General Discussion of Mercedes-Benz Classics Misc Discussion of the Classics, car spottings, museums etc.

LURKER'S Why Not Answer? YEAH YOU!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
560SL
LURKER'S Why Not Answer? YEAH YOU!

I'd like to know why so few of these advice postings go unanswered?
Its safe to say the knowledge deep within this forum is pretty spectacular. I know for a fact this is true because my dad was an avid collector & restorer, he too used to scan this forum, chat with other members & get his MB dose for the day.

Gear-heads y'all know your stuff, lend a hand & answer some of these questions when posted. Won't kill ya! You have a wealth of knowledge & it's a shame not to share it. How do you think the younger generation is going to keep these vintage models alive & kicking? They need your help or they wouldn't be asking.

For whatever it's worth, if you see a post & it's something you can lend a hand in clarifying, please do it. That's what these forums were intended for in the first place, sharing knowledge & so on.

Hope you're all having a splendid day & let's please keep this forum alive. By helping out your fellow enthusiasts we can make this forum the best MB resource out there.

Cheers
Ruth
Old 06-01-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
1967 250SE, 2020 GLB250, 2006 SL500, 2023 EQB300
Ruth,
Is there a particular question(s) that you asked and did not receive a reply? I see that you had 8 posts so far, 4 of them offering parts for sale however in 7 days you were able to analyze, label this forum and criticize it. If you would post your location and the vehicles in your garage you may find that members will jump to help you as it was my experience for the last 11 years.

Radu
Old 07-03-2018, 09:17 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
cls550 2014
Simple answer is there are better forums out there for older Mercedes, either model specific or general. This forum/site seem pretty much for newer cars.

the only reason I'm here is for my C218 chassis, but since the cars are newer there is no discussion on how to fix them, just what bling to add to them. This is the first time I ever even came to the Classic forum here in 6 months.