MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   General Mercedes Discussion (https://mbworld.org/forums/general-mercedes-discussion-22/)
-   -   2014 e350 Remote Start (https://mbworld.org/forums/general-mercedes-discussion/748815-2014-e350-remote-start.html)

erniepenn 06-27-2019 05:30 PM

2014 e350 Remote Start

I am considering getting a remote start installed. My car has 52,000 miles and is out of warranty. I live in the Florida Keys so the closest place to get anything done is Miami. I contacted a vendor in Miami called Tint World. They said the can use my factory remote and make a remote start for $499. I don’t really have a problem with the price but even though these guys are a chain of stores they are locally owned franchises. Has anyone ever had and experience with this company preferably with a remote start install. What questions should I be asking them ? I really don’t need anything other than remote start in the summer when it is really hot to cool car down. I do have the car under a free standing awning but it still gets very, very warm after a few minutes. Is there any downside to installing a remote start ? Thanks in advance...

midcityeng 06-28-2019 11:28 AM

Hi Ernie -
Thought to chime in here with a couple of thoughts.
First, your vehicle is a 2014, which means that its the first year of E class moving to the DAS4 security platform. What this means to you is that it's Mercedes' most current and sophisticated security platform, and to be quite frank, other remote starter manufacturers' coverage for E class stops at 2013 because they just haven't been able to make it work for 2014 and onward. Humbly speaking, we (Mid City) are the only horse in this race. Our remote starter coverage will work for your vehicle with no issues, and I wanted to mention to you to clarify which remote starter system would be used with Tint World. You being quoted $500 for a remote start system for your vehicle leads me to believe that you're being quoted on a different product that you likely will not be happy with in the end.
For your reference, this is the product you need:
If your car is a Keyless Go / push to start vehicle: https://www.midcityengineering.com/p...nz-sksng204d4/
If you car is a turn-key start vehicle: https://www.midcityengineering.com/p...r-sksng204d4t/

You would need to give up one of your vehicle keys to the installation of the starter (due to the security platform the vehicle is built on), and there would need to be a modification made to your key cylinder. We would be happy to talk through the process with you if you'd like to call us at 312.421.1114 - M-F, 10am-6pmCST.

There isn't a downside to installing this, as you can return the vehicle to factory setting by removing this mostly plug-and-play system. We have a number of Tint World locations signed up with us as authorized dealers and installers of the product, as well.

erniepenn 06-28-2019 12:00 PM

Thanks for your reply. I am not married to using Tintworld but thought the price reasonable. If you have any recommended dealers in Miami, I would be happy to entertain quotes from them. I want somebody reputable and willing to stand behind the installation of the remote start. Again, thanks for your initial response but remember, I am really only interested in remote start. Security enhancements and other bells and whistles don’t matter to me.

midcityeng 06-28-2019 12:39 PM

Give these guys a call - they do a fair amount of installation of our products and will do a good job for you.

Cartronics 490 NE 167 St.Miami Beach FL 33162
Phone: 305-945-8300

Re: the $500 price tag -- I can certainly understand that the price is appealing. However, in dealing with what is arguably the most sophisticated mass-produced consumer vehicle make on the market, you tend to get what you pay for, and the goal is to do it once and get it done right.

Please feel free to call us if you have any further questions. We're happy to assist.

wmkizer 07-01-2019 05:28 AM

I’m not fond of the remote starters that leave one of your key fobs behind the dash.. maybe this would be a much better option for you?

http://www.mbclimate.com/

midcityeng 07-01-2019 03:47 PM

There's a chance that CliMATE's coverage information might be incorrect.
As far as we can conclude, there is an extra key needed for any aftermarket remote starter solution on a 2014 and newer E class.

Obviously, you're welcome to go with whatever option you decide to go with, but I can tell you for a fact that our solution works quite well, and is more stable and more reliable than any other solution available on the market.

claytonncox 07-12-2023 09:23 PM

@midcityeng Thanks for supplying the info. I would like to follow up to confirm that a secondary key fob is not required to be left in the vehicle with your solution?

Could you also provide a recommendation for an installer in the CT are or NY/NJ? If not, does your kit come with instructions? Are the installation instructions available on your website?

Thanks!

midcityeng 07-13-2023 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by claytonncox (Post 8814235)
@midcityeng Thanks for supplying the info. I would like to follow up to confirm that a secondary key fob is not required to be left in the vehicle with your solution?

Could you also provide a recommendation for an installer in the CT are or NY/NJ? If not, does your kit come with instructions? Are the installation instructions available on your website?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, for 2014 model year vehicles, there is no getting around the sacrificial extra key on the installation.

We are located in Chicago, and you're certainly welcome to come visit us for an install. If that's too far for you, there is a number of different installation options you have within the state of CT. You can visit our DEALER LOCATOR and type in your zip code to generate a list of shops closest to you.

And yes, installation instructions for this kit can be found under the support section of our website.

jetjock64 08-22-2023 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by midcityeng (Post 8814478)
Unfortunately, for 2014 model year vehicles, there is no getting around the sacrificial extra key on the installation.

We are located in Chicago, and you're certainly welcome to come visit us for an install. If that's too far for you, there is a number of different installation options you have within the state of CT. You can visit our DEALER LOCATOR and type in your zip code to generate a list of shops closest to you.

And yes, installation instructions for this kit can be found under the support section of our website.

The website compatibility chart doesn't show my 2020 AMG GT. I'm SOL on Midcity product?

midcityeng 08-23-2023 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by jetjock64 (Post 8834859)
The website compatibility chart doesn't show my 2020 AMG GT. I'm SOL on Midcity product?

The 2020 AMG GT is on a different vehicle platform / computer platform than the 2019, so it would require a different coverage than what we have for the 2019 and older models. We have yet to validate one of these 2020's at our location. Once we do, we will list that coverage online. If you like, send us a PM with your contact information, and we can add you to the waitlist for this product and we can contact you once it's available.

Imole93 10-03-2023 12:12 AM

As far as we can conclude, there is an extra key needed for any aftermarket remote starter solution on a 2014 and newer E class.