Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Question: 2007 E-Class vs 2008 C-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Mercedes Question: 2007 E-Class vs 2008 C-Class

MBWorld,

This is my first post on the forum after being a long time reader. Next year I am buying a Mercedes-Benz sedan. My question is that for about the same price I can get a 2007 E-Class with nice options OR I can get a 2008 C-Class (likely a C300 Sport), which one should I choose?

I am not looking for specific listings at this point but I desire a balance between class/awe-factor and sportiness. Obviously, I am not going to buy an AMG at this phase in my life but performance numbers are, in general, important to me although I am not down to the millisecond mark on that - just in general. I like the E-Class's very nice interior that is, to me, very high quality. But the C300 of a year later seems to be sportier and very very well built as well. I am a younger guy that wants a sporty sedan and also luxury not typically found in cars of men my age (women are important as I must admit). What are your personal opinions? Additionally, is the newer C-Class safer than the "previous generation" E-Class (before the major redesigns)? Miscellaneously, drilled rotors, SatNav, engine torque/HP (petrol only), safety features, performance look, sound system, and reliability are important to me as well. I would consider an AMG sport-kit as well if it did not cost me too much extra and came with the car I was buying.

Thanks to all in advance.

~AMGAffalterbach

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 08-07-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 Sport
I currently own a '03 Mercedes E320 Sport, which is the "non-Facelifted" version of the 07 E Class. It's a really nice car, I also own a c300 Sport 4matic Black on Black. Go for the E Class. Seats are much more holding, and made of better material, and hold you in tighter, Trunk space is much greater, rear seat space is more, Interior is made of much better quality material, and your getting more out of your money with an E class.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
That is what I think I am going to do after test driving both. Thanks.