Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

CPO Lexus ES 350 vs MB E Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E Class
CPO Lexus ES 350 vs MB E Class

Currently debating between Lexus and MB Sedan CPO or used 3 years 50k miles. Looking for something nicer than a Camry but not wanting to take out a second mortgage for repairs and maintenance.

From my anecdotal experience Mercedes is more luxurious, better materials, and more technology. Lexus is more reliable and lower cost to own. I could care less about the badge on the car, just want a nice car that is quality that I can drive for 10 years with few problems.

I am aware that the MB is a more expensive car new, but at 3 years 50k they are about the same price.

Last edited by martin545; 05-30-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:25 PM

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts
2014 C63 Coupe
Maintenance on the MB will cost a lot more over time. Even though the cars are the same price now, they weren't when they started and the maintenance reflects that. Not necessarily scheduled services but anything that breaks after the respective CPO warranties have expired will certainly be in the Camry...err ES350's favor.

I really don't see the two cars being comparable though as an ES350 is really just a tarted up front wheel drive Camry and an E class...well, that's a whole other market all together. No one cross shopped these two cars when they were new.