Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

EMB taking donations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E420
EMB taking donations

Donate To Derrick Lee Pack

Posted on December 7, 2005 at 11:15 AM CST

By now, I'm sure you've all read our story about Derrick Lee Pack. If you haven't, you can find it here.

As we posted in our last update, before officially taking donations, we wanted to make sure we had a way to get Derrick any donations or items that we receive.

Since that time, we have been in contact with Richard Charan, the editor that originally ran Derrick's story, and we can finally say that we are ready to start taking donations.

Before I tell you how you can help, I want to address those that have questioned or might be questioning why we're choosing to help Derrick.

Every day, we we wake up, and are constantly bombarded with negative news stories. If you watch the news, there's not a day that goes by that you won't hear about people starving, fighting, dying, the list goes on and on.

It's gotten to the point that the stories that focus on good things are almost entirely forgotten.

We know that there are countless numbers of people out there that trying to make the world a better place, but we also know that many times, their stories are never heard - and we wanted to do something about it.

That's why we're helping Derrick. We want to prove to Derrick, and the world for that matter, that regardless of how many problems exist, and regardless of how many negative stories you hear, there are people out there that care, and there are people out trying to make the world a better place - even if it is just a little Mercedes blog most people have never heard of.

Sorry, I'm starting to sound like a Red Cross commercial.

If you would like to donate, keep reading for instructions on how to lend your support. If not, thanks for reading Derrick's story, and we hope that his story will inspire you in some way.

Here is the link to EMB if you want to donate

http://emercedesbenz.com/Dec05/07Don...ckLeePack.html