes hers has been keyed twice, along with rearended adn she ran into the support beam at the house. Do i care, not really because if i give it away ill loose less money that i did on G in year!

Its all in what a person wants, and if i was 17 and my old man offered me G55 you can bet you *** i would have taken it, well when i was 17 it would have had to be a Lambo countach... but you get the idea.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:09 AM

03' Merc G-500, 04' Merc S-600 AMG, 95' Merc E-320 Cab, 05' Jaguar Super V8, 00' Jaguar XK8
Originally Posted by merc655
No, it actually came out fine. The car is perfect now, nice and shiny , and the insurance actually did end up covering it, which was nice.
Glad it turned out ok.

Just watch out where you park it next time!
Old 03-22-2006, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Originally Posted by Kerr
My old man once told me,

"95% of the people that play the roll of money to burn with all the extra high dollar cars and huge houses usually dont have any money in the bank to fall back on if they need it,"

He also says the real wealthy people( excluding starts ) go out of there way to not be noticed. Yes when they are young you have the bling bling cars, boats, rolex's etc... but as you get older that all goes away I guess he is right, a few of my frineds have net worths over a billion buck. They all went through the Astons, bentlys, porsches, etc now one rides a GMC denali, all stock, and the other has a 06 H2 mostly stock ( it has a small stereo) They live in nicer neighborhood but not gated comunities and 20K sq houses. So for there every day life they are the average joe's to everyone in town.

Now what they do have is the top of the line personal jets, private resorts, huge vacation homes, and art that will not quit, Its like living two lives, Be the all mighty person where no one knows and enjoy the cash and then be the average person with no worries.

I guess im getting the same way, i use to have all the newest stuff from mb, bmw, porsche, Now i have beat up 02 G500 with 56K miles, 67 corvette, and 1300+hp toyta supra. I put my wife in a normal Nissan pathfinder, granted it loaded but but cost $34k, no one looks at it twice and no one fallowes her or my daughter home any more mainly because no one is interested in a pathfinder. As for the keying goes, yes hers has been keyed twice, along with rearended adn she ran into the support beam at the house. Do i care, not really because if i give it away ill loose less money that i did on G in year!

Its all in what a person wants, and if i was 17 and my old man offered me G55 you can bet you *** i would have taken it, well when i was 17 it would have had to be a Lambo countach... but you get the idea.
Well said
Old 03-22-2006, 08:55 PM

a few...
Kerr, your father is a very intelligent man.

Granted, most of the people on the board would assume that this is the case with a lot of the members here with the high-end cars that are all tricked out, but I just want to jump in and say that, although not a lot of people will care and will only jump to conclusions for this response and classify this as an "insecurity" (it is not), my family used to be the one who bought the nice houses and all the nice cars so that everyone could know just how well he has done. But now, as your money gets "older", people tend to be much more reserved with their purchases and presentation to other people. I mean, it will appear that we are the perfect example of the 95%, but my family is full of gearheads. My father had six different cars his first year of driving, no he didn't wreck them all, only the Vette that was literally run over in his HS parking lot, he is just a true gearhead.
I know this really has nothing to do with anything, but I am part of a "car club" down here in South Florida and the really funny part is, is that every other member always talks about how my brother and I dress in t-shirts and shorts and never, ever try to outshow anyone, except for the car area. Granted, I might come off as an arrogant ***** online or what not, but in reality, I tend to blend in and only talk about what I have once it has been brought into the conversation by another person, which I still don't brag because I view it as trashy and unnecessary.

Okay, sorry for the long-winded, completely useless answer. I just felt like responding because I am on a school trip and am really bored...
Old 03-23-2006, 08:03 PM

2006 VW Passat
Nice to know your Gwag is okay, and that insurance covered it...You benz guys are cool I admire your style, you're rich roll in nice cars, but are normal, genuine if you will.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I'm very sorry to hear about the keying.

I am also a lucky child. My mother bought me a brand new 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sports Sedan because I had good SAT scores. I was seventeen at the time. That was the norm for my high school. Everybody drove brand new vehichles. We pretty much looked a lot like a BMW dealership actually. Lots of M3 and 3 series vehicles. Other cars included Infiniti G35s, etc. Ironically, even though there were some people who were total jackasses, nothing happened to their cars. I was concerned once for an infamous person's car, even though I didn't like the person. But ironically, nothing ever happened to it.

I'm glad that my high school peers were educated enough to respect other people's property.

The sad part about owning good cars is the fact that other less educated people don't understand nor respect your right to drive a nice car. These people are jealous (for lack of a better word) of things that you have that they don't. They will steal it from you if it's something they can get away with (like I've had my fountain pens stolen, valued at hundreds of dollars a piece not to mention the sentimental value), or they will attempt to damage or deface it if it's something they can't steal, such as a car.

