MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   General Mercedes Discussion (https://mbworld.org/forums/general-mercedes-discussion-22/)
-   -   NEW CALIFONIA EXHAUST LAW $$$ (https://mbworld.org/forums/general-mercedes-discussion/732193-new-califonia-exhaust-law.html)

S550e 01-07-2019 01:59 AM

NEW CALIFONIA EXHAUST LAW $$$

California Section 4 of AB 1824 can now fine people for having a loud exhaust. No more fix it tickets. Fine can be up to $1000. It is up to the officer's discretion if your exhaust is loud or not. Spread the word and sign this petition to nullify it.

Change.org (click here)

kajtek1 01-07-2019 02:38 AM

Here goes source of free muffler upgrades for generators.
Poor Harley owners :eek:

Gazwould 01-07-2019 03:44 AM

What a load of booolacks , discretion , lol , everything must be quantifiable , what decibels @ what rpm .
​​​​​​
Download an app !

KEY08 01-07-2019 08:06 AM

My stock Shelby exhaust at WOT would never pass muster.

sixstring09 01-07-2019 10:56 AM

All states should pass this law.

TeeEl 01-07-2019 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by sixstring09 (Post 7647955)

Amen. I ****ing HATE this crap. Color me happy about this. Maybe it'll help shut up those morons who rev their cars at 1 in the morning, or 7 in the morning.

Mitch Alsup 01-07-2019 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by sixstring09 (Post 7647955)

There are many race tracks with laws more restrictive at the track than on the road leading to the track. 95DbA

Alandf 01-07-2019 11:29 PM

I have a neighbor (old dude) with a Harley and he has obviously removed the baffles from the mufflers. Looks legal ,but when he revs it it is deafening. Likes to rev it like a little boy with a toy truck. Didn't we all.
So.. in some cases I will agree with the new law.

Cosworth2000 01-08-2019 10:47 AM

Here in Canada, our Government copies everything California does. It's BS to put a law on exhaust sounds because this will simply be a bias signal for police to pull over cars for a cash grab opportunity.

gfmohn 01-08-2019 06:55 PM

The sound of silence

When the general public realizes that electric cars are MUCH faster that even the "hottest" internal combustion cars, neighbors will smirk and say, "If you wanted a fast car, why didn't you buy an electric car? My grandmother's Tesla is faster that your AMG!" Then this crap of loud exhausts will end. (I notice you're not getting much sympathy here. Try the AMG forum.)

exhaustgases 01-08-2019 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by gfmohn (Post 7649265)
When the general public realizes that electric cars are MUCH faster that even the "hottest" internal combustion cars, neighbors will smirk and say, "If you wanted a fast car, why didn't you buy an electric car? My grandmother's Tesla is faster that your AMG!" Then this crap of loud exhausts will end. (I notice you're not getting much sympathy here. Try the AMG forum.)

They are dangerous, if you can't remove those dangerous battery's then don't park it in a garage you care about, especially if it is attached to your home. Yeah mag power would be great if you do it with out battery's.

TeeEl 01-08-2019 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by gfmohn (Post 7649265)
When the general public realizes that electric cars are MUCH faster that even the "hottest" internal combustion cars...

Except that they're not. I mean, some Teslas are faster than most ICEs (and some ICEs are faster than most EVs)... but by and large Teslas are around 4.5-5.5s for naught to 60 and do 1/4 miles in 13-14ish seconds. The faster ones are, sure, faster... but there's no broad brush painting here. (Plus, you can still mod and upgrade ICEs to drop into 9-10s 1/4 miles which puts them as fast as the fastest Teslas (roadster excluded).) Most people don't have the really fast EVs, and most people don't have the really fast ICEs. We're in the middle. :nix:

gfmohn 01-09-2019 04:56 PM

The end is near

[Q[i]UOTE=exhaustgases;7649413]They are dangerous, if you can't remove those dangerous battery's then don't park it in a garage you care about, especially if it is attached to your home. Yeah mag power would be great if you do it with out battery's.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by TeeEl (Post 7649426)
Except that they're not. I mean, some Teslas are faster than most ICEs (and some ICEs are faster than most EVs)... but by and large Teslas are around 4.5-5.5s for naught to 60 and do 1/4 miles in 13-14ish seconds. The faster ones are, sure, faster... but there's no broad brush painting here. (Plus, you can still mod and upgrade ICEs to drop into 9-10s 1/4 miles which puts them as fast as the fastest Teslas (roadster excluded).) Most people don't have the really fast EVs, and most people don't have the really fast ICEs. We're in the middle. :nix:

These are important PERSONAL considerations, but they are not going to change the long-term trend. We are at the same point that the motoring public was in during the conversion from steam to IC. The fully-developed old technology (steam) was still superior to undeveloped new technology (IC). The steam cars were safer,much more reliable, and faster (especially on hill climbs, which were very popular at the time. However, steam cars were not practical in sub-freezing weather, they could never be more than rich men's toys.U.S. racing authorities had to BAN them from racing, to clear the way for the incoming IC technology that would would make automobiles into a mass market for basic transportation.

The equally fatal defect of IC vehicles is that their continuing use is not compatible with the inhabitability of the planet. If you don't believe that, you have to believe that the coastal elites believe it. So the fate of the IC car is certain. See "13 cities that are starting to ban cars," Business Insider, June 1, 2018, "Oslo plans to permanently ban all cars from its city center by 2019 — six years before Norway's COUNTRY-WIDE BAN [emphasis added] would go into effect." Enjoy your driving pleasure while it lasts.

Streamliner 01-10-2019 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cosworth2000 (Post 7648788)
Here in Canada, our Government copies everything California does. It's BS to put a law on exhaust sounds because this will simply be a bias signal for police to pull over cars for a cash grab opportunity.

YES, and I am all for it! Where is it written that all these idiots with the modified Harleys and other insanely loud vehicles are allowed to assault everyone within earshot with their eardrum shattering noise? If I was KING, I would impound all overly loud vehicles and crush them on a first offense.