General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

Mercedes-Benz is hopeless! car camshaft was worn out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C-Class
Mercedes-Benz is hopeless! car camshaft was worn out?

Hi, I am michaelcsc from Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur and I am seeking for assistance. My mercedes has been through thick and thin. I only send my car to authorized service center. I went all out paying for unnecessary damages:

The matter has been referred to Mercedes-Benz Malaysia(Mr. Amin Ott) via Hap Seng Star Sdn Bhd but my appeal was rejected.I was really puzzled and very dissatisfied as to why my 3 and a half years old C200 (Only done 85000 Kilometers) would require such a major repairs. I could only conclude that either the Mercedes Benz quality is lousy or there was negligence on the part of Hap Seng Star. Subsequently, I have forwarded my issue to the regional office to theInternational Mercedes Benz customer service, but they have not been replying me. Now, whom do I seek for assistance? How do I forward my issue to the Headquarters? Below is the summary of services done (Read this to see how bad Mercedes is!):

13-02-2008 New car delivered
27-05-2010 Warranty works
a. Roughly about 2 months before the normal service, the engine oil indicator light was on; I need to top-up 2 liters’ of engine oil.
b. Send to Hap Seng Star for replacement of ‘worn oil seal’; which caused internal engine oil leakage.
22-10-2010 Normal Service
a. I complained to the service supervisor, Ah Meng(I think) that the engine oil still dropped but the engine oil indicator light did not light up. I did top-up with 1 liter of engine about 2 months before the normal service.
b. Ah Meng replied that he did ask the technician to check but found nothing abnormal. It is ok, he said
24-02-2011 Normal Service
a. I complained to the service supervisor, Hong( I think) on the same problem but this time round the engine oil indicator light was on ! I did the top-up on engine oil.
b. Hong gave similar answer but advised me that the next time the indicator light appear, don’t top-up but immediately send the car for inspection.
11-07-2011
a. Engine oil indicator light appeared, send car for inspection as per 3.a advice above.
b. Mr See mentioned that the technician could not find anything abnormal but advised me to return car for thorough check after the car clocked 200-300 km and below 1000km.
18-07-2011
a. Send car for checking as per advice 4.b above.
b. Was told the ‘internal engine oil leak’ was cause by valve seal. In additional the camshaft sprocket was worn-off (photo attached) and therefore faulty.
c. Major repair was done.
21-09-2011
a. Another repair was done on to replace faulty ignition control unit/key.
21-11-2011
a. Just after 3 months, the engine oil indicator light was on again!
b. I had to top-up 2 liters of engine oil (investigation still pending)
Questions:
a. The ‘internal engine oil leak’ investigation was not done thoroughly during the repair done on 27-05-2010 as the problem still persist and settled much later despite my complains. Negligence on the part of Hap Seng Star?
b. The major repair work to replace the ‘worn oil seal’ done on 27-05-2010 was not done properly resulting the camshaft to worn-off subsequently. Again, negligence?
c. If none of the above is true, my only conclusion is Mercedes-Benz produces lousy parts.
d. Am I just unfortunate?

As mentioned, my appeal has been rejected by Mercedes-Benz Malaysia, it leave me no choice but to initiate other options. Now, whom do I seek for assistance? How do I forward my issue to the Headquarters?

Conclusion: Internal oil leak problem still exist since the warranty service. This internal oil leak, the ignition control and the camshaft problem reflects the poor engineering and workmanship of Mercedes Benz. Who expects to get these poor parts and engineering from a renown car manufacturing company, such as Mercedes-Bens? This car is no longer safe for me and my family..

Last edited by michaelcsc; 11-22-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C-Class
This car's milleage is very low, Is it possible to forward this issue to the merz headquarters?