Squeeking and Door Hinge Rust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G55
Arrow Squeeking and Door Hinge Rust

Hey all,

I have a new (to me) 2010 G55. When I drive it, it has non-stop fairly loud squeeks that I am thinking come from somewhere in front of the driver. Its hard to tell as there may be multiple places.

Do you guys have some suggestions on how to start finding where the squeeks are coming from? The squeeks are loud and seem like from all over when driving.

Second question. See attached pics. Is there anything I can do to fix this rust coming out of the door hinges? I was told "spray wd40 in them".. but I think wd 40 is more of a lube and just dries up.

Thoughts?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails Squeeking and Door Hinge Rust-hinge1.png   Squeeking and Door Hinge Rust-hinge2.png  
Old 03-28-2017, 02:01 PM

Received 135 Likes on 111 Posts
993 TT
The rubber gaskets on the doors are notorious for causing mouse like squeaking and should be the first thing you address. MB makes some lube you can coat on the doors that helps. I've heard a thin layer of vaseline works as well.

Be sure to check over the whole car for rust. My 2010 had some issues that needed to be addressed especially right under the front windshield.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:58 PM

G55
Hew Drew,

I actually sent you a PM like a month ago asking about your experience with the window rust.

As far as the rubber gaskets.. I looked at the door and I only see like a rubber tube that probably holds wires for the power in the door. I searched google for info as well but did not see anything.

Sorry I am a newbie with the G's.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:34 PM

G55
So I made a recording of the squeek. It is like this almost all the time.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fFDBrU3rAh

Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2017, 03:52 PM

1981 280GE 5 door Auto
I also had the squeaking on my G55. Chased every possible cause, even thought it might have been a loose exhaust. Eventually turned out to be the 2 bonnet catches rubbing against the bonnet catch. Drop a bit of oil or grease on each catch mechanism and see is this solves your problem
Old 04-20-2017, 12:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
I could not see your video but also check the hood where it latches down. Also known to rub and make noise. There are a few posts about it

Originally Posted by shocked
So I made a recording of the squeek. It is like this almost all the time.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fFDBrU3rAh

Any ideas?