Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Portugal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes A Class
Portugal

Anyone got any advice about driving in Portugal? We'll be there for a wedding, and I want to organise a special surprise as a present to the groom (i am his best man). Thinking about hiring an exotic car for a day - maybe an SLR Mclaren. If I am to do this, I want to make sure there are some good roads for driving on, or if he would even be able to take it onto the Estoril track for a few hours?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by PStanton
Anyone got any advice about driving in Portugal? We'll be there for a wedding, and I want to organise a special surprise as a present to the groom (i am his best man). Thinking about hiring an exotic car for a day - maybe an SLR Mclaren. If I am to do this, I want to make sure there are some good roads for driving on, or if he would even be able to take it onto the Estoril track for a few hours?
I was in Madrid in May (go to Fatima for a day), driving over Portugal as in the US, not crazy like Paris (street is narrow, people drive like crazy in Paris). The roads are good, the people is friendly, sceneries are beautiful in Portugal, I will visit Madrid & Portugal again, this time will stay longer to enjoy it. Exoctic for renting ?, you may have to do some reseach before you get there, most of the rental cars there are SEAT or Volks. in Madrid.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:44 AM

Between cars
I am not sure about driving on the Estoril track, you would have to find out first of all whether they allow private cars on the track and second whether a rental company will let you take a car on the track. You could try these guys for exotics, i know they rent luxury cars in Lisbon, and probably other places in Portugal. Even if he doesn't get to go on the track, most of the roads are good and it is a fantastic country to drive around.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:51 AM

Between cars
Northern Portugal is supposed to be absolutely stunning and a lot quieter than some of the resorts on the South Coast - might be a good destination for some relatively quiet driving!