As people of greater decency and education, we should try our best to be polite and proper and lead through example of what proper behavior should look like. There are some extremely wealthy people that have no class, and because they associate and act like these less educated beings, they are sometimes subjected to the harshness of their world. Thus, these people when they drive to meet their "ghetto" friends (ghetto is proper English) and leave their car unattended, they're asking for their cars to be damaged.

My suggestions:

1. Don't go to bad places in town. Why would you want to? You're better than that. Don't have "ghetto" friends. If you have to meet a "ghetto" friend, don't invite him to your neighborhood, nor should you meet him in his, meet in middle ground.

2. Don't be snobby. Do you think I'm snobby? If you do, you might be right. But I'm not snobby about money. I'm not even snobby about new/old money. I'm snobby about one thing, your education and how you carry yourself. Do you act like a rap musician who has a lot of money but not a lot of brain? If so, I may be inclined to like you less than if you weren't otherwise.

3. Do onto others as you would have others do onto you. The Golden Rule. We learned this in Kindergarten.

4. If you find the person who keyed your car, talk to them, ask them why they did it. Then, if the damage isn't too bad, and you think they learned something and they're genuinely sorry, let them go. However, if they still haven't learned their lesson, then you don't have to be a nice guy.

I hope my advice helps all who read it.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I think it depends on the kind of friends and what reputation you have at school. I have the most expensive car in the (highschool) parking lot and no one touches my car. I'm friendly with all folks.
Same here, but that's just because I'm a gangster
Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Vandalism

I have been rather fortunate. HOWEVER.... Last year the wifey and I were at our favorite watering hole across the river in West Virginia in the 360. Came out and some punk had PUNCHED the car. There they were. 4 Knuckle imprints. The car is aluminum and that HAD to hurt.

Fortunately the folks at the paintless dent repair fixed it and for free. TYhey were just happy to see the car.....
Old 04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
PCH

'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
Its ok daddy will fix it.

Now if i could just get mine keyed then insurace could pay for all the custom tree pinstriping!
Another informative post by Kerr. Thanks for contributing!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
My old man once told me,

..............I think that going out of one's way one way or the other makes no sense to me. I think if you are wealthy and you make a special point of a driving a corolla.............not because it is the car you prefer but because you want to make a point....then to me you are just as arrogant as the guy with very few bucks who is driving a high dollar car to make a point. One need not go out of their way to make a point one way or the other. Just live your life wichever way you choose and that's it. If you prefer to save funds and buy a less expensive car because you want to have some cash for retirement, then I admire that. If you buy the cheap car so others can say.......look at that very nice rich man driving a corolla, then to me that person is as much a show off as anyone else. If Donald Trump shows up at a charity event in a Ford Pinto, then he is as much a show off as everyone else.

Ted
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 PM
PCH

'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..............I think that going out of one's way one way or the other makes no sense to me. I think if you are wealthy and you make a special point of a driving a corolla.............not because it is the car you prefer but because you want to make a point....then to me you are just as arrogant as the guy with very few bucks who is driving a high dollar car to make a point. One need not go out of their way to make a point one way or the other. Just live your life wichever way you choose and that's it. If you prefer to save funds and buy a less expensive car because you want to have some cash for retirement, then I admire that. If you buy the cheap car so others can say.......look at that very nice rich man driving a corolla, then to me that person is as much a show off as anyone else. If Donald Trump shows up at a charity event in a Ford Pinto, then he is as much a show off as everyone else.

Ted
WELL SAID.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:33 PM

a few...
Initially, I did agree with Kerr... but I guess I wasn't reading his post as a whole and just certain parts of it. I'd actually have to go with Ted's opinion here as his actually seems the most valid and realistic.
Everyone has the choice to live their own life and do what they want to do, whether it is buy nice things and act like a *****, or buy cheap things and act like a rocker, or any which combination....
when it comes down to it, just realize that there is this great thing called Karma in life. If you aren't an ignorant ***** and bad things happen, I'm sure things will be reciprocated for the violators down the road (hopefully worse though).

Everything is fine now, no further incidents to report besides a few thumbs up from actually respectable people complimenting the cars. I hope nothing like this happens again in the future, but unfortunately... noone knows that for sure. For those of you like the teenager in California old with Bentleys abroad, you can always have your opinion and state it... but that doesn't mean anyone will like you.
And for those of you who actually were respectable and supportive throughout the incident, I just wanted to say thanks because I didn't post this up to be a pity party, just wanted to share stories with fellow auto enthusiasts.
Happy Motoring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: So the Gwag was keyed...