General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

BAS/ESP/ETS/ABS/HAND BRAKE LIGHTS ON

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ml430
BAS/ESP/ETS/ABS/HAND BRAKE LIGHTS ON

HI EVERYONE THIS ONE IS FOR MAJ DUNDEE AS HE SEEMS TO BE THE GURU OF THIS PROBLEMS
I OWN AN ML430 2000 Model had it for three months had esp problems within a week of buying this vehicle.after seven minutes or so that the car is driven or stopped at idle i get the first four lights on dash
BAS/ESP ETS/ABS the Brake light and the Hand Brake light all come up at the same time with an audible beep beep, i loose the speedo and the car goes into Transmission Limp Mode it stays in the last gear before dash lights came on,i pull over turn ignition Off restart engine and and car runs good with no lights on dash . this seems to be happening first thing in the morning also the other day i started the car and left it running while i was washing it after work and true to itself after seven minutes dash lit up like a christmas tree with all the above mentioned lights on. I replaced Brake Switch, I replaced the K25 relay resoldered all the pins on ABS Pump card i pulled Abs motor out took it to local re-winding factory for check up they tell me pump looks like new theytested it which i can confirm myself i checked it brushes have plenty of meat on them and the winding looks new,checked all the abs sensors they all chek ok with ohm meter,checked all Pad wear sensors all checked ok,re initialised steering wheel sensor by turning left/right, jumped relay k25 direct to pump and left running for ten minutes never missed a beat put motor back drove in the morning after seven minutes same thing all lights on, stopped restarted no problems. Re-scanned and the following are the codes that i am getting every time
P0600 Can of ESP P0500 which i think is the rear left abs sensor
P1905 Can Acceleration for poor road recognition P0720 and 134 being Sporadic loss of communication from Can to ESP Control Module
B1041 Can Communication Fault to Traction System Control Module previous scans were also picking up C1401 brake return pressure but no longer comes up.I removed N47 (ESP) Control Module cleaned all pins and plugs but they looked ok the way they were i am at a loss now don't know where else to look and to check,waiting for my laptom module so that i can scan with C3 mb scanner which i bought on line in the mean time any help or idea would be much appreciated as i like this car it drives fantastic and so smooth apart from the ESP assiociated problems
thank you all for any help and input
Guido
Old 06-14-2017, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 ML270
i'm having the same problem I think (ML270). did you ever find a solution to this?