MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   G55 AMG (W463) (https://mbworld.org/forums/g55-amg-w463-59/)
-   -   18 G63 stalling (https://mbworld.org/forums/g55-amg-w463/735763-18-g63-stalling.html)

bb85 02-12-2019 11:31 PM

18 G63 stalling

Hello everyone, we have an issue and I’m hoping someone can help. My brother in law is having issues with his 2018 G63, it was a new purchase from a dealership and has roughly 1,100 miles. The car has been stalling at stop lights each time he has to turn the ignition off then on, the problem first occurred at roughly 800 miles. Originally he thought he had hit the ignition with his knee but after a few more stalls he knew that wasn’t the case. The car is currently at a dealership in SoCal, the tech says there are no codes that they can find. I have seen other threads about S63’s having this issue but no one has posted a definitive answer. Any information anyone has regarding this would be great, thank you all in advance .

CDHG63 02-13-2019 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by bb85 (Post 7680252)
Hello everyone, we have an issue and I’m hoping someone can help. My brother in law is having issues with his 2018 G63, it was a new purchase from a dealership and has roughly 1,100 miles. The car has been stalling at stop lights each time he has to turn the ignition off then on, the problem first occurred at roughly 800 miles. Originally he thought he had hit the ignition with his knee but after a few more stalls he knew that wasn’t the case. The car is currently at a dealership in SoCal, the tech says there are no codes that they can find. I have seen other threads about S63’s having this issue but no one has posted a definitive answer. Any information anyone has regarding this would be great, thank you all in advance .

Replace both batteries...primary and aux...might fix your problem...gremlins go away with fresh batteries!! Sometimes

Trevor Klann 06-26-2019 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by bb85 (Post 7680252)

Just curious as I'm having the same problem with my G63, did the dealership ever figure out the problem?

bb85 06-26-2019 10:19 AM

Sorry I should of posted an update. So after a lot of back and forth, it was declared a lemon. The dealership went above and beyond for us, they couldn’t never replicate the issue but from what I understand, they pulled info off the ECU and sent it to Mercedes NA. Apparently they got a call and said do not give the car back to us. The car was at the dealership for roughly 45 days, it had already spent 18 days at another dealership. What is strange each time I saw the car it was in one piece. The day we go to sign over the paperwork to release it to the 3rd party buy back, the car was completely taken apart. We never found out the main issue, that being said the area we live in has quite a lot of G55/G63 owners. When I run into them at the gas station most of them have experienced a stalling issue of some sort. My advice is to document it each time it occurs buy a cheap dash cam to capture when it happens and call Mercedes NA each time. Start leaving a paper trial of your issues with it. Best of luck with the car, sorry for the price you think they could better trouble shoot the issue.

Trevor Klann 06-26-2019 05:30 PM

Thanks for the response. Just curious, how often was it stalling? Everytime you stopped?

I've owned mine now for 2 months, and it's done it 3 times, once 3 weeks ago, and then twice within 10 minutes about a week ago. Wondering if your's was more or less frequent.

bb85 06-26-2019 09:02 PM

It happened 4 times, all before we hit 900 miles. 2 were at a stop, we would start rolling and then the engine would turn off and two we were actually going roughly 20 mph and it would turn off and we had to glide to a safe stop. We only had the car for 30 days in our possession, the rest of the time it was at the dealers. I highly suggest you contact Mercedes Benz customer service (800) 367-6372
start the paper trail. Also there is a article I read about the S and E classes that had the same issue, I will try to find it for you. Lastly have the service manager have the car inspected, and detest drive it.