Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Best diesel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E420
Talking Best diesel

The best diesel I have found for my OM606.962 in the Indianapolis area is at the Rickers BP in Plainfield, they sell it for 3.039 but I noticed I don't burn through the first several gallons like nothing when I fill up here. Unlike the gas station I work at which gets its fuel from Atlas, it gets me about 28/29 combined MPG (with about 20% city and 80% highway). Usually the quickie mart gas stations with low diesel prices (i.e. $2.619) have the worst fuel quality. I look out for the cetane in the fuel I buy. I also put in additives such as cetane booster and fuel treatment. Diesel prices are cheap overall at the moment (below $2.70/gal), but I'd rather spend the more up front to get 28 MPG rather than 23 or 24. If anyone in the Indianapolis area has a place that they would recommend for high quality diesel please let me know.

Also, if anyone in Indianapolis knows where you can (or if you even can) buy Shell V-Power diesel, let me know.

I like to keep my OM606 running healthy